Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: SDCC '12: DCUC / Club IE thread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:11 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

funtime3 wrote:

When I read they were using the Darkseid buck I hoped they meant the DCSH one, but no, they've gone and screwed up and used the CnC buck!! Why is it so bloody hard for them to make figures correct using the bucks available to them?

Tin looks way too small and lead is way too big, if you can't do them right don't do them at all!! Sorry but they might as well make the next superman figure with a purple face and dragon wings, I mean it wouldn't be right but hey its still a superman figure right??

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:13 pm 
shirtless hugger

I'm happy with the selection and will be signing up, but to echo the earlier sentiment, where are the girls? Huntress, Oracle ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:21 pm 
An Insider

MoMoney wrote:
The silence for Wally West had me scratching my head.

Isn't he one of the figures that everyone has complained about not having?!

I never understood why. Maybe all the people in the audience just realized how easily they could use their Barry figures as Wally, or were satisfied with the shiny Flash TRU put out.

I mean, I'm happy enough about him, but no more excited than I would be about any of the Big 7 Leaguers being re-released in a costume they wore for a particular period of time.

j1h15233 wrote:
I'm not saying replace them. I'm saying if they had shown those two instead of maybe Larfleeze and Phantom Stranger then it might have been better.

Huntress maybe. I'd say the Stranger against Mera is about a wash.

Larfleeze, much as I have no interest in him, is a draw.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:33 pm 
An Insider

All in all, very cool news. I'm very glad to be finishing off the Doom Patrol and Metal Men with this sub, and next year's sneak peeks are more than enough to make me sign up again.

I said it on the front page of the thread and I'll say it again; Digital River incompetence aside, the DC Sub in and of itself hasn't disappointed me yet. And I'm not overly thrilled about Uncle Sam or Rainbow Lanterns, but they're new characters to expand the toy universe, so they're more than fair game.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:05 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

Looks like a far better selection than last year. Elongated Man is on a lot of want lists and he helps complete the Satellite Era JLA. Lead completes the Metal Men except for Will Magnus. Elasti Girl adds one more to the four founding members of the Doom Patrol. Wally finally gets his own Flash costume and two classic characters are revisited from their DC Direct days: Uncle Sam and Phantom Stranger.

Plus, you have a DCU/Vertigo guy in John Constantine and two more modern Green Lantern guys. No JSA or Legion as of now does suck, though.

Monsieur Mallah and the Brain don't quite please me like Metron did but then, I've yet to complete Grodd... :|

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:49 am 
Resin

Yeah, I think replacing Larfleeze with Mr. Terrific would have been a good way to drag in a larger fanbase

MoMoney wrote:
The silence for Wally West had me scratching my head.

Isn't he one of the figures that everyone has complained about not having?!

His paintjob is sweeeeeet.

No silence from me (or several of the other forums I go to). Wally's the figure I'm the most excited about! About time those of us who grew up in the 90's/2000's got OUR Flash!

Now then, how about Kyle, Aquaman, Huntress and Zauriel? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:39 am 
Variant Head

Yes BeeDub we need to post over and over on here and the Matty boards that we wants 90s Kyle ,Prometheus, 90s Huntress, Zauriel and Aztek. The more we post those names the more likely Mattel is to get them to us sooner rather then later!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:51 am 
Aspires to be #1

1. I felt like that was going to happen with Flash because he's mostly a repaint and that's tough to swallow for some people in the sub. That's why I felt like he needed to be the exclusive figure and come with the cosmic treadmill.

2. If any figure is screaming for a variant at this stage, I think it's Huntress. Modern figure and a 90's figure please!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:14 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Glad to be back on the boards after a very hellish day/night of work yesterday.

Looks like I'm staying in the pool for a 2013 DCIE sub.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I'm in for a second year as well. I just hope that they reveal some female figures at Toy Fair. 13' has started off as a real sausage fest.

Huntress
Vixen
Dawnstar
Mera
Oracle
Phantom Lady
Steel (Natasha Irons)

Give us some ladies Matty!

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:40 am 
active in the community

guess i'm in again. i'd still prefer elongated man in his JLI duds but i guess i'll have to settle.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:43 am 
Ferret Farmer

I like what they've shown. More females would have been nice. Sign me up Matty!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:59 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Looks like I can pass on the sub again as the lineup and the exclusive is very meh imo. All I want really to end this year is Starman and Constantine and prolly get Wally Flash (Flash is Flash to me though) next year if they meet the numbers.

I also would like more LOSH. Dawnstar, Mon-el so many to do.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:24 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

AWESOME! I gotta say, had they announced these figures back when the sub was up for sale, I would have bought in without thinking twice. Lead, Tin & Tina, Rita, Stranger & Constantine. Hell. Yes. Also, who'd have ever thought we'd be getting Mallah!? I just wish it wasnt the exclusive. But I'm actually thinking about the sub next year, since this is how they finished out this year's. Although, with the exception of Ambush Bug, Mera, Mento, Caulder and Magnus, there really arent any more figures I want, so, maybe not.

Also, Cal, just emailed you. I can't wait for this!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:14 am 
serves the Otter

Wonder how frequently they plan to manually update their stupid meter this time. Just like last year, it's ridiculous that they can't program a live meter to count the number of subscriptions being purchased to reflect current and accurate numbers. It makes me totally distrust their stats when they have to manually update that graphic whenever they damn well please.

The sub has been up for sale since yesterday and I know that some of us have already purchased it (including myself), but of course the meter is still empty. Pathetic. :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next