Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Ask Mattel for March 1st Links
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:07 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I'm on something of a roll with the Q&A's. They've answered every YJ question I've asked so far.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:38 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

BeeDub wrote:
JULY?! He didn't even get pushed back a month, instead they hot shot the two least wanted figures of the whole sub to the front of the line up. Bleh

...so that people don't put a stop payment on their credit cards after the first few months of the sub. :)

Mattel isn't stupid, people...they read the boards.

Peace,

Chip

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:35 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

batfink wrote:
Quote:
5.) Anthony Spiccoli asks: Hello Matty,Do you regret trashing the DC Universe Classics Line at retail? Especially now that you see the numbers that Hasbro is getting with the Marvel Legends. Their first wave has already surpassed the first 2 DCUC waves combined in the first week of official release. Of course Marvel Legends is an established brand itself so it shouldn’t be directly compared to the first months of DCUC, but that’s a different topic for a different day. Basically I’m asking if you think that the “DCUC All-Stars” will be able to complete with the Marvel Legends, your now direct competitor? With the quality of plastic getting cheaper, and removing the collect and connect pieces, how can you justify the rise in MSRP?

And I would like to know why "plastic is getting cheaper." (boldfaced lie #2) Matty, stop answering douchey comments like this.

I think you misread that- he was talking about the quality of the plastic getting cheaper-- which may be why some of my figures are drooping-- compared to some of the first waves of this line- the figures are definitely a little flimsier... and I think its perfectly justified why to ask how can hasbro have a lower price point, do all new sculpts and include a CNC piece for on average an MSRP cheaper a dollar or more, not to mention different diecut art on every card, and include accessores.. ....