Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: SDCC '12: Ghostbusters thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:08 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

All the news and updates from SDCC 2012 for the Ghostbusters line! Please keep all Comic-Con related news, images, and discussion in this thread.

This first post will be updated as news and photos are released during the show.

- - - - -

Quote:
Friday July 13, 12 noon – 1pm
Mattel Presents: Mattypalooza 2012!

Masters of the Universe® Classics, DC, Ghostbusters™, Voltron® and more! This year’s Mattypalooza will be bigger and better than ever! Get all the latest info on your favorite Mattel collector lines, like Masters of the Universe® Classics, DC Universe™, Ghostbusters™, and a brand new mystery line from MattyCollector.com! For all the insider intel, don’t miss the Q & A with Mattel toy designer Ruben Martinez, Mattel brand manager Scott “Toy Guru” Neitlich and special guests The Four Horsemen. It’s the place to be for the world premiere of tons of new toys and collectibles, including the unveiling of the 30th Anniversary MOTU Create a Character contest winner!
Room 25ABC

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject: Re: SDCC '12: Ghostbusters thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:35 pm 
serves the Otter

Huh.

That's funny... I thought the GB line was pretty much dead now with the cancellation of the subscription and the relegation of Dana as a SDCC exclusive.

Unless the extent of their coverage will be simply to say "Hey, go buy the SDCC exclusive Dana as Zuul over there in our booth!" :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:36 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

shabbyblue wrote:
Huh.

That's funny... I thought the GB line was pretty much dead now with the cancellation of the subscription and the relegation of Dana as a SDCC exclusive.

Unless the extent of their coverage will be simply to say "Hey, go buy the SDCC exclusive Dana as Zuul over there in our booth!" :roll:

Well, there is still one more figure (at the very least) plus whatever role-play item they're offering this fall.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:52 pm 
serves the Otter

Jim_Abell wrote:
Well, there is still one more figure (at the very least) plus whatever role-play item they're offering this fall.

Couldn't care less about their role-play items, but I thought it was all but confirmed that the final figure would be another Vigo with the alternate demon head. Pretty lame for a final figure, but wasn't the headsculpt leaked online a few months back? Considering the "special thank you" to fans ended up being that lackluster Slimer variant, I'm not getting my hopes up for any more surprises to wow us with this line.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:42 am 
Loose, Missing Package

shabbyblue wrote:
Jim_Abell wrote:

Couldn't care less about their role-play items, but I thought it was all but confirmed that the final figure would be another Vigo with the alternate demon head. Pretty lame for a final figure, but wasn't the headsculpt leaked online a few months back? Considering the "special thank you" to fans ended up being that lackluster Slimer variant, I'm not getting my hopes up for any more surprises to wow us with this line.

Vigo hasn't been confirmed, just a leaked pic of a test shot with the demon head. I'm sure that the head was probably tooled at the same time as the regular head considering how long ago that pic showed up. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Vigo but we just don't know yet... Who knows?... Maybe it's Janos with that extra Vigo head as a pack-in.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:49 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

I expect a Haiku announcement about Ghostbusters:

Stay Puff is yellow
Dana can not turn her head
Slimer is en route

anyone else got one?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:53 pm 
serves the Otter

Man, talk about adding insult to injury if they give us Janos instead of Gozer as the final figure in this line. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:07 pm 
We're going streaking!

Courtroom Ray with Tony in November! YAY!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:18 pm 
An Insider

Well at least we will have both Scoleri brothers! I'm also pumped for the goggles but I was really hoping to see some movement towards a full pack.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:39 pm 
We're going streaking!

Oklahoma's Man of Steel wrote:
Well at least we will have both Scoleri brothers! I'm also pumped for the goggles but I was really hoping to see some movement towards a full pack.

I have to see the goggles! They sound neat, but then I think about my PKE Meter, sitting there in the box on the floor and realize that I probably don't need them. That's why I did not pick up the Trap. But the goggles sync with the PKE Meter? That's intriguing too!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:51 pm 
serves the Otter

Courtoom Ray is definitely a much better final figure than a 2nd Vigo with alternate head.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:53 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

god. damn. it. really?

so, is this the final gb movie masters figure? it says more movie items to follw next year, or something to that effect. does that mean they'll be randomly releasing a figure here and there? does that mean it's still possible to get gozer, plainclothes winston, janine and the terror dogs? i guess now they gotta put out a courtroom egon with a pot of purple slime too, huh?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:06 am 
serves the Otter

Where did it say there's more coming next year? I assumed this was the final one ever.