Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: SDCC 2012 Young Justice
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:58 pm 
my tummy itches

Location: Kegworth, just around the corner from Gotham, England
Any indication when the pre-order will be up?

Jo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:03 pm 
Aspires to be #1

you_will_forget wrote:
Any indication when the pre-order will be up?

Jo

I think their slides said August 1st - 13th. Some time in early August.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:04 pm 
my tummy itches

Location: Kegworth, just around the corner from Gotham, England
Cool, thanks.

Jo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:05 pm 
Collector Inspector

j1h15233 wrote:
funtime3 wrote:
You know what? I'm probably in. But geez, they act like they're making them and get rousing applause, but they're not. Not if they don't get enough preorders. Kinda cheap. But I'll preorder. $50 stings though.

How could they possibly get enough pre orders is what I'm thinking though. This was one of their "moms and kids" lines and it lasted less than a year.

Yes, I wonder what they're motive is here. I'm not some crazy conspiracy nut, but is this just for public relations? So they can say, "look guys, we offered you Miss Martian and Superboy 6 inch and you just didn't hit the meter" So they can show they're at least giving an olive branch to us who were TRYING to finish this Young Justice Team but couldn't because of White suit Superboy and Sportsmaster and the high prices.

But, hmm, this worked with that JLU stuff. Those $50 3-packs. It worked. But man, I don't know how they could go into production. Some people are sore about the White suit. Some people never found Kid Flash. I don't know, I just know my YJ collection is incomplete. They should have just got Superboy and Miss Martian out in the first place instead of flooding the stores with Robin and Artemis.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:15 pm 
shirtless hugger

my 5 year old daughter LOVES Miss Martian and Superboy. looks like I'm in for 2 sets...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:39 pm 
3 3/4"

I only bought these for the bases they came with AND it was only at sale prices. No way I'm paying more than what they cost at retail, especially if they don't come with the awesome bases.

p.s. So what's the deal with the other 6" figures (Sportsmaster, Batman, Kid Flash, etc.)? Were they released?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:50 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

MisterMiracle wrote:
I only bought these for the bases they came with AND it was only at sale prices. No way I'm paying more than what they cost at retail, especially if they don't come with the awesome bases.

p.s. So what's the deal with the other 6" figures (Sportsmaster, Batman, Kid Flash, etc.)? Were they released?

Yes. Superboy and Sportsmaster were found at retail (I've read of finds at Target and I saw them at a Walmart once) and Kid Flash and Batman made a quick appearance at online retailers and (I think) a few discounters.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:37 am 
Knows his stuff

Well, I don't like it, but I'll probably order them.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:42 pm 
ABS

I haven’t bought any of the YJ figures yet. I just don’t care for the animated style. However, I was thinking of getting this set and swapping the DC Unlimited Superman head onto the Superboy. Might make for a good enough jeans and t-shirt DCUC Superboy. I would be a little more tempted if Miss Martian was in her regular outfit instead of stealth mode. I’m going to need to think about it some more. :?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:47 pm 
serves the Otter

So if this goes through and meets their minimum pre-order requirements, why won't they also offer Batman and Kid Flash in a 2-pack too? Most of us didn't get a chance to get those while they were briefly available through online retailers. The team isn't complete without Kid Flash!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:52 pm 
Aspires to be #1

I've decided that Red Arrow, Artemis, Aqualad, Kid Flash and Robin are being sold instead of spending another 50 on a mismatched pair to finish the team.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:16 pm 
Former King of Posts

superfriend wrote:
Going to think about this for a bit. Initial reaction is there is no way they will get enough orders to turn on the machines. But they get good press for offering. The public rejected them at 20$. Many of us only picked them up after on clearance. How many would pay 25 ?

Now that the offer for the last 2 is on the front page as news, I have to bump this and quote myself. Mattel just does NOT understand the market for this property. The line was out right REJECTED at the price of 20$ each. Even with cool bases and accessories. They just sat there. Now they are asking for 25$ each plus shipping. No accessories. No bases. And the characters are in the wrong costumes.

EPIC FAIL before they even offered it.

Instead of this, they need to get a handle on the prices and offer product at a price point that people are willing to pay.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:20 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Why are those 6 inch Young Justice figures in the JLU section and listed as "Young Justice Unlimited" on Matty? :roll: Bad enough Starro ended up there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:28 pm 
We're going streaking!

Funny thing is, if these were the season one versions that went with the rest of the team already released, I would, one, swallow hard and place my pre-order and two, be kicking myself for not getting Kid Flash. I would justify the purchase by reminding myself that I did not pay retail for any of them besides Batman and that I would have the whole season one team (minus Kid Flash) in 6-inch scale.

These would have been a waste to me at retail, as they go with nothing. Why would I pay more for them online and get less to boot? Good luck to those wanting them though; I canot help out though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:26 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

If the DCUC sub fails, then I will get these. Better a couple new DCUC than nothing.

If by some miracle the sub passes, I'm going to have to do without. I'd like Ms. Martian a lot (I think the black costume is better than the white), but I'm not a fan of that version of Superboy.

Trade Rating +55 and counting