Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Am I the only adult male on here... (Monster High thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:37 pm 
The Last Word

Some new images from Toy Fair here.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:09 am 
BANNED, for I am scammer Matt Mason

My Walmart they just got a bunch of new characters,got my daughter Eoneyswamp,Elisabat ,Claudia Wolf,Claude 2-pack,Jane Boo little and a couple others. She loves this line. Went looking for those Total Heroes and found them. Still can't find those.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:13 pm 
Cold-cast

Picked up Slo Mo today at TRU. Only 1 per case and they received one case on their truck today. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:14 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Was in Family Dollar today and noticed that they're carrying the Ghoul Spirit line so that's another place to check for SloMo (though $16 is their price point).

My latest acquisition... one of my favorite backgrounders...

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:22 pm 
Cold-cast

Very cool. Who is it, and where did you get it?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:42 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

He's an unnamed backgrounder. It's not clear whether that fish has eaten his head or if his head just looks like a fish has eaten it. He can be seen in the following webisodes/specials according to the Monster High wiki (he's listed near the bottom of the page):

Fear Pressure
Hiss-teria
The Bermuda Love Triangle
Fright On!
Hickmayleeun
No Place Like Nome
Why Do Ghouls Fall in Love?
Unearthed Day
Creepfast Club

The doll is a vampire boy create-a-monster with (mostly) Heath's clothing and a 3D printed head from Shapeways by Tyler Jones.

Sandstone is the cheapest option and the only way to get it in color (that wasn't painted, the color was printed into it) *BUT* it is very heavy and very fragile/brittle. It's very tough to get the head on as it is a very tight fit over the neck ball and the head is loose once it is on (and probably can't be removed again). If you get one, you might try putting a small O-ring on the neck and pushing it up under the head once it's in place, that *might* give you the support that the head really needs (I would try it myself, but I'm afraid that the head won't come off and I already snapped the right fin putting it on, nothing super glue wouldn't fix, though). My biggest worry now is that he's going to take a good tumble since he's so top heavy and snap off more fins. If you don't mind painting one, the white strong and flexible material might be a better choice. I got an action figure kit in the same order made out of the white material and it seems like it would hold up much better, I may reorder and replace at some point. Right now I'm just glad to have one of my favorite backgrounders in doll form. Now I'm thinking about how to make Ricky (the gorilla looking kid with ice blocks on his head, hands and feet)- I think that Hasbro's 12" Hulk figure might make a good base for him...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:08 am 
The Last Word

Found two Slo Mo dolls, one for each of us, at Walmart two weeks ago. My girlfriend has been wanting him since he first debuted in the webisodes, as Ghoulia is her favorite character, and it was just in time for her birthday. :mrgreen:

Just waiting for the Toy Fair reveals to show up now, although I'm looking out for a decent deal on a Nefera in the meantime.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:56 am 
We're going streaking!

I found a Slo Mo at Walmart last night. My daughter is no longer collecting these ( I think she has finally outgrown toys :( ), but I can't help but grab for her some of the old timers finally being released.

TRU has a Jackson & Frankie Picnic Casket set Is it a TRU exclusive? They had a bunch of them!

Oh, and Walmart has a Deuce Alive! doll too.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:20 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Yeah, Picnic Casket set is exclusive to TRU. The Ghouls Alive Deuce (and Toralei) aren't supposed to be exclusives (a Robecca with opening chest is coming later) but I've only heard of them being found at Walmart and that Deuce is the coolest of the GA dolls (for those who don't know, press the button, his snakes fall in line, he raises his hand to lift his glasses and his eyes light up and he makes the turn-to-stone sound).

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:43 am 
The Last Word

Found a case of the new Creepateria assortment at Target on Saturday and bought the Draculaura. My girlfriend also got me the Dawn of the Dance Draculaura for my birthday, so I'm one step closer to being completely caught up with what had already been released when I started my collection.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:15 pm 
Collector Inspector

So I am looking at the Monster High article picture on the front page...

Why is the chick dating a horse/camel- thing guy?
Just looking at that makes me wonder if these dolls have crossed some sort of line.
I guess that is why its an SDCC exclusive.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:21 am 
Loose, Missing Package

DrGreenEvil wrote:

Just looking at that makes me wonder if these dolls have crossed some sort of line.

He's a minotaur (Manny Taur...mind you, he has a yet-unseen sister named 'Minnie') and she's a Cyclops (Iris Clops)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:39 am 
The Last Word

DrGreenEvil wrote:

Monsters dating outside "their own" has been employed by the property as a metaphor for interracial relationships for several years, most notably Draculaura (vampire) and Clawd (werewolf). That couple has been sold in two-packs together twice at retail, and this is no different.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:07 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Was surprised to find the Freaky Fusion Hybrids at TRU today along with the Zombie Shake 2-packs, really expected both assortments to be "fall" items. And the Creepateria dolls are out at Target, too.

Speaking of the inter-monster relationships, I really have to wonder what they were thinking with Neighthan Rot. Child of a zombie father and a unicorn mother?... I don't even want to know how that happened...

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:22 pm 
Cold-cast

Morning everyone..........my daughter asked me to take pictures & post her collection here with everyone. She looks over my shoulder now & then when I read this forum to see what's coming out soon. Thx for keeping us informed/updated !!!

Here is her collection of MH

Head Mistress's Office.....

Cafeteria.....

Classroom.....

Gym.....

........accessories

My daughter would love to hear what you think of her collection.........thx for taking a look

D's

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next