Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beware The Batman (BTB) 2013 Toys
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:09 am 
Aspires to be #1

batfink wrote:
Batman Begins didn't have the Joker in it, did that movie suck?

Batman Begins was a movie and the sequel had the Joker. An entire animated series of Batman without the Joker being involved is a little different than one movie.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:11 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

batfink wrote:
Well then you most certainly won't be reading Batman: Earth One, because that's how Alfred is going to be portrayed in that series, and it looks pretty awesome to me.

I most certainly WON'T be reading that because superhero comics (at least the current ones) suck. They try to be all adult and gritty and completely forget how to be fun to read. No wonder kids stay away from them today and only read manga. The comic book industry is dying and they are taking no steps to replace their aging readers with younger ones.

I have no loyalty to DC or Marvel Comics and only watch certain shows if they are good. I certainly won't watch every single show that has Batman in it. I'm a DC Animated Timmverse fan, not a DC Comics one. If the new Batman series is taking a page out of current comics then it's in trouble already.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:18 am 
5" Scale

I posted my pic just to be funny, I am a die hard DC fan, so I will have to give the show a shot, but I dont see me buying any of the toys

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:26 am 
Cold-cast

j1h15233 wrote:
batfink wrote:

Batman Begins was a movie and the sequel had the Joker. An entire animated series of Batman without the Joker being involved is a little different than one movie.

Did they say that the Joker would never make an appearance in the entire series? Here is the exact quote:
"Sam Register explained, 'We went in deeper into the villain library and pulled out some other villains and the studio did not want the series to do another "Joker story."

They said the same thing about not using Superman as a team up in Batman: The Brave and the Bold. By the end of the series, guess who appeared? If Beware the Batman goes three seasons, you can bet that Joker will appear. Not that I would be sad if he didn't. Hugo Strange, Anarky, Morgan Ducard, Ragman...there are so many characters that could keep me interested without Joker. Could anyone do better than Bruce Timm did with Joker anyway? I would rather have no Joker than one like we saw in The Batman lol.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:42 am 
Brand Manager

The notion that Batman would let anyone in his team use guns makes as much sense as this:

"A gun is a coward's weapon. A liar's weapon.
      We kill too often because we've made it easy...
      too easy... sparing ourselves the mess and the work."

-- Batman, The Dark Knight Returns

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:14 am 
Cold-cast

Oh come on now guys...this is a kids show with a 40's film noir feel to it. I don't think Alfred's going to be shooting anyone in the face. Besides, Commissioner Gordon uses a gun. Why not Alfred packing one early on in Batman's career?

At least Batman's not going all Dirty Harry like he did in the early years:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51 ... at_gun.png

And all of these "comics are no good anymore" rants sound like Dana Carvey as the grumpy old man. Yes, a lot of the new comics do suck, as they did in the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's. But a lot of them are great, despite your refusal to read them. So maybe let's give this a watch before we all declare sacrilege? I'm sure when Tim Burton's Batman came out there were some 60's show fans saying, "Why the hell isn't Batman smiling?!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:15 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Alfred does wield a shotgun in the comics from time to time when he has to.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:38 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

batfink wrote:

In a word yes...
But the one with the Joker in it sucks as well-- so thats really not a gauge I would use...

I can deal with the animation style, I can deal with Alfred and a gun.. I cannot deal with the fact that Grant Morrisons work is going to be one of the major influences on it as a cartoon..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:48 am 

Yeah the fact they sold Grant's ideas as a kid's cartoon... almost frightens me. :lol: Professor Pig... really?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:47 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I love the use of the phrase, "Negative Nancies". What, now because I don't voice in full my love and support for this, I'm a sissy? Love it. I certainly didn't come in calling anyone who's excited about this a butt kisser or braindead.

In my opinion (since we obviously need to add this caveat for some anytime we say anything negative), what little I've seen about this cartoon does not excite me. There's a REASON the Joker, the Riddler, and the rest of the gang have been around for so long. I have nothing against the new characters, but the thought of them as the focal point does not interest me at all. Again, in my opinion.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:53 pm 
shirtless hugger

Yes, I’m sure there will be a toyline for Beware The Batman.

No, it will not be in scale with any other Mattel Batman line.

Yes, there will be issues with the new toyline like:
A). Distribution
B). Quality Control
C). Character Selection
D). Everything else Mattel seems to get wrong.

At least a gun toting Alfred might assure us that we get an Alfred. Mattel has not made an Alfred yet despite having Alfred in 3 major films and The Batman. Last Alfred was in the BTAS line.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:10 pm 

There's an Alfred due out for Dark Knight Rises... not sure if that counts. But I know that's not classic Pennyworth like the Batman Hush figure... but yeah... Alfred needs more than 3 figures, counting his one BTAS figure.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:41 pm 
shirtless hugger

They could have made an Alfred for the first four films and used the same figure for all four figure lines. They could have made and Alfred for Batman Begins and used it for the next two films as well. Alfred was an integral part of The Batman, but no figure

Alfred was released by Hasbro as a figure in a TNBA 4 pack and with a Batcave playset.

Alfred needs more figure love and so does Gordon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:48 pm 
Former King of Posts

red Ricky wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
I'd love to see a Flash animated series.

Yes. A Flash series or a Captain Marvel series by Bruce Timm would be all kinds of wonderful.

Why does it need to be from Bruce Timm?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:39 pm 
Aspires to be #1

superfriend wrote:
Why does it need to be from Bruce Timm?

Because he's awesome.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next