Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Displaying JLU questions
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:22 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou wrote:
I looked high and low for those acrylic boxes for the longest time, and never found them, online or in person. That's why I went with the cases I linked to a few posts up, which were also cheaper.

Yeah they aren't cheap especially if you plan on buying about 250 of them all at once. I started getting them back when I only had about 90 or so figures that I wanted to display. Even then I only bought a few at a time until I got caught up. Then I would usually just get more only when I bought a few new figures.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:56 pm 
Resin

I dont generally display variants. The "exceptions" would be Classic(aka Superfriends) Batman and Classic(aka STAS) Aquaman. And I dont count the Justice Lords and Superman Prime as variants, not that I think too many people would.

As for how I display them well one glass case has: The "Superfriends" grouped togther, I have "older groups", your Detroiters, Seven Soldiers,Golden Age, JSA all together. Then I have the "newer" JLA,JLU,JLI together. I have another shelf that houses heroes that dont,necessarily, fit into one of the other groups. Here its your New Gods, Green Lanterns, Solovar etc...

The other case houses the vilians: One shelf has Batman vilians, the next is Superman and Apokolips vilians. Third shelf is made up of Secret Society vilians which has the Flash Rogues together but the rest of the baddies just sort set randomly. Next shelf is kind of a hodge podge of vilians that didnt fit elsewhere, here you have Mogul, Vandal the Cadmus crew, Black Adam etc.

Accessories I only display if I deem it "essential" to the character. For example Green Arrow and his bow, Weather Wizard and his wand, same for The Shade. Otherwise I dont display them. Skeetz,for me, is a character hiimself so hes displayed too.

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:23 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Sounds very similar to the way I display mine.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:59 am 
Collector Inspector

Thanks, whakojacko1976.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:14 pm 
shirtless hugger

I use Excel to keep track of my figures. They are sorted by year, then series, then figure name. When I do a new display, I try to keep my figures in that order as I check them off the list as I put them up. That works out OK most of the time, but I try not to have too many of the same figures next to each other.

I’ll display all the variations of a figure, like Batman, Superman or Green Lantern that I have, but will not put up duplicates when I don’t need too.

As I get new figures, I try to keep the order the same and expand the space, but with JLU I had to put some figures in randomly. Some of my figures weak ankles gave out and I had to move them around in the display.

I also like to keep groups together like the Green Lantern Corp and Justice Lords.

I put as many accessories as I can with the figures. I hate small accessories like Batarangs as they pop off and disappear, so I tend to glue them to the figure. Since most of my JLU came from 3 packs, most do not have any accessories.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:39 am 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

The entire JLU as a group on one shelf.

Image Image

All Grodd's Secret Society on another.

TNBA

Bookshelves are not off limits.

Nor is bathroom shelving

AFi Positive Feedback: +198