Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Last JLU Requests - the final 3 pack (Volcana/Aqua/Grann
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:57 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Well that's better - I wanted this thread to be a happy one :) My thanks to all those who've kept it that way!

Quote:
Don't let the dream dasher's kill your hope DisneyBoy (although I don't remember you supporting the last push for JLU figures iirc - if you did my mistake)!

Well, I'm always for more JLU figures, like most of us here. I'm not sure which "last push" you're referring too (the seven pack?)), but I'm always happy to do what I can to support the line. And I try not to poo-poo others suggestions in some definitive way when I read threads.

Quote:
Do you really think that I wouldn't or don't support the pack as you originally proposed it? As I said earlier, I'd be there in a heartbeat. I just can't stand when people are so arrogant and presumptious as to tell us what and what not to post. I posted an entire release schedule that would have carried us through another 20 years. Little bit of a fan here, and I'm far from the only one lol. Geesh.

Folks recently mentioned how over at the He-Man.org forums things can get a little intense and nasty. Well, I've noticed how they counter-act that by opening "positivity" threads, and knowing that this three-pack suggestion might come off as ungrateful, I asked that people only post here if they like the idea. It makes it easier for ToyGuru, Mattel and us to see just how many people are excited by a notion. So, I think you're taking it a little personally that I reiterated again that people keep their comments positive. I'm not singling anyone out, and I know how much this forum stands together when it comes to JLU. I guess it just comes down to the "nothing nice to say, don't say anything" rule. I try to operate that way on here. And as many threads as there have been about Granny being of interest, I think that if we agree this three pack idea would be ideal, then we could get behind it on this thread, and keep it in the back of Matty's mind in the months ahead. Nothing "arrogant" or "presumptuous" about it.

Quote:
JLU will go on. We just have to be patient and let fate decide If it will ever return.

Yeah, that's my general feeling too...

Quote:
The one thing that I'm not a big fan of is the suggested price. Why put $50 out there? If we're making fan wishlists, I'd certainly hope that nothing further is higher priced than the $30 they've set for the "final" three packs.

Well, I'm not sure that if Matty just rereleases 3 previously existing characters for 30 bucks, it'll drum up the kind of buzz that the company would want. Seriously - which toy manufacturer turns the machines back on just to give the die-hard fans another chance at some rarer figures, months after the line's been officially concluded?

So I think that if they DO make another new figure (for SDCC '13, or in the next few years), they'd want it to get some attention. But making ONE new figure with a new sculpt for them in the past hasn't been profitable (see STRIPE), so I figured if they rerelease two oldies and up the price, they can turn a profit, and we can get a terrific deal. I agree that if the up-and-coming three packs had been priced at 50 bucks, I wouldn't be in favor of them. But in a year's time, one new figure and two oldies for 50 bucks could work for us AND Mattel. It's not like Volcana and Aquaman are any more costly for them to produce than Batman and Superman, after all. So it would be tempting to more people to buy the pack, including those who already own Volcana and Aquaman (all ten of you, LOL!)

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:23 am 
my tummy itches

Soon for me to be one of those 10! At least to be positive -ill say this. If they were to make one more newly sculpted figure it would be granny.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:28 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

See, that's the thing...I'd like to believe that, but she is a female figure, and a villainess...fans would be excited but it's not like she's an extry-point character the way Clark Kent or Lois might be. If they were thinking "We'll make more JLU/DCAU toys, but lets relaunch with someone everyone will recognize and want!" I'm not sure they'd go with her. She is a slighty more well-known version of Waller (in their eyes, anyway).

Hence the need for us to remind them she's super-cool and in-demand.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:19 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

vicodinac wrote:
Exactly...I've heard this statement so many times it doesn't mean anything anymore. Dr Destiny and Firefly were just pipe dreams when the final 3 packs were produced.
If JLU has taught me anything it's to not dream big all at once, but rather in doable increments.
1) got the final packs released
2) got Dr. Destiny and Firefly
3) got Mongul Color change
)!

I haven't gotten a single of these things- yes Mattel Plans to do all of them-- but until they are in my grubby little paws they are still a pipe dream-- right now Matty turns on a dime (though recently for JLU in the positive way-- not so much for most of their other lines)-- but there is no way that you can guarantee me that halfway through the releases -- they don't change their mind and make a complete 180 (which is why I was hoping Firefly is the first release).. Id focus on making sure we get the 5 -- 3 packs before even hinting at getting anything else from them.
And for the record- I have the Volcana and Aquaman-- And I would want either 3 figures I already have (so I can skip it) in a 3 pack or three figures I dont-- so Im not behind this idea at all...

