Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: So... No new Wonder Woman figures at all in 2012??!!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:41 pm 
Brand Manager

DisneyBoy wrote:
I'm still bummed there weren't more WW offerings in JLU. Not an Amazon or Circe or Steve Trevor or nuthin'...
:|

Steve Trevor's omission is very easy to correct.

If you want the Classic Lyle Waggoner version, all you need is a General Eiling figure and a Blackhawk head casting. Paint the casting's hair & hat to match the look & uniform... and BINGO!

If you want the show accurate Steve... all you need is a Clock King body and a head cast from a character you think has the same jawline. Aquaman and/or Future Superman (from Batman Beyond) would easily do the trick.

But to be honest, when it comes to civilians and love interests... it would have been terribly unfair to skip someone like Clark Kent or Lois Lane in favor of Steve Trevor. Steve might be important... but as far as kids go... he's not that big of a draw.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:35 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

funtime3 wrote:
So where's that Wonder Woman All Star figure? Is it shipping with Wave 20?

I haven't seen anything on ebay so i'm guessing the answer is no.

The All Star WW shipped last year(I think). I bought one at Target when DCUC were still under $15.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:16 am 
Collector Inspector

JosephMama wrote:
funtime3 wrote:

The All Star WW shipped last year(I think). I bought one at Target when DCUC were still under $15.

Wow.in 2011? Cool. There was discussion here months back and no one knew where that figure was, someone speculated it might ship with Wave 20, and I've never seen a packaged picture. I guess it's not impossible since I only just saw the Deathstroke All-Star the other day. That's cool, It gives me hope now, I wanted to pick up a new Wonder Woman.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:33 pm 
ABS

JosephMama wrote:
funtime3 wrote:

JosephMama, please don't take this as anything but an honest question - Are you sure you are talking about the All Star Wonder Woman re-release (packaging looks like the package from Wave 16 on)? From what you are describing it kind of sounds like the World's Greatest Superheroes Wonder Woman re-release (the package looks like the packaging of Waves 1-11).

There has been some debate as to whether an All-Star Wonder Woman was ever released. The only "evidence" that there may have been an All-Star Wonder Woman release was because the back of the All-Stars released from Wave 16 (Deathstroke/Joker) and Wave 17 (Martian Manhunter/Superman/Flash) showed a picture of Wonder Woman. However, no one has reported seeing any All-Star Wonder Woman re-releases on the pegs and none have shown up on Ebay. It's possible that she was planned as a re-release at some point, but those plans may have gotten scrapped with the re-branding.