Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: MOTUC Horde Prime thread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:56 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Instead of lumping Horde Prime into the MOTUC thread, wanted to make a separate discussion...

Discuss!

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject: MOTUC Horde Prime
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:30 am 
Daniel Pickett

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main ... orde-prime

Post subject: Re: MOTUC Horde Prime
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:31 am 
ABS

I love the fact that Mattel sent all of the review samples with Faceless One heads so that no one spoils the "secret" face of Horde Prime. Did they just happen to have a bunch of Faceless One heads lying around? I think it would have been great if every review sample got a different head - just to keep the various sites on their toes.... The real face of Horde Prime is....Mighty Spector? Conspiracy theories abound!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:34 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

BlackCanary wrote:
I love the fact that Mattel sent all of the review samples with Faceless One heads so that no one spoils the "secret" face of Horde Prime. Did they just happen to have a bunch of Faceless One heads lying around? I think it would have been great if every review sample got a different head - just to keep the various sites on their toes.... The real face of Horde Prime is....Mighty Spector? Conspiracy theories abound!

I bet it's He-Man from an alternate future! LOL. And STILL with a bowl cut.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:58 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

BlackCanary wrote:

Didn't Pixel-Dan get a Spector head on his sample?...

Photos of the real face are out there, not just the unpainted test shots. Got to say that I do like the figure better now that I've seen that face but it's still one of the two low points of the year for me (Snake MAA is the other, thought the latest pics of Sir Laser-Lot are making me re-think that...).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:37 pm 
ABS

Jim_Abell wrote:
Didn't Pixel-Dan get a Spector head on his sample?...

Photos of the real face are out there, not just the unpainted test shots. Got to say that I do like the figure better now that I've seen that face but it's still one of the two low points of the year for me (Snake MAA is the other, thought the latest pics of Sir Laser-Lot are making me re-think that...).

Looks like you were right, Jim. I had not yet watched Pixel Dan's review when I made that comment, but Pixel Dan did receive a Mighty Spector head for Horde Prime instead of Faceless One. I was going off of the previews that AFI, theFwoosh, etc had which were Faceless One under the Horde Prime hood. I still think it would have been funny if every reviewer got a completely different head under the helmet.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:10 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

I agree, if all had gotten a different head it would've been better (though a Lt. Spector head in each could've been a riot -- literally). Pixel-Dan, Fwoosh, AFi... who else gets samples of MOTUC?...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:24 pm 
4" scale

I don't get why Horde Prime's secret head was such a big deal. I have no emotional attachments to the sculpt necessitating such secrecy. If it turned out that he was actually Skeletor or He-Man, then yes, keeping it under wraps would have made sense. Otherwise, eh!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:48 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Well, from a marketing standpoint, it creates some buzz for those who were on the fence, but like surprises.

I'm a POP-er, and definitely skipped this one. Until they make a Filmation Hordak, I won't be happy 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:17 pm 
5th Horseman

I was just bummed that he wasn't two-headed. He has been described many times as having two heads. I mean, we got two heads with the figure but... Oh you know what I mean!