Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: JLU 8/15/12 the Second of the 6 LAST 3-packs. ST/AQUA/MI
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:50 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
Worse looking than Galatea?

I would argue yes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:15 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I think she looks kind of exotic. Was that how she looked on the show? No, but I think this head will make great fodder for customs. Will Stew cast it?

EDIT: Nobody's taken photos of the JLU Six yet? For shame...I thought you guys were FANS! :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:38 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Bryan Long wrote:
Quote:
Worse looking than Galatea?

I would argue yes.

I would too.

Although...
If we're talking this version of Galatea, I'd say it's debatable.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:16 pm 
serves the Otter

Looks like someone got hit with the ugly stick... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:12 am 
PVC

I was pleasantly surprised when my JLU shipment showed up yesterday--then I saw Aquagirl. I thought for certain I had gotten a defective figure until I looked up some images online--the figure isn't defective, just really ugly. Sigh.

Fortunately, the other figures look great with nice paint apps. I suppose I'll consider this a win and wait for the next release!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:26 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
I think she looks kind of exotic.

That's probably what they were going for, and it even makes sense, but I don't think it matches the version shown on JLU (http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Aquagirl).

And honestly, the primary goal should be to make them look EXACTLY like the cartoon.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:13 am 
Variant Head

Does everyones left ankle on Aquagirl have like wrinkle in it ? Man we keep getting less for more I mean my 2 Mirror Masters had 0 packing materials and my JLU order was pack poorly and the cards are all messed up. SIGH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:40 am 
5" Scale

PBateman wrote:
Does everyones left ankle on Aquagirl have like wrinkle in it ? Man we keep getting less for more I mean my 2 Mirror Masters had 0 packing materials and my JLU order was pack poorly and the cards are all messed up. SIGH

Yes, mine has that line on the left ankle but that's probably the least glaring of her flaws.

Since it was asked earlier I'll see about taking a JLU beyond group photo tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:43 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

whakojacko1976 wrote:

Ugh. I had that version of Galatea, and I returned it as soon as I found one with eyebrows.

PBateman wrote:

If it happened to me, I would consider returning the figures. MattyCollector is a collectors' website, after all. It's not called MattyDamagedToys.com.

My figures arrived in good shape, despite a lack of packing material. But I've returned items before, and Digital River has always been helpful in replacing damaged goods.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:36 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Yes, the two I have have the boot wrinkle on them. It's actually part of the sculpt for those female legs, and it's meant to simulate shoes/boots. So returning it won't do any good.

I bought two because I'm going to put bare feet on one, so I'm not too upset about it. But yes, it is a flaw, though it's intentional.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:51 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Bryan Long wrote:
Quote:
I think she looks kind of exotic.

That's probably what they were going for, and it even makes sense, but I don't think it matches the version shown on JLU (http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Aquagirl).

And honestly, the primary goal should be to make them look EXACTLY like the cartoon.

I just don't understand it. It's like they tried to add more detail where no extra was needed. They did the same thing with both versions of Supergirl too. Aquagirl and Supergirl V2 both look like bad plastic surgery victims.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:03 pm 
Cold-cast

PBateman wrote:

Almost $9 for shipping & these bastiches can't even throw in some packing material in the box. I've been complaining about the bent cards since I received my Mongul 3 pack. Over $40 to have my stuff come damaged. Once again I will be glad when December finally arrives & hopefully I will never have to deal with Mattel or Digital River again.

GregNYC wrote:
[Image

That figure is horrid! If you look at many of the JLU female figures, the sculpts aren't really all that great IMO. For the most part the girls on the cartoon have a " cute " look to them. Many of the figures, Mattel totally failed to capture that essence. Casmir & many of our other customizers are much better sculptors then whoever Mattel has working for them.

GregNYC wrote:
If it happened to me, I would consider returning the figures. MattyCollector is a collectors' website, after all. It's not called MattyDamagedToys.com.

My figures arrived in good shape, despite a lack of packing material. But I've returned items before, and Digital River has always been helpful in replacing damaged goods.

My Mongul package was trashed. I have yet to receive this 3 pack to know of it's condition. But I highly doubt Digital River will exchange these because of damaged packages. I think their warranty only covers the figures. Someone correct me if I am wrong, though. If those morons would just through some packing material in the box we wouldn't even be having this discussion. It's not that hard of a concept to grasp to do Digital River!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:49 pm 
shirtless hugger

Does anyone have the issue of one of Static's sleave's not being attached to his coat? Are they not suppose to be attached? I don't want to open the package and risk not beign able to return it. I just see this huge gaping area where his right arm should attach to the coat. Even if this is how it's suppose to be i'm worried I got a warped or deformed coat. ugh, $42 for this. Very cool looking figures besides that though. I know they can't be perfect but how does some of this stuff pass QC?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:36 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Got mine today, even though tracking showed it to be up in North Jersey. I am not complaining. My Aquagirl looks fine, other than the fact that she isn't 100% on-model. And this time around, there was an attempt at packing material, as there was one of those paper bag wraps inside the box.

To answer the question, the Galatea figure is by far the worse of the two. By far.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:18 pm 
shirtless hugger

I got mine today too. Aquagirl certainly gives Galatea a run for her money in the "WTF happened!?" department. This pack in hand, has left me a little cold compared to the Mongul pack.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next