Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: DC Sub Shipment Confirmation: Jay is on his way
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:03 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:54 pm
Posts: 117
Location: D.C.
Has anyone seen those weird amounts post to their credit cards/bank accounts yet? The invoices are weird, but I would wait until that money is actually taken out, or at least authorized/pending, before assuming there's a real problem.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DC Sub Shipment Confirmation: Jay is on his way
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:08 am 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8276
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
I can beat everyone so far:

Qty Ordered 2

Qty Shipped 2

Total Qty Shipped 2

Amount $30.00

Shipping: $10.55

Total: $100.55

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:

WTF Matty.

Seriously, WTF.

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DC Sub Shipment Confirmation: Jay is on his way
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:12 am 
User avatar
my tummy itches
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 498
I've long passed being surprised by ANYTHING Mattel does these days.

It's been year after year of just wow.. from them.

Thank the almighty they don't build houses. :shock: :roll:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DC Sub Shipment Confirmation: Jay is on his way
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:19 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:54 pm
Posts: 117
Location: D.C.
Shellhead wrote:
I can beat everyone so far:

Qty Ordered 2

Qty Shipped 2

Total Qty Shipped 2

Amount $30.00

Shipping: $10.55

Total: $100.55

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:

WTF Matty.

Seriously, WTF.


Add in $60 (charged months ago, or charged again...time will tell about that second part) for two Metrons and it adds up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DC Sub Shipment Confirmation: Jay is on his way
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:25 am 
User avatar
my apartment smells of rich mahogany
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1697
Location: PACNW
:lol: Glad to know I'm not alone on this one. My total was $58.70 when it should have been $23.70. Have to wonder if it was strategic on their part to do this when they are clearly out of the office until Monday :roll: Say what you will about Hasbro, but they've got things down to a science on their online store. Maybe because they do it all themselves(?) internally and not through a outside source.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DC Sub Shipment Confirmation: Jay is on his way
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:36 am 
User avatar
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3455
But no one is actually getting charged the totals in the emails right? The email total includes what you paid when you signed up, and what you need to pay now. Right? It's still a stupid email, but no one is getting over-billed, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DC Sub Shipment Confirmation: Jay is on his way
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:39 am 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8276
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
That is the question.

I guess we'll find out soon.

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DC Sub Shipment Confirmation: Jay is on his way
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:41 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:54 pm
Posts: 117
Location: D.C.
I'm pretty convinced it's just some kind of an accounting thing that probably shouldn't be on the invoice. Total so far, so to speak. That stuff happens. Hell, I just got a doctor's bill last week with charges from back in 2010 included in a tally with my current charges. I wasn't being charged for the 2010 visit again, but it threw me for a loop until I got to talk to someone at billing to actually confirm that...and of course, she of course couldn't tell me why the 2010 stuff was on that bill.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DC Sub Shipment Confirmation: Jay is on his way
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:48 am 
User avatar
my tummy itches
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 498
Every call/email into Customer Service has a cost associated with it (maybe directly or indirectly).

If the charges sent to us are only in "summary", well OK, but there is no clear indication of that.

If that's the case then Mattel needs to at least spend some time looking over their communication efforts (copy points) with customers towards billing.

I can't imagine this is a situation they want to deal with each month for every figure shipped out. :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DC Sub Shipment Confirmation: Jay is on his way
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:53 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:54 pm
Posts: 117
Location: D.C.
geoffdude wrote:
Every call/email into Customer Service has a cost associated with it (maybe directly or indirectly).

If the charges sent to us are only in "summary", well OK, but there is no clear indication of that.

If that's the case then Mattel needs to at least spend some time looking over their communication efforts (copy points) with customers towards billing.

I can't imagine this is a situation they want to deal with for each monthly figure shipped out. :shock:


There's no clear indication of anything. That's why it's best to wait to see what happens with the actual money itself (credit card or bank account or whatever). But, yeah, Matty/DR needs to fix that damn invoice for next month so it doesn't also include the amount charged for Jay, as well as Atrocitus and Metron (should just be shipping in his case).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DC Sub Shipment Confirmation: Jay is on his way
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:28 am 
User avatar
my tummy itches
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 498
S. Griffin wrote:

There's no clear indication of anything. That's why it's best to wait to see what happens with the actual money itself (credit card or bank account or whatever). But, yeah, Matty/DR needs to fix that damn invoice for next month so it doesn't also include the amount charged for Jay, as well as Atrocitus and Metron (should just be shipping in his case).


My point was, Mattel as a Company, should have the goal of NOT wanting people to contact them on complaints for emails they sent out to communicate with us.. ever. It cost them (I would think) for each call, or email, they receive and have to deal with.

With that as a goal... the itemized bill "should" be 100% clear and to the point... thus managing the need for complaint calls; at least about their billing invoice-emails to us.

Most people are not going to wait if they get a bill/invoice that is wrong or unclear. :roll: Most will call, and or email, to find out what's going on.

*Have a copy writer set down, look over the automated billing text, look at the summary costs from a test run, make the needed changes to craft a clear message... and deploy the email blasts. It's easy for most companies.

Regards,

geoffdude


Last edited by geoffdude on Sat May 19, 2012 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DC Sub Shipment Confirmation: Jay is on his way
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:40 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:54 pm
Posts: 117
Location: D.C.
geoffdude wrote:
S. Griffin wrote:

There's no clear indication of anything. That's why it's best to wait to see what happens with the actual money itself (credit card or bank account or whatever). But, yeah, Matty/DR needs to fix that damn invoice for next month so it doesn't also include the amount charged for Jay, as well as Atrocitus and Metron (should just be shipping in his case).


My point was, Mattel as a Company, should have the goal of NOT wanting people to contact them on complaints for emails they sent out to communicate with us.. ever. It cost them (I would think) for each call, or email, they receive and have to deal with.

With that as a goal... the itemized bill "should" be 100% clear and to the point... thus managing the need for complaint calls, at least, about their billing invoice-emails to us.

Most people are not going to wait if they get a bill/invoice that is wrong or unclear. :roll: Most will call, and or email, to find out what's going on.

*Have a copy writer set down, look over the automated billing text, look at the summary costs from a test run, make the needed changes to craft a clear message... and deploy the email blasts. It's easy for most companies.

Regards,

geoffdude

And I agreed. Twice.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DC Sub Shipment Confirmation: Jay is on his way
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:43 am 
User avatar
Displays Backwards
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:05 am
Posts: 1187
Location: New York City
I ordered two subscriptions, but my statement doesn't match the others posted here. Maybe the extra nine dollars is tax? I live in New York City, and Fisher Price is based upstate, so I have to pay tax on my orders.


Quote:
SHIPMENT AND BILLING DETAILS

Product SKU Product Name Qty Ordered Qty Shipped Total Qty Shipped Amount
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Club Infinit Club Infinite 2 2 2 $30.00

Shipping: $10.55
Total: $109.48



I guess Mattel has to pay for those defective Stay Puft figures somehow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DC Sub Shipment Confirmation: Jay is on his way
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:52 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:54 pm
Posts: 117
Location: D.C.
Tax seems like a safe bet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DC Sub Shipment Confirmation: Jay is on his way
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:04 pm 
User avatar
We're going streaking!
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3671
Location: Western New York
The only email I have received is that my order placed on the 15th for Jay has shipped and it is in my order history. Nothing on my subscription yet, but I always seem to get my notices later than others. And considering the content of the notices, I guess I am content to wait and hopefully get a correct one.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.028s | 11 Queries | GZIP : Off ]