Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: DC Sub Shipment Confirmation: Jay is on his way
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:39 pm 
We're going streaking!

I got my email today for the shipment of my Club Jay and yep, they charged me $20. So I am paying more for my subscription Jay than my day-of Jay. As soon as the order shows up in my order history, I will be contacting DR. I am sure this will be a monthly ordeal for those of us that jumped on the sub early.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:27 pm 
my tummy itches

Location: Kegworth, just around the corner from Gotham, England
I've just followed your post on the Matty forums ;)

Running it through currency conversion now that the charge is on my card, it seems I've got $20 as well.

The problem for me is how they deal with it. Calling the States is cost prohibitive, and I get charged a fee on my credit card for every foreign currency conversion. That means if they refund the charge then apply it again (for the correct amount), then I will have three lots of charges. At around £1.50 a time, that's £4.50 or $7.

It would cost me more than if they just left me with the $20 charge.

Jo

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:00 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

From what I can tell, people are just being refunded $5, and I haven't read anything on any of the boards I frequent about people being refunded $20 and charged again for $15.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:10 pm 
my tummy itches

S. Griffin wrote:
From what I can tell, people are just being refunded $5, and I haven't read anything on any of the boards I frequent about people being refunded $20 and charged again for $15.

Ugh, this is when I know I should've stopped posting and gone to bed.

For some reason, the thought of just refunding the $5 kind of passed me by entirely.

Do you know if they are doing this automatically or do you need to call? If I need to call, it's cheaper just to take the hit and hope they sort it next time.

Jo
it's 00:20 - I'm off to bed

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:24 pm 
Brand Manager

Oddly I got charge exactly right

X2 Jay garricks @ $15 each
$10.55 shipping

$40.55 total

I myslef have had nothing but good experiences with Matty but do not oubt the horror stories.I have had freinds who have got screwed and if I was not someone who opens his figures I might have had an issue with their packing once or twice.....

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:49 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

you_will_forget wrote:
S. Griffin wrote:

Ugh, this is when I know I should've stopped posting and gone to bed.

For some reason, the thought of just refunding the $5 kind of passed me by entirely.

Do you know if they are doing this automatically or do you need to call? If I need to call, it's cheaper just to take the hit and hope they sort it next time.

Jo
it's 00:20 - I'm off to bed

It's not automatic. They're not the smart. Everybody seems to have been calling, but e-mail might be worth a try. Hint: have a link to something saying the figure costs $15 and not $20. Good luck.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:17 am 
my tummy itches

S. Griffin wrote:
It's not automatic. They're not the smart. Everybody seems to have been calling, but e-mail might be worth a try. Hint: have a link to something saying the figure costs $15 and not $20. Good luck.

I'll give it a go. My card has updated this morning to show the $ value as well at $29.55. Assuming the shipping figure on the original invoice of $9.55 is correct (seems likely), I've definitely been charged the $20.

I'll keep updating as things happen.

Thanks for the help,

Jo

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:59 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

PBateman wrote:

$10.55 shipping

$40.55 total

I myslef have had nothing but good experiences with Matty but do not oubt the horror stories.I have had freinds who have got screwed and if I was not someone who opens his figures I might have had an issue with their packing once or twice.....

Same here, I have never had a problem (aside from the invoice showing the full sub price, but not charging me).

Last summer when the GA & Space JLU 3-Packs were released, mine came with the cards all beat to hell. I called, and they just sent another order of the sets without wanting me to send the damaged cards back. I was amazed.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:12 am 
categorically opposed

Finally got my shipping notice and invoice, and I was charged $20 instead of $15. I'll be making a phone call later today, I guess.

For anyone that may need proof for those schumucks at Digital River that the figures are $15 each, here's the link to the Club Infinite Earths page on Matty.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/mat ... .233873400

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:28 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

baddasspk wrote:
PBateman wrote:

$10.55 shipping

$40.55 total

Same here, I have never had a problem (aside from the invoice showing the full sub price, but not charging me).

Last summer when the GA & Space JLU 3-Packs were released, mine came with the cards all beat to hell. I called, and they just sent another order of the sets without wanting me to send the damaged cards back. I was amazed.

