Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: DC Universe Classics,DC Icons mixing and matching
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:52 am 
Tis' but a pup

So I know DC Icons has gotten a mixed reaction but I am loving the line. They go great with some of the DCUC figures. My question is are you guys doing the same and I would love to see any pics. Special request for anyone with the first DCSH Doomsday with icons Superman If you could snap a pic that would be very helpful.

Post subject: Re: DC Universe Classics,DC Icons mixing and matching
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:11 am 
active in the community

They lied when they said they were 6" Scale(icons). They are a good Half inch shorter than the DCUC Figures. I Collect the DCUC Line and have a lot of them so The Icons just dont fit in with my DCUC Figures. The only one that may work with them are the BAFs or maybe the Atom Figure because he can change his height. But IMO there are way too few to mix and match. If you are just starting to collect then they are Great. I dont want to start over with Icons.

Post subject: Re: DC Universe Classics,DC Icons mixing and matching
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:48 am 
Former King of Posts

I have mixed DC Direct and DC Universe Classics since the beginning. Basically because, as Lord DC said above, I was not willing to start over. But I do love using additional lines to fill in missing characters or characters I could not get for a reasonable price at the time.

As for Icons, the recent offerings from DC Collectibles are just too expensive for my tastes. I have picked up a handful at a discount on sale, but the number of DC I've picked up since Flashpoint (2011) have been few and far between.

The other problem is that the few characters I would have bought have either worn multiple costumes and I would prefer my favorite (Static) or they are packaged in a manner which makes them even more expensive (Atomica is a deluxe, packaged with smaller versions of Atom Ray Palmer and Atom Ryan Choi, which makes the purchase wayyy to expensive).

I've been much more tempted to pick up Bumble Bee from the DC Super Hero Girl line to add to my collection. As for Katana, I'm waiting for the DCSHG figure to appear before deciding whether to pick that one up or bite the bullet and spend 2x the price for the Mattel Multiverse version.