Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: Young Justice 4 and 6 inch lines CANCELLED!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:59 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

kevfett wrote:
This is the worst news I've heard all week and four days ago I found out I have Leukemia.

Those bastards at Mattel really know how to kick a guy when he's down!

:wink:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:34 am 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Wow Mattel... just wow... no YJ, no JLU, no GLTAS, no DCUC, no DCAS, you only have the Fisher Price DC stuff? How long will that last? I was just getting into this line, I suppose I am lucky I only bought 2 figures. But again, sorry to all of you who did like the line.

DC Comics or WB if you are reading this, please do dome of your magic legal mumbo jumbo and take the DC license away from Mattel!!!...acually wait and force them to release the remaining YJ and JLU figures they showed us first! ;) (just trying to lighten the mood everyone, sorry I suck at it.)

D.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:42 am 
my tummy itches

Believe it or not we technically are getting the rest of JLU. I need the firefly, toyman and doctor destiny 3 pack for TNBA reasons. Not sure what other packs my budget will allow sense I'm buying a few for an-gel.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:45 am 
declined to be a vampire

I haven't read through the 9 pages here, so if someone else has said this...super.

But is it any surprise these were cancelled? 19-24 bucks for the 6 inch figures, and 10 bucks or so for those 4 inch figures?

The new DC toys are starting to be priced out of the market. It's no wonder these aren't selling. I'm sure not paying that for what we get. The only reason I got all of wave one of the 6 inch is because I got them for 10 bucks on mattelshop.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:30 am 
5" Scale

Bunger43 wrote:
I haven't read through the 9 pages here, so if someone else has said this...super.

But is it any surprise these were cancelled? 19-24 bucks for the 6 inch figures, and 10 bucks or so for those 4 inch figures?

The new DC toys are starting to be priced out of the market. It's no wonder these aren't selling. I'm sure not paying that for what we get. The only reason I got all of wave one of the 6 inch is because I got them for 10 bucks on mattelshop.

yeah I think everyone can agree the prices are getting out of hand on DC figures, it makes it worse when they are sitting next to Marvel figures that are $1 or $2 cheaper and have more detail

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:27 am 
my tummy itches

The prices that mattel puts on their figures definantly leads to the lines downfall.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:33 am 
Hat Pooper

I bought my kids some 4.5 YJ for Christmas, they were never open. We actually took them to Target for store credit.

The YJ show is great but the toys are not. Mattel does great with WWE but I think WWE has more input on what people do with their license then most, the same goes for Marvel.

Hasbro set trends with their lines. SHS and MU are good example on what to do with a properties that appease kids and collectors. Mattel plays a game of follow the leader ( except with JLU). DCIH was a poor copy of MU. The Action League came in as SHS was ending. ( I still miss SHS). Their B&B line is another example of taking a license and doing some stupid. Really holes in the figure?? YJ figures that can hold weapons. Uggg.

I'm not surprised that it is cancelled or do I care that it is gone. Still love the show.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:35 am 
declined to be a vampire

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that the toys aren't great. I may get yelled at, but I think the 4 inch figures look terrible, and the 6 inch are hit or miss. I just wanted to expand on my 6 inch collection so I bought them.

nquick wrote:
I bought my kids some 4.5 YJ for Christmas, they were never open. We actually took them to Target for store credit.

The YJ show is great but the toys are not. Mattel does great with WWE but I think WWE has more input on what people do with their license then most, the same goes for Marvel.

Hasbro set trends with their lines. SHS and MU are good example on what to do with a properties that appease kids and collectors. Mattel plays a game of follow the leader ( except with JLU). DCIH was a poor copy of MU. The Action League came in as SHS was ending. ( I still miss SHS). Their B&B line is another example of taking a license and doing some stupid. Really holes in the figure?? YJ figures that can hold weapons. Uggg.

I'm not surprised that it is cancelled or do I care that it is gone. Still love the show.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:38 am 
my tummy itches

I actually tried an episode of the show. Not as good as JLU but still a great show no doubt.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:43 am 
declined to be a vampire

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
I actually tried an episode of the show. Not as good as JLU but still a great show no doubt.

What I like about this is the continued continuity from the get go.

Justice League started incorporating that after the show had been on, and it was beautiful when they did.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:51 am 
my tummy itches

I guess. I just think JLU was a little better.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:54 am 
active in the community

Even worse news (to me), the unreleased 4" figs are now on ebay: Black Manta is going for $43, Red Arrow for $102, and Shazam for $69 (these are their current bids). Ggrrr :evil:

I tried, but couldn't attach the links :?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:06 am 
Cold-cast

Ahh YJ we hardly knew ya.

I think several factors came into play here.

1) Summer Movie Lines: Amazing Spider Man, Dark Knight Rises, Avengers, etc.

2) Rising toy costs

3) They ain't Batman or Superman

Take this as a glimpse of the future. DC second and third stringers will only make an occasional appearance in a Batman or Superman toy line. Hopefully the Avengers will do well and we'll get a Justice League movie and toy line. Otherwise, it's going to be Batman, Joker, Superman, Lex Luthor, repeat. Toy prices are too high and shelf space is too competitive these days for retailers to wait around for a toy line to build up a following.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:09 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Well-- I look at it this way-- if the other figures show up Ill get them otherwise oh well-- just less money I have to spend..-- its no worse than Wolverine and the X Men-- (I never got any of the female cast from that line)--

I dont think the toy sales will affect the cartoon itself- as Cartoon Network makes its money on the DVD sales-- so if those are good- it will keep going.-- (they dont get much of the figure cut I would assume)

The sad day is if things like adventure Time gets into wave 4 or so..

But just goes to show Mattel just needs to give up on the action figures already--(or just keep it at the collector level)-- Maybe hasbro will steal the 4 horseman away- since apparently Mattel cant keep them working)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:10 am 
Aspires to be #1

LBSuperman wrote:
Even worse news (to me), the unreleased 4" figs are now on ebay: Black Manta is going for $43, Red Arrow for $102, and Shazam for $69 (these are their current bids). Ggrrr :evil:

I tried, but couldn't attach the links :?

Red Arrow has gotten to 102 now? Wow, I guess the news got out on the cancellation.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 47  Next