I guess I spoke too soon, the recaptcha will not accept anything I type in so I can order the new WWE stuff, called CS, and the only answer they had was to try and login as me and order the product themselves, but I refused to give her my password, so they can't do anything for me....I guess they don't want my $100.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:12 am 
Aspires to be #1

MoMoney wrote:
Finally got my shipping notice and invoice, and I was charged $20 instead of $15. I'll be making a phone call later today, I guess.

For anyone that may need proof for those schumucks at Digital River that the figures are $15 each, here's the link to the Club Infinite Earths page on Matty.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/mat ... .233873400

Don't even bother with the email. I tried to contact them via email about my problem and I got a canned response about checking my invoice and that the invoice is correct.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:18 am 
categorically opposed

j1h15233 wrote:
Don't even bother with the email. I tried to contact them via email about my problem and I got a canned response about checking my invoice and that the invoice is correct.

I'm not going to email them. It's so much easier for them to dismiss you via email than it is on the phone.

I'm also having doubts that the new customer service center is actually US-based, since I know the last two times I called (once to change my address, which went smoothly, and once this past weekend to check on Jay) I've gotten someone with a horrible accent. In fact, I think it was the same person.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:50 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Just got off the phone with a very UNHELPFUL DR customer service team.

After retelling my situation to the girl who originally answered the phone 4 times, she still did not understand that there was a problem with the amount I was charged.

I laid it all out for her like this:
*I subscribed to the CIE sub at a price of $15 per figure (+tax and shipping)
*I received an invoice that shows a total of $63.40
*I understand that this invoice is not "correct" and includes figures from my initial start up cost (even though the totals still aren't right).
*If all of the above is accurate than I should be charged $15 for the figure + $8.70 s&h which equals $23.70.
*My bank shows that DR/Matty Collector charged me $31.
*I'm calling requesting a refund or a correction to the charges.
*I would also like to receive an itemized bill to show everything that I am supposed to be charged for reference for this order

Their response was amazingly scripted and not at all connected to any of the points I made except that the figures on the invoice were not correct.

At that point I started getting hot, told her it was clear she wasn't in a position to help me and asked to speak to a manager. Apparently that isn't in their script and she stammered for almost 2 full minutes before putting me on hold FOR 22 MINUTES!

A "manager" finally came on the line and was at least gracious enough to thank me for holding. She then proceeded to retell me all the same information the previous girl told me until I interrupted her and went through each of my points AGAIN. I paused at the end of each point to make sure she was following me and understanding what the problem was.

Final resolution:
"we know this is a current problem and we are assembling some people to deal with it. Your case will go to review and we will contact you in 24-144 hours to let you know what we have decided."

Totally unacceptable, which I let her know, and I was put back on hold for another 10 minutes.

Comes back to let me know that:
*Yes, we did charge you the wrong amount. (no apology was offered for that by the way)
*It will take 3-5 business days for the charges to be corrected
*We will send you another email containing your confirmation information and order #, but we can't alter any of the info in that email (so, no, I can't get an itemized invoice for my order)
*This is a known and ongoing problem and we are dealing with it (didn't say how it happened or what they are doing though and wouldn't answer my questions to try and find out)

When I told her that I wasn't happy with how this has been handled she gave me the very canned: "I'm sorry to hear that sir, what can I do to help you?" Which really just inflamed me more.

My final question was to ask if this was a one time problem or if I can look forward to having it happen each time I get a sub figure each month? Her response, "Gee, sir, I don't have that information in front of me. We can let you know though"

Yeah, Matty. This US based customer service team is all sorts of awesome. Way to go man.

I think this pretty much guarantees I'll be out of the 2013 sub...

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:03 am 
categorically opposed

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Yeah, Matty. This US based customer service team is all sorts of awesome. Way to go man.

Yeah, I'm about to call, and if it's someone foreign again, I am confident that the line about a US-based customer service center is crap.

EDIT: I just spoke to Jake, who didn't sound all that much like a Jake and took about ten minutes to put in a ticket, reading what he was typing out loud as he did it. I had to repeatedly ask for a ticket number (though I'm not sure that what he gave me is a ticket number as much as it is his birthday or something). Verdict - US-based customer service is either a lie or it's in addition to their other customer service center in Pakistan.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:22 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I'll wait a few days until the dust clears. Give them time to make refunds.

If it hasn't cleared up by this time next week, I'll brave the customer service waters. :?

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next