Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Last JLU Requests - the final 3 pack (Volcana/Aqua/Grann
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:03 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
We are NOT negative and it is something that brings us together.

LOL! That's a nice thought :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:01 pm 
shirtless hugger

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
Dont ever insult us JLU fans! We are NOT negative and it is something that brings us together.

What about when you talk about any line that isn't JLU?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:13 am 
AFA Graded

BCYa wrote:
Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
Dont ever insult us JLU fans! We are NOT negative and it is something that brings us together.

What about when you talk about any line that isn't JLU?

We don't talk about other toy lines, negative or positive. They aren't worth our time. :wink:

JLU FOREVER.

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:28 am 
serves the Otter

I wasn't originally going to post in this thread for reasons I won't get into but seeing all of the negativity makes me think I have to.

Me and DisneyBoy go way back. We don't always agree on everything (I am not going to be involved in this particular campaign) but we've always been friendly and he's a good guy. I think the way he has been treated in this thread is appalling.

First off, you "do not have the right to post whatever you want whereever you want to" on AFI. It's right in the site rules that posters must stay on topic. In the very first post DisneyBoy laid out what was on topic in the thread and what wasn't. People veering off into tangents related to the unlikelyhood of whether or not this was possible was off-topic. DisneyBoy asked for a head count and that's it. He was even kind enough to invite people who think this particular campaign is a waste of time to post their own thread to bash the campaign. I completely understand where his frustration is coming from.

DisneyBoy, have you considered joining the "Save The JLU" Facebook page? A headcount is a very good start but once you have that you need some way to get the campaign organized. I wish you the best of luck because I know how difficult campaigns campaigns can be. You have taken on a big task but I'm confident you are up to it. Good luck!

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:35 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

First off, who said you "do not have the right to post whatever you want whenever you want"? I'm not seeing that. Go ahead and let Julius know his comments are not welcome in the thread, see how that works out for you lol

Second of all, saying that will never happen and giving reasons why IS ON TOPIC. Julius saying "not.gonna.happen: is on topic. People posting it won't work because alot of people already have those 2 figures is again "on topic". Those are not negative comments they are realistic ones based on what we know.

I personally could careless when he "asks" people to not be negative. If I have an opinion on something I will express it if I want too. I don't feel that is rude and it isn't anything personal against Disneyboy. i personally would buy that pack as I do not have a Volcana, I'd like Granny AND I sold my Aquaman for like $90 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .

if he just wants a headcount and no discussion than why not just create a poll?

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:56 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

It's like Thomas Jefferson once said: "AFI is my home for JLU"

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:05 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I love it!!!! That is def going in my signature, great idea. Thanks buddy!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:22 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Ha! Now take the first one out and we have a deal. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:35 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

It's hard coded for some reason, go figure :mrgreen:

Oops are we off topic? I don't to break rules and stuffs.....I might get a talking too. least we're not being negative.

*ahem* what a great idea for a 3 pack, uhh yeah!!! Kidding aside I'd totally buy it even for $50.00.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:10 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

ian5555 wrote:
First off, who said you "do not have the right to post whatever you want whenever you want"? I'm not seeing that. Go ahead and let Julius know his comments are not welcome in the thread, see how that works out for you lol

Second of all, saying that will never happen and giving reasons why IS ON TOPIC. Julius saying "not.gonna.happen: is on topic. People posting it won't work because alot of people already have those 2 figures is again "on topic". Those are not negative comments they are realistic ones based on what we know.

I personally could careless when he "asks" people to not be negative. If I have an opinion on something I will express it if I want too. I don't feel that is rude and it isn't anything personal against Disneyboy. i personally would buy that pack as I do not have a Volcana, I'd like Granny AND I sold my Aquaman for like $90 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .

if he just wants a headcount and no discussion than why not just create a poll?

Thank you. It absolutely is on topic for me to say, "I love that pack, I'd buy it, but it probably won't ever get made. Just as a suggestion here's one that might." And for Disney or anyone else to say we shouldn't post that because this is feelgoodhappyJLUdon'tharshmymellowland too bad. As Ian said, make a poll. Course, I'd have posted the same things there too. :twisted:

If I were crapping all over the idea, that'd be one thing. My issue was with the thought that I shouldn't have posted at all. And the thought that it's off topic just because it's a counter suggestion? Poppycock. POPPYCOCK I SAY!

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:44 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Fone Bone wrote:
I wasn't originally going to post in this thread for reasons I won't get into but seeing all of the negativity makes me think I have to.

Me and DisneyBoy go way back. We don't always agree on everything (I am not going to be involved in this particular campaign) but we've always been friendly and he's a good guy. I think the way he has been treated in this thread is appalling.

First off, you "do not have the right to post whatever you want whereever you want to" on AFI. It's right in the site rules that posters must stay on topic. In the very first post DisneyBoy laid out what was on topic in the thread and what wasn't. People veering off into tangents related to the unlikelyhood of whether or not this was possible was off-topic. DisneyBoy asked for a head count and that's it. He was even kind enough to invite people who think this particular campaign is a waste of time to post their own thread to bash the campaign. I completely understand where his frustration is coming from.

DisneyBoy, have you considered joining the "Save The JLU" Facebook page? A headcount is a very good start but once you have that you need some way to get the campaign organized. I wish you the best of luck because I know how difficult campaigns campaigns can be. You have taken on a big task but I'm confident you are up to it. Good luck!

Save the JLU served it's purpose already. We put up a fight and we got the figures we were missing. Trying to get more at that point is not going to work.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:07 pm 
my tummy itches

Alot of strong thoughts have been posted. One. Save the JLU is done and has served it's purpose. If you want, start a new page on Facebook. Second. I like fone bone. He's a great guy. We shouldn't be negative. But.... Freedom of speech. When it's necessary. I want this pack. But we have to wait. So we all have good points. But JLU does bring us together. Look at our long chats. We all " agree ". So there. Any haters don't comment.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:52 pm 
Resin

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

-The Dude (The Big Lebowski 1998)

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:00 pm 
my tummy itches

Well then. As I have been here with joining late of last year I haven't had any problems with foul people. But good people that I did not know were good people were acting foul to me when I didn't even know about save the JLU ( get that ) and people were hissing. Actually a few close friends. But disneyboy. He is not new like I was. He knows what is going on and still posted this thread Regardless of what people say. Now saying something will not happen is Not negative. It's just the persons opinion. Now being negative is saying " you are so stupid to think that would ever happen ". That's negative. Now just be nice and don't ruin a good dream. Of cOurse it wont happen. Today or tomorrow. My point is that JLU could go on. And disneyboy is giving a KIND suggestion on what to do. Remember, this is not the He-man forum. If thy wants drama go there. I like everyone. Even backward galaxy and he was my first rough edge. But I accept him now and I do the same. If you dont like someone, do not comment on their response. Hope that cleared all up. And since this was a special comment - kalibak AKA Michael :mrgreen: :twisted:

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:19 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

*Sigh*
It's too bad the thread turned into... "this"
Not that everybody hasn't made some good points about "constructive suggestions vs negativity".
It just seems we've spent more time debating that and everything else besides the original subject matter.

Anyhow I'd like a Granny Goodness figure Mattel if there is ever a way to give us one. If not, oh well, the line was great regardless. I'll just leave it at that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next