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:27 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Sorry to burst your bubble but I think Matty confirmed the last pack released (in December) will be the Firefly/Destiny/Toyman pack. So we'll all be waiting and keeping our fingers crossed that they release it!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:57 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

It's kinda all just a waiting game at this point. We will either get them or we won't. Can't say we didn't at least put up some kind of fight for the final packs.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:16 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

This is a discussion forum and just because you post "don't be negative" in your OP doesn't mean anyone isn't going to say anything. Especially when it comes to JLU.

It's the "never satisfied" syndrome that seems to inflict many JLU fans here. Some of you guys will always think of JLU as what Mattel didn't give you and not at what they did IMO. You'll look at your collection and think man, why didn't they make Granny Goodness instead of HOLY @!#$ look at these hundreds of awesome figures in one line.

If Mattel announced tomorrow that they were releasing an Aquaman/Volcana/Granny Goodness pack as the LAST official pack it would be cheers all around until about a month from now and there would be another thread with.....

...you know I had a radical idea for a new JLU pack that we have have read and re-read about for years now. It gets old. It's a discussion forum , post what you want but be ready for other people posting what they want.

So who exactly is being negative here? The people who are never satisfied and bash Mattel over and over or the people that acknowledge that JLU had a great run, let i die already and Thank You Mattel and TG for an amazing line.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:01 pm 
my tummy itches

Patience is the most us fans can do at this point.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:01 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
It's the "never satisfied" syndrome that seems to inflict many JLU fans here. Some of you guys will always think of JLU as what Mattel didn't give you and not at what they did IMO. You'll look at your collection and think man, why didn't they make Granny Goodness instead of HOLY @!#$ look at these hundreds of awesome figures in one line.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You're clearly not reading what I wrote. Amazing how politely asking people not to be negative results in some of you going out of your way to do just that. Laaaaame.

All that said, Glassman really did pull together a great custom, and if Mattel ever were to consider making Granny, I definitely think they'd take some inspiration from his work (as they did with Casimir's Parademons!) more than the Waller buck. She's just too tiny, especially next to Darkseid.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:54 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

You clearly didn't read what I wrote or does "some of you guys" mean "Disneyboy" in some other language? Wasn't pointing the finger directly at you just saying in general there are JLU fans that look at the line as glass half empty instead of glass half full which amazes me nah ASTOUNDS me as big as this line was.

There is a difference between being negative and being realistic. Mattel has already said this is it, this is all we have that is already tooled. So odds are this isn't happening but who knows, i could be wrong. I didn't think they would make the final 3 packs either, so I have been proven wrong before, but of course they already had the figures ready to go. Not so in this case.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:59 am 
5th Horseman

Disneyboy: your argument on pricing is good, but I still think it gives more to Mattel than is necessary. At $20 a three pack like this is an easy purchase and a fair price. $30 is pushing it, and $50 (plus shipping) is really only justifiable for me if I were selling some of these figures to help pay for the pack. Mattel might need to charge that much for a limited pool of consumers interested in this, but at that price they would push away someone like me who would like the figures but is value-conscious.

To speak positively about this, I think Granny is a fantastic final figure choice. She's certainly the most major villain without a figure yet, and perhaps had the most screen time of all the unmade characters. Although when you mention a Lois figure, that is really tempting as one to ask for!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:34 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

You're right about pricing - 50 is pushing it, and only the hardcore fans would pay. But then, I don't see any future exclusive JLU figures really being a huge draw for anyone other than us JLUers.

And if it means I get Volcana AND Granny for 50 (instead of 100 for one, and...well, never owning the other) that's a deal to me.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:57 am 
Wonderdog

ian5555 wrote:
Wasn't pointing the finger directly at you just saying in general there are JLU fans that look at the line as glass half empty instead of glass half full which amazes me nah ASTOUNDS me as big as this line was.

Speaking for myself, I'm perfectly content with what we got out of JLU. Especially now. Enjoying the extra cash. Enjoying making customs without the fear of Mattel making the character later. Preparing to enjoy a complete collection.

But I do have a feeling there will be a surprise or two down the road. I also had a feeling we'd get some of those last 3-packs after Mattel said we wouldn't, and it ended up working out that way. I'm not saying Mattel should do it, Mattel needs to do it, Mattel is stupid if they don't do it; none of that. I'm just saying, I have a feeling that they will. And if they do, I'll be psyched and buy whatever they put out there.

I don't know if that's pessimism or optimism in your eyes, but my attitude is pretty positive.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:07 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I'm sure because you didn't support his idea completely as he proposed it with no changes whatsoever it'll be considered negative. :roll:

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:01 pm 
my tummy itches

We just want completion! Dont ever insult us JLU fans! We are NOT negative and it is something that brings us together.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next