Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Am I the only adult male on here... (Monster High thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:23 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Nice!

They are addictive, aren't they?...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:46 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

They really are.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:19 am 
5th Horseman

turnbolt wrote:
My pal Ted who started this thread got my girl and me into MH.

They have taken over.

Don't you DARE blame that on me! It was only a matter of time! :-D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:43 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

It is all your fault. You and that damn skeleton create-a-monster set.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:04 am 
Loose, Missing Package

A couple of weeks ago I found some knock-off jigsaw puzzles at Dollar Tree. These images are from Amazon sellers which have the puzzles at $4-$10 each (gotta say I much prefer Dollar Tree's price), was wondering if any of you might have seen other merchadise featuring the "Fashion Monsters" floating around. I like the character designs a lot and I'm going to work on some customs based on them.

Emma Stitch

Alucarda Vein

Pyra Mids

Canina Fang

Last edited by Jim_Abell on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Edited to use clickable thumbnails instead of the full-size images

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:48 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

The Roadster with Draculaura has started showing up. There are a few on eBay right now and there's a good shot of the doll over at MonsterHighDolls.com...

http://www.monsterhighdolls.com/photo/draculaura-her-roadster?context=latest

Worst I can say is that I'm not feeling the shoes. Personally I think that the insect/Scarah shoes or one with ankle straps would have been better, but if that's the worst I can say... :wink:

Sure, the doll could be plussed up and all, but for $15 more than the car by itself I don't think we could expect much more, right, especially at JCP's prices.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:52 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Picked up the movie this morning. A lot of fun though I do think the writer(s) borrowed a bit too much from a certain Patrick Swayze movie. Be aware that Walmart has it with an extra disc that has 15 season one episodes included but the stores are also selling the regular version as well for the same price. Look for a small square sticker with a blue border on the outer slipcover that says the extra shorts are included to make sure that you're getting the bonus disc if buying there. There's a short preview at the beginning of the disc for a spring release that is a "double feature" of "Why Do Ghouls Fall in Love" and "Friday Night Frights" (a full trailer for FNF has shown up on YouTube, just do a search and you'll find it.

Ya know, after watching the movie I'm really surprised that Claire didn't get a doll...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:23 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Just a head's up for anyone looking to add a little atmosphere to their displays. Walmart (and I'm sure the other retailers as well) have these "iron" fence pieces in the Halloween aisles right now. My best friend and her daughter took some great pics showing off how well they work with the MH dolls, thought you guys might want to take a look...

Image_Image_Image

Image_Image_Image_Image

Image_Image_Image

Image_Image_Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:18 am 
Loose, Missing Package

There was a post over at the .org about some interesting knock-off dolls showing up at Family Dollar -- Midnight Magic.

I went out yesterday to see if they'd been stocked locally and I did find them... The dolls are packed eight to a display tray (two of each doll) and are on the modular paperwork for FD so they should be available at least through the holidays. The local store had one tray in the modular spot and another on the high shelves near the register. After the huge sub and day-of bills I had with Matty this month I only had enough to grab one, so I went with the brightest, Mila... (click the thumbs for the big images)

I apologize for the quality of some of the pics, the flash and focus wanted to do their own thing... The box looks nice from the front, but there's little more than text to the rest of it. The rear has the back story for the line, the right side has a short charactar bio and the left side (which I forgot to take a pic of...) just has the Midnight Magic logo on it. Since it's a little tough to make out in the photo above, the girls are named Kayley (purple), Mila (blue), Adele (pink) and Pippa (gray). I kind of hope that the line sells well for Family Dollar and we get more color variations or that stores like Dollar General get their own batch of girls in different colors (orange, green, yellow, red... any of those would be nice). The manufacturer is listed as Lovely Patsy of Hong Kong. I've never seen that name before but I don't normally check the knock-off fashion dolls either... I find it interesting that the line's logo features four test tubes of different colored liquid and each one matches the skin color of one of the girls except orange which would be to Pippa's gray (really think she would've looked better in orange even thought the gray is close to the weretwins gray). The backside of the inner tray (which I also forgot to take a pic of) has a code for an online game that's accessible on their website after purchasing all four dolls (I haven't tried it, yet, but the codes seem rather easy to figure out since they're already in a drop-down menu). The doll is held in place by a twist-tie around each ankle and a plastic insert behind the shoulders that feeds through the cardboard.

The doll seems to be very well made considering the price-point though the boots and clothes are a bit on the "cheap" side. The boots are thin, blow-mold plastic (like vintage Mego boots) and the toes do get caught easily in the "folds" when putting them on (and, yes, they do fit on Monster High). As you can see in the photo, the doll is quite taller than the normal girls and almost as tall as the boys (actually, she would be taller if the head was proportionate to MH heads). I do have Nefera but she's in storage at the moment so I don't have her available to do a direct comparison. I haven't opened her, either, so I can't even make a guess as to if they're close in size or not. The hair is very long, you can see the strand of purple that I accidentally straightened taking her out of the package, pulling it completely straight and it's about three inches below the soles of her boots.

Construction-wise the doll has a ball socket head (didn't try to remove it), ball socket shoulders, elbows and wrists, slight ball socket movement in the hips and internal "clicky" knees (like Barbie) that move one click forward and two clicks back. I did try to remove the hands and lower arms (which are reversed - at least on this doll - wonder if they're made in the same factory as MOTUC?) but they didn't budge so I stopped trying, didn't want to break them. The hands do not have sculpted nails and the toes are lacking much form or detail. The torso has the molded-on panties with raised hearts and the lower back has the Midnight Magic logo as a "tramp stamp" with the Family Dollar name and a numeric code between the shoulders. While the hair is of the rather cheap variety that you would expect on a doll like this, the body is very sturdy and feels like a big-name product outside of some plastic flash here and there. Even the deco work on the face is much better than to be expected. The biggest complaint that I have with the doll outside of the very cheap boots and clothing is that the arms and legs (even though they're made from completely different types of plastic) both have this weird sepia tinge to the color. That's the best way I can describe it, but I'm not sure it's a completely accurate way to say it...

(BTW, am I the only one still reading these?...)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:47 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Abbey's first deadcast has been posted over at Walmart.com...

http://see.walmart.com/monsterhigh/

Enter GHOULS RULE in the code box to open the player and a transcript of the deadcast -- all about Halloween (or "rrrgk" - third r is silent) in the old village.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:28 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Two new CAM add-on sets have leaked -- Mermaid and Harpy.

Follow the link to the .org if you want to see pics... http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/sho ... gh/page105

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:44 am 
5th Horseman

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

MUST. HAVE!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:42 pm 
shirtless hugger

I saw some Monster High figures at Burlington Coat Factory on Sunday from the Dead Tired and Roller Maze lines for $12.99 each.

Because they were stacked in displays made by Mattel, I'm guessing the offering is not so much a closeout as it is a way for Mattel to get some lower-cost dolls in stores for the holidays.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:02 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

If anyone has been holding off on Rochelle, Venus and/or Robecca in the basic line now is the time to buy. I found two of the
"Picture Day" dolls at Target today and checked the assortment number -- "Picture Day" is the first wave of the basic assortment for next year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:24 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I love that I stumbled upon this thread. I thought I was the only one. The $100 I just dropped on Gil Weber doesn't make me feel so bizarre anymore! :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next