Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Farewell DCUC...we barely knew ye...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:13 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

:cry:

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject: Re: Farewell DCUC...we barely knew ye...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:22 pm 
Collector Inspector

I can't even look at all that. Especially Elasti-Girl and The Metal Men. A subscription is a hard bitter pill to swallow to finish those teams... I don't know if I can do it.

It was fun while it lasted. I started buying DCUC around Wave 9 and went back and got all the figures from Waves 1-8 through trades and ebay and refresher cases. I'll be hunting for Waves 19 and 20. I like those waves a good deal. I probably won't preorder the waves. It's just getting too expensive. But I'll be glad to be done with the hunting. It's a love/hate relationship. Mostly hate.

Don't know about the subscription though. I need to get to ponderin' about that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:28 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

While I don't think we'll end up getting all of those, I bet that list will be shorter next year if the sub goes through.

If not, well . . . that'll be a disappointment.

Still, 20 waves, plus all the extra figures we've gotten through 5-packs, 2-packs, online, etc. is a pretty nice run. And you never know what the replacement 6 inch line will bring. :wink:

I'm not throwing in the towel yet.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:45 pm 
Resin

Dammit Superfly, I really think I'm about to cry after looking at that

You even included the guys I really wanted like BOTH of Kyle Rayner's looks, hook Aquaman, Wally and Prometheus :cry:

Last edited by BeeDub on Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:47 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Wow, even with all the ones you left off you forgot Vixen, Mera & Geoforce just off the top of my head. Ouch.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:52 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Combined with the whole new DCU thing-- maybe Mattel was smart enough (yeah right)-- to realize there will be some fan backlasj and not want these new figures..This was probably based on the fact that stores never got any stock in (I mean I am just now seeing the Bane wave regularly- and thats only at Target), the fact that every store got burned on the GL Movie Masters Fiasco and the fact that Hasbro announced Marvel legends were coming back.
And when individual stores start getting more of those in-- than whole states were of DCUC, they probably figured they could blame their crappy production and supply chain management on anyone but themselves.. Rather go out than have to admit any wrongdoing..

Or this is just a stunt to sell subscriptions and then once everyones committed- they announce what they reall meant by no more figures at retail..

Also the fact that DC Direct has their new DCU figures to show-- and Mattel has nothing- also shows me that whole "parternship" that they had with Warner Brothers was once again lip service and a way to try and explain things away..

I pick and choose this line anyway-- just means Mattel is going to pocket more- since they are eliminating the CNC piece and charging the same or more per figure in their new club.. And at least since most of the characters I want are in the Batman family-they have the highest chance of still seeing retail..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:52 pm 

Shellhead wrote:
While I don't think we'll end up getting all of those, I bet that list will be shorter next year if the sub goes through.

I hate the be the pissed off doomsayer, but the (potential) Sub makes only 14 figures a year - and we've already seen 3 of them - so at this time next year, you'll be seeing this same HUGE list of unproduced characters. Meanwhile, we still get to play with our useless Sinestro Corps Batman and Sapphire Deputy Wonder Woman.

What a FUC%&ING JOKE.

This decision is nothing but greed on the part of Mattel - if fans are willing to pay $15, why not $20? If they're willing to pay $20, why not put them online only and make them pay $30? Hey, it works with those MOTUC suckers, right? Now WB can heavily push the Xtremely kewl DCnU figures on the "target audience" but still throw some pity scraps to the oldskool DC fanboys. Sound familiar, DC comic readers?

I guessed the Beginning of the End here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20561 and unfortunately it looks like I'm right. Meanwhile, many will claim DCUC was the "greatest DC line EVAH!" and we're still missing key parts of the DCU.

But just like JLU, this is our fault, right? We didn't buy enough, or didn't complain to retailers enough, or support the line enough, right? This is a sad day for us silly, nostalgic, inconsequential toynerds. I guess we all need to quit livin' in the past and jump on the DCnU bandwagon.

Screw you, Mattel. You let corporate greed kill teh lien.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:13 pm 

texgnome1 wrote:
Wow, even with all the ones you left off you forgot Vixen, Mera & Geoforce just off the top of my head. Ouch.

I know. I added them. Unfortunately, the above list is just off the top of my head, too. :? :( :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:26 pm 
Aspires to be #1

A LOT of figures look bad in the DCUC line now MC.com seems to be the way to get the figures we actually want.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:28 pm 
Collector Inspector

Yeah, seriously, the real tragedy is that for the uncompleted teams, i.e. doom patrol and metal men, if we dont get the rest of those guys, we might as well have wasted our flooving money on the ones we did get. i'm not saying we need copper and dorothy spinner, but really, not even a hint that rita, tina, tin and lead are coming. let alone caulder and magnus. i'm with you, superfly, flimmerflog this. it makes me seriously doubt buying anything at all if there arent going to be finished teams they already started. who wants HALF the flooving metal men!?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:30 pm 
Collector Inspector

and you know what, too? flimmerflog dc and their g****m reboot. kids dont buy dcu figures. sad ass adults like me do. and i dont want metrosexual superman and forever twenty-wonderwoman. this is all terrible timing on what would have been an amazing line of toys had the suits not screwed it up.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:37 pm 
categorically opposed

http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 4ebab5fd1e

DCUC will still be around at retail under a new name. It will be a mix of new and classic. Don't abandon Geo-Force or Vixen just yet. October and NYCC come around quick.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:41 pm 
Fugitive Dust

I know I'll be the only one who would get him but you forgot Vibe as well. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:41 pm 
ABS

Well, that sounds good. It's looks like I was about to jump the gun with everyone else.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:42 pm 
Tis' but a pup

I don't even follow the line anymore, but this makes me sad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next