Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: JLU- MOC vs. Loose
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:11 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

marillion wrote:
Is this thread for real?

Nope. It's a figment of your imagination.

Just kidding. But it isn't "for real". It's 4r33lz.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:08 pm 
shirtless hugger

I keep mine loose. I'm not opening a toy store or turning my living environment into a warehouse of boxes...I'd much rather take them out, take pictures and just enjoy owning them.

That said, I do have a couple of things still MOC, and one of them is the Thanagar six pack, which I was super excited to own and think is one of the best packs Mattel ever made.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:27 pm 
Collector Inspector

tuning4k wrote:
So...by your definition,

Not mine. The dictionary. Again which I stated.

if a few is more than one and I am wrong saying 4 is a few, then 4 must be less than 1.

Your thought process on mathematical theory is irrelevant. You said the definition of "a few" was four. It's not. It's just more than one. A few can be four (I'll give you a gold star for that if you'd like. Good boy. Well spotted) but a few could be any number. If you invite 1,000 people to an event and 50 show up, you could say "only a few of the invitees should up. So 50 is a also few. But the dictionary doesn't say few=50 either.

Here endeth the lesson. If you still don't get it, feel free to sign up for summer school.

When you quote something, it becomes part of what you are saying...making that dictionary definition your definition. If it isn't, then you called me wrong and posted it for no reason, since you do not believe its content.

I never said the definition of a few was 4...I said 4 is a a few...so is 3 and, by some beliefs, 5...and, by that dictionary definition, so is 50.

RIF, Mr Tuning4k, RIF.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:44 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:59 pm 
Daniel Pickett

{Mod Hat - That's the END of this silliness and back and forth. Next one gets all this crap stripped out of the thread. Last warning. *takes off Mod Hat*}

And now back to your actual regularly scheduled discussion about JLU figures.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:20 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

THANK YOU. Threads like this make my head hurt lol.

I've always been one to open my toys immediately. Toys are meant to be PLAYED with. I have nothing against anyone who wants to keep them in the package, but it isn't for me.

Besides, I like to display them with my customs. I know I've succeeded when my wife can't tell which ones are mine and which ones are Mattel. That means I've done a crappy job on my custom hahahahahahahaha....

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:32 pm 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

The reason I started this thread is that a friend of mine refused to buy Volcana unless It's MOC.
Has anyone ever given up and bought loose just to have something like Volcana in your collection?

If you did, what was it and did you finally find a MOC to replace it?

That's not to say that later on you wouldn't try to still get it in MOC if it came up again.

AFi Positive Feedback: +198

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:20 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
Has anyone ever given up and bought loose just to have something like Volcana in your collection?

I have not.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:25 pm 
my tummy itches

The only reason I wanted volcana is she is an awesome character. Not cause shes rare. I could go either way. Love kalibak and he is not rare At all.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:26 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
I am mostly a MOC-er (lol ;) ) I keep the original release 7 JL figures MOC, both Blue and Red Card, and some JLU from different series. But other than about I have 20-30 MOC JL/JLU figures, the rest are open as the packaging was almost always damaged or I just wanted them opened. I keep most of my McFarlane Halo figures, Jakks stuff, and other toylines MOC about 97% of the time, so I suppose I am 30% opener 70% MOC-er,

D.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:05 am 
Collector Inspector

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
The reason I started this thread is that a friend of mine refused to buy Volcana unless It's MOC.

If you did, what was it and did you finally find a MOC to replace it?

That's not to say that later on you wouldn't try to still get it in MOC if it came up again.

I haven't, but I will say if it came down to having the figure or not, I would grab it loose. I will also say that Timmverse figures are the only ones I am like that with, since, to me, they are more art than toys.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:24 am 
shirtless hugger

marillion wrote:
Is this thread for real?

Stop the bickering and nit-picking already. Sheesh.

Peace,

Chip

Exactly, let’s get back to the main issue at hand:

Which is MOC is crazy and toys are meant to be opened and played with! :twisted: :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:49 pm 
Factory Worker

Since I never keep anything MOC anyway, I've bought a lot of figures loose (as well as MOC.) So it keeps my options open. I prefer MOC but it's not a deal breaker.

I got several hard to find figures loose (but not on ebay) and even scored some in Hong Kong.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:20 pm 
Santos L. Halper

I have all the JLU figures and they're all displayed loose. They just look better to me looking shoulder to shoulder in my display cases. Those old 3 packs are just not that displayable.

I do have the original wave MOC, along with the 10 inchers MOC. Generally, I sometimes keep pieces in the box, sometimes displayed loose. Sometime I buy two just to keep one in the box and one to display. With me it all about what looks cool and what I like.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:33 pm 
3 3/4"

I'm a loose collector so that's not an issue for me. That is, however, an interesting dilemma for a MOC collector that I never really considered before.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next