Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Am I the only adult male on here...
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:17 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Oooo... Hadn't even thought about them as Happy Meal toys... now I want those because the Barbies done for McD's are pretty much action figures with rooted hair. (the thought of Draculaura and her aversion to blood/meat packed in a Happy Meal just makes the whole thing even more surreal)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:56 am 
We're going streaking!

You can tell the line is doing well because of all the bigger ticket accessories and playsets that are out and coming out in the future.

My daughter has three of the four beds to go along with the 'Dead Tired' dolls she has; she also has Draculaura's car, which if I was a customizer, I would turn into a Batmobile!

There is Cleo's Vanity and the 'coming soon' sets, including the Coffin Bean playset w/ Clawdeen, Ghoulia's Scooter, Draculaura's Powder Room Accessory and the Monster High School playset. The custom schools out there put this to shame, but getting a big playset like that is impressive for the line. I remember when it was basically just the dolls and then the two beds (Draculaura's coffin and Frankie Stein's Table) that doubled as usable items for kids (jewelry box and mirror, respectively).

The store exclusives are troublesome. If it was not for PJ, my daughter would not have the Werecat Twins and if I didn't decided to go out of my way to the only Target that had the Howleen set, she would not have her either. I have never seen the Werecats on the shelf and I only saw the Howleen Set that one time. I hope that's not the norm for future store exclusives.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:56 pm 
my tummy itches

How are you all so knowledgeable about this?

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:54 pm 
We're going streaking!

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:

I'm at the point that I actively look for Monster High when I am on-line looking for my stuff, whether it's just browsing stores and eBay, or finding the information when it comes out during Toy Fair.

When I find something new, I call my daughter in to look and just watch her eyes get big like mine used to during the heyday of Marvel Legends and DCUC :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:31 pm 
5th Horseman

Yay!!! I'm so glad there are guys in here that dig this too! I'm still looking for a Basic Holt, Lagoona, Spectra and Clawdeen if anyone has a hit lemme know!

I haven't been this into a new IP since, oh yeah, since Skylanders. But that's a different thread! LOL

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:51 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:

They're fun to follow. Go over to http://www.monsterhigh.com and read through some of the character bios and such and watch a few webisodes (not the greatest cartoons, but they're short and fun) and you'll get the idea why we're hooked (if you don't get hooked yourself). The toys are pretty impressive, too, at least the thought and design work that goes into them. There are so many little details in the clothing and accessories that you'll miss if you don't give them a good once over. For example, the basic assortment Operetta (the daughter of the Phantom of the Opera) is themed to rockabilly style. She's got high-heeled saddle oxfords with a treble clef for one heel and a bass clef for the other. The scar on her face is a music based design with a heart shaped eighth-note mask that hides part of it. Her pet is a spider named Daddy O'Long-Legs.

The themed assortments have a lot of nice little touches, too. In the Dead Tired (sleep over) assortment, Cleo (the mummy) comes with a nightlight because she's afraid of the dark (centuries locked in her sarcophagus) and in the Gloom Beach dolls Clawdeen (the werewolf) comes with a frisbee that has teeth marks in it and Draculaura (the vampire) has a bottle of SPF 500 sun block.

The dolls are apparently a huge hit world-wide, I stumbled across this video this morning... Apparently big in Poland...

...the English version for those interested... (anyone know how many languages this was recorded in?...)

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:23 pm 
We're going streaking!

AnimatedTed, would you mind changing the name of this thread to, "Monster High Discussion," or something to better reflect the discussion here? Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:39 pm 
Knows his stuff

CHRISTMAS EXCLUSIVES

Draculaura in her Coffin Bean outfit with coffee bean set - COSTCO

Clawdeen and Operetta in/with their fashion packs - Kohl's.

New Dead Tired dolls: available online only - Kmart.

Roller Maze Abbey - only with Ghoulia in a 2-pack - Kmart.

Skull Shores 5 pack - Comes with Clawdeen, Cleo, and a colored version of Frankie. - Target

3 more Dot Dead Gorgeous dolls - Abbey, Ghoulia, and Draculaura - Wal*Mart.

