Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Batman Unlimited Wave 1
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:22 pm 
serves the Otter

I'm just thrilled at the prospect of finally getting the Super Powers Penguin. Now if we can just get the Super Powers Superman and Wonder Woman we saw so long ago...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:14 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

shabbyblue wrote:
I'm just thrilled at the prospect of finally getting the Super Powers Penguin. Now if we can just get the Super Powers Superman and Wonder Woman we saw so long ago...

I constantly check eBay hoping she shows up! :lol: My Super Powers Superman and Batman (custom head swap) are lonely!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:01 pm 
5" Scale

Im excited to see what we got coming

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:41 pm 
my tummy itches

Wow, I really had hopes that this would be a DCAU batman style but I guess not. All we can hope is: one, the penguin is super powers coloring, two, it looks okay with DCUC, and three, the articulation won't ruin the balance of the figures and they won't need stands. It looks expensive, but I want to try it any way.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:08 am 
active in the community

I think it's pretty much a given that Penguin will be Super Powers. What else could it be?

The New 52 Batman redeco has me scratching my head. I guess they could make the grey darker/lighter, but won't the Wave 21 Batmans still be on the shelves?

The New 52 Superman re-release is even odder. They should release a jeans and t-shirt version sooner rather than later. From what I understand Action Comics has already shown him wearing three different shirts (blue, white and red) so it's a perfect figure for future repaints.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:16 am 

Actually he is. There's a dealer on eBay who has -tries not to laugh- a Pre-Order for these up for over 100 dollars. He shoes the Batman re-release which has yet to be released yet and a picture of Batgirl and Penguin. Batgirl looks like the current Batgirl figure with some minor retooling of her gloves and boots.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:20 am 
categorically opposed

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
Wow, I really had hopes that this would be a DCAU batman style but I guess not. All we can hope is: one, the penguin is super powers coloring, two, it looks okay with DCUC, and three, the articulation won't ruin the balance of the figures and they won't need stands. It looks expensive, but I want to try it any way.

We already know these things.

1.) http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vUfnuM58Qvo/T ... n+2011.jpg

2.) It's the Penguin from the first wave of DCUC with a new head, so it'll look fine.

3.) These are all part of the revamped DCUC line, so they have the same articulation as the rest of the 200+ figures that were already released on those bucks.

Holy crap, Van Statten. They don't waste any time, do they? Also of note - his listing says that there will be only ten figures for DCU and twelve for BU in 2013. Um, WHAT?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:34 am 

This guy is always crazy! He just sold John Blake with bat signal part for 50 dollars a pop. Even I passed on that one.

I can't prepay for something which... honestly... we have no clue if it will see the light of day until we see it. I don't take Mattel at their word for anything until it turns up on a peg hook!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:17 am 
my tummy itches

Wait......... Did you say pre- order? If so, that is the most ripped off thing I have ever heard of!

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:31 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Tsk.

Some people have absolutely no patience.

Buying pre-orders from some guy online on a series that hasn't officially seen the light of day yet? :roll:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:40 pm 

Shellhead wrote:
Tsk.

Some people have absolutely no patience.

Buying pre-orders from some guy online on a series that hasn't officially seen the light of day yet? :roll:

Yeah... no patience... even I wouldn't take this guy up on his offer! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:23 pm 
active in the community

That Penguin brings back some memories. I had the original AND the Batman Returns repaint that looked nothing like the movie version!

So the New 52 Batman redeco will be... shinier? Or am I completely missing something obvious?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:13 pm 
shirtless hugger

MisterMiracle wrote:
Booooooooo!!! I was hoping this was the announcement of a new post-JLU DC Animated toy line.

When people here talk about a DCU Animated line, what do you guys mean? Do you mean more figures in the JLU style, or something different?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:54 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

BCYa wrote:
When people here talk about a DCU Animated line, what do you guys mean? Do you mean more figures in the JLU style, or something different?

There were rumors that Mattel was planning a DCU Animated line. The Young Justice line failed, or otherwise ended abruptly. The GL Animated line never got off the ground, but we've seen prototypes leak, so we know Mattel at least developed a little something. JLU is over, but they obviously have a lot of molds and such. So, the thought process was that Mattel could sort of fold them all together into one line to recoup some costs, make money on the items that got developed but were never released, and appease the obvious fanbase that exists for the animated shows (however small the sale numbers may be to this group). It would also be a way to re-package all these lines to retail stores who wouldn't necessarily be sold on the individual lines alone.

I'm not sure that it ever got beyond the pure rumor stage, though. Did we ever get confirmation that this was something they seriously considered? I don't see how it could possibly work, personally. But what do I know.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:03 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Backward Galaxy wrote:
I'm not sure that it ever got beyond the pure rumor stage, though. Did we ever get confirmation that this was something they seriously considered? I don't see how it could possibly work, personally. But what do I know.

I don't think it was ever a rumor so much as it was rampant (especially here) fanboy wishing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next