Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Matty Collector JLU pricing weirdness is-a-happening
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:23 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

If you head on over to Matty's site and check out the JLU stuff, you'll see some weirdness in regards to pricing and availability. The Marvel Family, er, I mean the Shazam! set is currently available for $30. All other four packs are listed at $30, save for the Doom Patrol which is also priced at $33. They are listed as 'Sold Out'. Why mark the prices up on items that are Sold Out, hmm? And why not mark up Shazam! and friends?

The Darkseid/Kalibak set is now $28, while the Parademon set is but $25. Both are sold out.

The SDCC Starro set is listed in the JLU section, and has Justice League Unlimited in the title heading. Old news, I know. But who is Matty kidding here? The Starro set has zip to do with JLU: It's Infinite Heroes with DCUC facehugger Starros for those lucky enough to buy it at SDCC in 2010. Two Mattel DC lines involved here, and neither is JLU. And it is the only 'JLU' item listed as Gone For Good.

The three con exclusive JLU three packs(Heatwave/Mirror Master/Flash, Angle Man/Killer Frost/Firestorm, and Kyle Rayner/Goldface/Evil Star) are all priced at $22 a piece. Weren't these $20 at the conventions they were sold in? Again, why jack up the price of a long ago sold out batch of items? Can some of these items be headed for 'Add To Cart' status soon? Could they be headed to SDCC?

In all of this, the upcoming JLU Mongul three pack is nowhere to be seen. It is merely listed in the 7/16 sale list.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject: Re: Matty Collector JLU pricing weirdness is-a-happening
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:33 pm 
my tummy itches

I'm not surprised that you didn't find Mongul pack on there. But that is strange. Maybe the item didn't sell during the original sale so they wanted to make up for it now??????? You never know with matty.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:30 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Who cares? None of those items can be bought anymore anyway. And Mongul won't be up there until the day of sale probably. Nothing new there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:34 pm 
ABS

Howard the Duck wrote:
If you head on over to Matty's site and check out the JLU stuff, you'll see some weirdness in regards to pricing and availability. The Marvel Family, er, I mean the Shazam! set is currently available for $30. All other four packs are listed at $30, save for the Doom Patrol which is also priced at $33. They are listed as 'Sold Out'. Why mark the prices up on items that are Sold Out, hmm? And why not mark up Shazam! and friends?

The Darkseid/Kalibak set is now $28, while the Parademon set is but $25. Both are sold out.

The three con exclusive JLU three packs(Heatwave/Mirror Master/Flash, Angle Man/Killer Frost/Firestorm, and Kyle Rayner/Goldface/Evil Star) are all priced at $22 a piece. Weren't these $20 at the conventions they were sold in? Again, why jack up the price of a long ago sold out batch of items? Can some of these items be headed for 'Add To Cart' status soon? Could they be headed to SDCC?

Howard the Duck, what you are seeing is actually the remnants of the Mad Matty March sale (and last year's November JLU sale). Remember that this year they increased all prices by 10% (Not including subscriptions). So all items sold this year saw a 10% increase even if they were previously available for a cheaper price. Both new and leftover MOTUC and Ghostbusters figures are equally $22 even though the leftovers were available for $20 last year.

During the Mad Matty March sale this year, they made the JLU Darkseid/Kalibak packs, Doom Patrol 4-pack, and the 3 convention packs available again for the sale but included the 10% price increase. So the JLU Darkseid/Kalibak pack went from $25 to $28, Doom Patrol from $30 to $33, and the convention packs from $20 to $22. All of the JLU product that was not offered for sale this year never got the price increase. That is why the Parademons and other 4-packs are still at their original prices.

As for why the Marvel Family pack is still $30 and listed as available, that is actually leftover from last November's huge JLU blowout during the November 15th sale. While every other JLU item was taken down after the November 15th sale, Digital River kept the Marvel Family up there on accident. Some people have added the Marvel Family to their day-of order sale and reported that their order got hung up because DR couldn't find the Marvel Family 4-packs. I don't know if any of them actually got the pack or if DR just eliminated that part of the order.

It is certainly possible that some or all of these items will reappear in future sales and/or Mad Matty Monday boxes (in fact, the changing of older items to 2012 prices have let the MOTUC collectors know which figures will be reissued next month before it was even announced this year). However, right now all of those items have the strange pricing because they were made available earlier this year.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:41 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Who cares? I mean really, WHO? This just strikes me as more nonsense to snipe at Mattel for (in this case at least) literally no reason. Mattel is selling these. They have the right to charge what they want and you have the right to decide if that is a fair price or not. And this is all about figures everybody here already owns anyways. I went in this thread dreading that they had raised the prices on the upcoming three-packs and I get this idiocy. I repeat, WHO CARES?

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:13 am 

Thank you, BlackCanary for the insight, info, and civility. It shows you how much I head on over to Matty these days.

If only your above example was followed by some other posters BlackCanary, then threads like this wouldn't devolve into something less than necessary or required.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:23 am 
my tummy itches

It really doesnt matter to any of us. Its not like we can purvhase them. ( most of us already have.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:02 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Howard the Duck wrote:
Thank you, BlackCanary for the insight, info, and civility. It shows you how much I head on over to Matty these days.

If only your above example was followed by some other posters BlackCanary, then threads like this wouldn't devolve into something less than necessary or required.

Maybe if you stopped posting flamebait people would be more civil. You bring these flamewars on yourself and then act all innocent when someone calls you out on it. I like you, Howard. I think you often have insightful things to say. But when it comes to Mattel and JLU you never post anything rational. And if you keep posting these kinds of threads I'm going to keep telling you to knock it off.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:09 am 
my tummy itches

yes. This will only get worse from here. Hell to us all. Im already giving the uh-oh.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:21 pm 

Fone Bone, I admit that I can be a bit...reactionary and opinionated(maybe even irrational about 1% of the time:) when it comes to JLU. Sometimes. Not in this particular case, but sometimes, yes. I really was just reporting on what I noticed over at Matty, and I thought that it would be appreciated somewhat here at AFi, the mecca of the JLU fanbase. I like you too. Just wait until I really go off on one of my tangential rants. It's bound to happen sometime :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:29 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

MOD- Locked.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]