Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: Young Justice 4 and 6 inch lines CANCELLED!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:35 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Young Justice was just never going to cut it imo. They need to focus on getting Justice League back out there somehow.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:44 am 
Collector Inspector

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
Okay gotcha. So do you think that possibly there is a chance for a third season now? Now I don't think we will see any animated DC- show figures again at retail as long as mattel has the license.

I think it all depends not on the sales of the toys but how kids respond to it now that it's on this new DC nation programming. Also it will depend on it's ability to sell ad space. Myself I don't think we will see a 3rd season when we aren't even out o the first season yet. There are still 3 more EPs. until season one is even over. And then according to IMDB.com there only 2 scheduled Episodes for season 2. But who knows stranger things have happened.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:22 am 
An Insider

j1h15233 wrote:
How is this any different than what they did? You got a few extra new characters in there and even more repaint characters than we already got. Not to mention that a 3-pack would have cost 25-30 bucks. The line might have died sooner.

I based the figure selection on what they released or planned to release. The only difference is that I suggested 12 figures in each wave instead of 4. I would suggest the price of the 3-pack to be between $15.99 and $17.99.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:47 am 
Aspires to be #1

joeace wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
How is this any different than what they did? You got a few extra new characters in there and even more repaint characters than we already got. Not to mention that a 3-pack would have cost 25-30 bucks. The line might have died sooner.

I based the figure selection on what they released or planned to release. The only difference is that I suggested 12 figures in each wave instead of 4. I would suggest the price of the 3-pack to be between $15.99 and $17.99.

Oh I didn't realize you weren't trying to change their repaints and re-releases.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:53 am 
my tummy itches

That's wierd. But does the group that produces the episodes know about this? It's no coincidence that season 2 is so short. Oh well. There goes my chance for queen bee. But I hope this won't turn into JLU where things don't go as planned on Matty and the whole line drops and we are gonna start a whole " organization " called save the YJ! On Facebook. I don't know though. I do want a queen bee and I dont even collect YJ.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:59 pm 
3 3/4"

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
That's wierd. But does the group that produces the episodes know about this? It's no coincidence that season 2 is so short. Oh well. There goes my chance for queen bee. But I hope this won't turn into JLU where things don't go as planned on Matty and the whole line drops and we are gonna start a whole " organization " called save the YJ! On Facebook. I don't know though. I do want a queen bee and I dont even collect YJ.

I feel ike a Save the YJ campaign wouldn't really go anywhere. Look how hard we hard to work for the JLU figures and I'm sure there are a lot more diehard JLU fans than YJ fans. I only bought the YJ figures for the accessories (bases from the 6" figures and HOJ pieces from the 4" figures) so I'm not heartbroken with seeing it go.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:49 pm 
my tummy itches

I know. And it's not like YJ even really had a chance to get any hard core fans. JLU had 8 years. YJ had 2 or less.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:53 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

I don't see how the toyline being canceled will definitely mean the show will be. Iron Man: Armored Adventures' toyline was canceled after five figures and a vehicle and it got a second season and The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes has no toyline in sight and has still been greenlit for a total of 52 episodes. Static Shock lasted for four seasons and never got a toyline either. It used to be that a lot of toylines based on TV cartoons and movies lasted exactly one wave but didn't effect the show's popularity itself. It's a little different now but still the shows mostly effect the toylines and not the other way around. That's the reason the otherwise successful ThunderCats line is being discontinued since the show was canceled.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:57 pm 
my tummy itches

I believe the companys have some sort of prediction if a show will do well let alone a toyline.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:58 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Well this is a surprise. And yet, not....I didn't think the figures looked all that good. They well solid representations of the characters, of course, but as toys I didn't get excited about them. The dioramas and Hall of Justice DIY pieces were the only real appeal there, in my eyes. As soon as I saw the repaints coming out, I thought "Hmmm...are folks going to buy these?" Guess not.

What does it take for a toy line to be successful at retail these days? Do we know of any really successful toy lines?

I know MOTUC seems to be a success for Mattel, but to hear them speak of it, it's always on the brink of cancellation...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:00 pm 
my tummy itches

With mattel, If it's not a day old with mattel, its always on the slippery slope of cancellation.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:07 pm 
active in the community

In my dream world, there would only be two scales for a toy line and it would never be cancelled.

Mattel could easily incorporate the Young Justice in a 3 3/4 scaled line. They could color the boxes brighter if it's a hero and color the retail boxes darker if it's a villain.

In the 6 inch route, they should drop the dioramas and go the Batman Legacy route and make the boxes smaller. When things are smaller it makes people believe they are wasting less money. If the Young Justice cartoon becomes more popular I'm sure they'll bring it back. Can't wait till SDCC! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:13 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Woah...the new Thundercats show was cancelled?? I'm so out-of-the-loop these days. At the very least, they should keep the toys going (and stop changing their minds about scale, as fans hate that!)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:41 pm 
my tummy itches

Me too.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:53 pm 
serves the Otter

I'm so glad I lucked out and finally found Stealth Aqualad at Target yesterday to complete my Hall of Justice.

Still, I'm very disappointed in the cancellation. Like others have said, this line really started to grow on me after initially being turned off by it. It's nice they are still going to give us a few more figures via Mattycollector since the figures are already tooled, and hopefully that includes that great looking Captain Marvel figure.

What bugs me the most is that we'll never get a 6" Miss Martian. The core characters should have been the priority in the 6" line -- not someone like Sportsmaster. :(

I wonder how hard Mattel tried to save this line with retailers. Did anyone even consider the idea of downsizing the ridiculously oversized packaging for both the 4" and 6" lines, including ditching the huge display bases. That would justify lowing the MSRP a couple bucks and allow for more to fit on the shelves/pegs. Or as others have suggested... redesign the packaging on the 4" line to allow for more 2-packs or even 3-packs in a more economically-priced format to appeal to moms and kids.

Alas, it's all a moot point now. I just hope the cancellation of the toy line doesn't lead to a quick cancellation of the cartoon show. I've loved the show from the start, mostly for the more mature storylines that appeal to adult viewers much like JLU's cartoon did. But since so many cartoons seem to rely on a toy line to help support interest, and vice versa, then I fear the show may get axed quick. :(

Last edited by shabbyblue on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 47  Next