Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Matty 7/16/12: How'd it go for you?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:27 pm 
Hat Pooper

I keep thinkinghteyare goig to resale them for $10 apiece during some super sale like they did the convention packs. I wish I could order and a save it to be ship with the next 3 pack.

Whan.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:02 pm 
Wonderdog

Almost forgot about the sale. Didn't log on until around 8:30 PM EDT, which freaked me out; I was sure I was going to miss out on the JLU pack. But everything was still for sale; in and out with Mongul in almost no time at all. First time in fact with no WSOD at all, which was a pleasure.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:30 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I'm surprised almost everything including Mongul but except for Spikor has made it to the almost gone stage already. Arn Anderson is the only figure yet to get there although I've been assuming all this time that he was going to be the dud of the 7/16 sale. I'd really like to know how many units he sold so far.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:21 am 
Displays Backwards

Mattel is probably just clearing the decks for its SDCC after-party sale on Monday.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:44 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Spikor is sold out.

Who wants to bet the rest will magically sell out just before the SDCC sale? :lol:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:14 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Shellhead wrote:
Spikor is sold out.

Who wants to bet the rest will magically sell out just before the SDCC sale? :lol:

I imagine the conversation going something like this.

Customer: You know, Matty, the definition of "sold out" is...

Matty: Now, let me stop you right there, because there is no definition of "sold out". Look it up in the dictionary. And do you know why there's no definition? Because it's two words.

Customer: *blank stare*

Matty: Swish. Count it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:39 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Backward Galaxy wrote:
Shellhead wrote:
Spikor is sold out.

I imagine the conversation going something like this.

Customer: You know, Matty, the definition of "sold out" is...

Matty: Now, let me stop you right there, because there is no definition of "sold out". Look it up in the dictionary. And do you know why there's no definition? Because it's two words.

Customer: *blank stare*

Matty: Swish. Count it.

Post of the month, lol. But yeah, that is probably exactly how it would go down... except... I think Matty would go even further and kick the customer in the stomach afterwards then yell "That's the real definition of Sold Out sucka, ha ha ha!" ;)

D.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:49 pm 
5" Scale

My 2 Mongul sets arrived today!

As a reminder, there are no white mailer boxes for theses and so your mileage will vary greatly on the condition of your sets. the top tabs on both of mine were creased.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:28 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Cool, but where are you located? (if you don't mind my asking.) My shipping order says the arrival date is estimated for July 26th, I'm in UT (so it them being in Cali.... shipping shouldn't take long, also considering I paid 9 bucks for it, :roll: .) Also does anyone know why Mattel went with such a lame shipping service instead of UPS?

D.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:24 pm 
5" Scale

Dusty, I'm in Los Angeles. Each time I've ordered from time in recent memory, the packages have shipped out from Ontario, Californa which is only about an hour and a half away to Sparks, NV and then back to Los Angeles. The general consensus among us at AFI is that it's much cheaper for Mattel to ship everything in bulk from Ontario to Sparks and then to other destinations.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:23 am 
serves the Otter

brand42 wrote:
Dusty, I'm in Los Angeles. Each time I've ordered from time in recent memory, the packages have shipped out from Ontario, Californa which is only about an hour and a half away to Sparks, NV and then back to Los Angeles. The general consensus among us at AFI is that it's much cheaper for Mattel to ship everything in bulk from Ontario to Sparks and then to other destinations.

Oh, okay thanks for the clarification, I knew they shipped from Cali. But I was just surprised at how fast someone received theirs. (I kind of guessed you must have been close to but I was curious on how close... Plus, I am quite impatient, lol.

I will have to move my plans up to move to L.A. to be closer to all the Mattel warehouses, so I can raid them and take what I wish, Ha ha ha!... Then kindly leave some money paying for all the stuff I took, and any damages... lol.

Seriously though when I actually do get to L.A. (actually it might be San Diego or North of L.A. Not quite sure yet.) Anyways, I'll have to look all y'all up so we can go do some cool AFI-posse stuff. ;)

D.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:17 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Mine go from California to Nevada to Wyoming to Colorado and finally to Arizona.

Why they can't go straight from Cali to AZ ('cause, we only share a massive border!), I'll never know.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:37 pm 
Collector Inspector

I actually had a dream last night that Mongul arrived and I was working on another "Awkward Moments in the JLU" diorama featuring him.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:49 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

brand42 wrote:

As a reminder, there are no white mailer boxes for theses and so your mileage will vary greatly on the condition of your sets. the top tabs on both of mine were creased.

Oh, that's great. I guess there's some reason why Mattel can't simply pop it in an absolutely plain white mailer box instead if shipping these willy nilly inside a box, tumbling around.

My Mongul is currently spending the night somewhere in Indiana.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:26 pm 
serves the Otter

Howard the Duck wrote:
brand42 wrote:

Oh, that's great. I guess there's some reason why Mattel can't simply pop it in an absolutely plain white mailer box instead if shipping these willy nilly inside a box, tumbling around.

My Mongul is currently spending the night somewhere in Indiana.

Sorry to hear that man, that happened to me the last time I ordered from MC.com... Anyways, I recieved my figures today and yes they did a bleghh job packing it. It was jumbling around inside the box like there was no tomorrow. The figures seem fine (I haven't opened it) but still Mattel couldn't afford a few more pieces of shipping paper or peanuts, considering they charge us about 9 bucks for shipping? Sorry, I am happy Mattel did get these packs out to us, despite my whining and complaing... I really do appreciate them doing this. :)

D.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next