Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Remember Avatar the Last Airbender?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:22 pm 
my tummy itches

Those of you that collected avatar the last airbender figure line, do you miss it? So many great characters weren't made. For example: ozai, iron, Mai, katara, Ty lee, azula, kota, the guru, long feng and more. I miss it. When is the last time they made figures for the line?

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

Post subject: Re: Remember Avatar?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:18 pm 
active in the community

The line bombed, big time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:14 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
That is one of those lines that I would have bought if the figures were smaller like 3.75" instead of what they had which was like 4" or 5"
right? It has been too long since I have seen them, I can't remember for sure,

D.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:17 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

I didnt buy the line because I knew they wouldnt release many of the characters....same way I feel about TCats classics.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:35 am 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
baddasspk wrote:
I didnt buy the line because I knew they wouldnt release many of the characters....same way I feel about TCats classics.

Oh yeah, that's the other reason I didn't collect it either, lol. :lol: It was an awesome show and I would have collected all of the line, if it had a good selection and didn't suck, and was more like Ben 10 or JLU, (more like ben 10 though, as JLU sucked many times.) ;)

D.

Post subject: Re: Remember Avatar the Last Airbender?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:42 am 
Wonderdog

Funny you should ask... I've actually been working on a collection lately.

I was kind of a late comer to the show. Didn't really start watching until early in season 3, but caught up quickly, & now place the show in my all-time top 3 tv shows. I LOVE the show. I looked everywhere for a standard, show-accurate, 'airbender' Aang at that time, but couldn't find one at retail, so I gave up on the toys at the time (classic toyline faux pas).

I recently scored that Aang, but it's kinda tough finding some of the rarer figures for a fair price (Jet & Blue Spirit Zuko come to mind in particular).

I think the figures are pretty great, actually. Not perfect, but pretty great. The real downer about the whole line, and what keeps me from being far more committed to it, is that there are NO females. Not one. From a show that is very highly regarded for its strong female characters. You get Jet but no Katara. King Bumi but no Toph. Admiral Zhao but no Azula.

Even if I do find all the figures, I'll never feel like I have a complete collection. And it's not JLU; customs are a daunting prospect. Thanks for bringing up one of the great action figure bummers of all time. I'm gonna go cry now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:30 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Totally agree Ed. I got into the movie after getting into the cartoons and then the movie. I was so disappointed when I found out they didn't do Toph and Katara. 2 of the 4 main characters. I have most of the main character in my MOMC collection. The Roku one is one of my favorites. Prolly the best cartoon series ever imo for writing and storyline. That cartoon kicked butt.

There is a new Avatar cartoon out in a few weeks on April 14th, The Legend of Korra.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:45 pm 
my tummy itches

The line didnt have great character selection and size. But this is a mixture of fisher price and Mattel, what do you expect? The cartoon was great I totally agree. And the legos were cool too. We were promised katara in 07 but no......

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:16 pm 
Former King of Posts

I always thought Ang would make a great base for a JLU Kai-ro Green Lantern from the future JLU set in Batman Beyond's era.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:52 pm 
Wonderdog

ian5555 wrote:
There is a new Avatar cartoon out in a few weeks on April 14th, The Legend of Korra.

Can't wait for that. I didn't realize it was so soon. Dark Horse is doing a series now too that shows some potential.
superfriend wrote:
I always thought Ang would make a great base for a JLU Kai-ro Green Lantern from the future JLU set in Batman Beyond's era.

He would be ENORMOUS.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:17 pm 
my tummy itches

I know its funny because Kai-ro is so small and yet he would be towering over other jlu....... Good idea supes....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:19 pm 
my tummy itches

Also should I change my profile pic?? I know I'm known as kalibak but should I?