Draculaura with her Roadster and w/Driving goggles - JC Penny.

Scary Tales dolls - Target

Good luck finding them.

Regards,

geoffdude

Post subject: Re: Am I the only adult male on here... (Monster High thread
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:44 pm 
We're going streaking!

Wow, that's a lot of exclusives! As long as there aren't any new characters, they shouldn't be too hard to find. The Coffin Bean set sounds rather intriqing, but I don't think we have a Costco's any closer than Canada.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:48 pm 
5th Horseman

I found the new Create-A-Monster boy set (Gargoyle/Vampire) today! And guess what it comes with enough parts to make 2 Dolls!!!! The one thing I was bummed about with thd first wave was only one torso came in the set! It looks like the new girl set (Witch/WereCat) also comes with 2 torsos. YAY! Theres also a Puma (boy) and Ghost (girl) expansion set revealed on the back, and some sort of machine that you press actual features onto blank faces. This just gets better!

The thought if Happy Meal toys blows my mind. The McD's near me is so nice, they gave me the Brave and the Bold display with all the figures in it. Hopefully if they do Happy Meals I can pull the same favor!

And I'm glad I held off on that Coffin Bean set on eBay, the one at Costco comes with an exclusive Draculara in her coffin bean uniform.

I just wish the entertainment was better- more available.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:52 pm 
Variant Head

My girlfriend loves these dolls,they are pretty to find. They tend to sell out insanely quick. I tend to buy extras if I run accross them to trade. I got a couple MOC MOTUC I needed for the 2 extra CA Cupids I had. I still have more spre Cupid and Werecats pack if anybody has the final JLU 7 pack or spares of the JLU Con 3 packs I would totally trade. I may have a spare black and white Frankie would have to look. So far my girls favorites are Cupid and Operetta the first wave of them she just grabbed them when ever but once Spectra and Abbey started hitting it was like my old JLU days all over again! I mean for real Spectra was soooo hard to find and then one day clothes shopping boom she was at Kohls. It seems lately only the major 3 are carrying them around me TRU,Target and WM.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:12 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Yeah I got ahold of the Werecats twins today at TRU.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:12 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Found out something interesting yesterday, the new Create-A-Monster starter packs now include two torsos (in colors matching each set of limbs/heads). There's still only one wig and pair of shoes included but that should certainly make the packs a lot more "kid friendly" than just being able to build one doll at a time with all of those parts like the first two starters.

I can't 100% confirm it, but from listings at BBTS and EE it looks like the original four dolls are being re-issued within the next couple of months. Both sites have stopped pre-orders but hopefully the brick-n-mortars will get enough in to satisfy the demand of late-comers without clogging the pipeline.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:55 pm 
5th Horseman

I can confirm it, both the gargoyle/vampire boy pack and the witch/cat girl packs that I got this weekend have TWO torsos! I did a happy dance all the way to the register! I haven't seen the new Ghost/Puma expansions yet, but these things are amaaaaaaaaazing.

I'm allllllmost all caught up with the basics, and I even splurged and got the Hydration chamber and some of the other Dead Tired dolls breaking my own rules.

No word yet on what the Comic Con exclusive is. I hope it's Headmistress Bloodgood, since she came in third in the fan poll. I figure Sarah Screams and Arachne will sell just fine at retail. This may be the only way to get the Headmistress.

I'm obsessed with this line. Can you tell? LOL. This has filled the JLU void in me!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:02 am 
Loose, Missing Package

D'oh! Missed your post about the double torsos, Ted! I've only got two so far (I've been grabbing them for my best friend and my "nieces"), hopefully I can grab a few of the "older" ones before the new assortments take over stores.

I have a feeling that the SDCC exclusive is going to end up being Invisi Billy (ie: empty box), hope I'm wrong or that there will actually be a doll in there and the April 1st pics were a joke in that sense but that box just looks far too poilished for a one-off joke... Maybe there'll be another item if "Billy" is one of them...

BTW, back the the head sculpt question, found this thread at http://www.monsterhighdolls.com that shows most of them without paint... http://www.monsterhighdolls.com/forum/t ... -head-pics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next