Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: JLU 8/15/12 the Second of the 6 LAST 3-packs. ST/AQUA/MI
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:52 pm 
serves the Otter

Clayface wrote:
So what happened here, did they end up honoring the $11 batmobile price?

Yes. As far as I know, Matty did honor the $11 dollar price. But the store is run by Digital River, so I'm willing to bet it was their cross to bear and not Mattel's.

Dusty wrote:
Hey come on now, Mattel would have adjusted the price no matter what. From either seeing it here or on their own message forums, they would have changed the price. Let's not point fingers and end up causing others to get mad and then have this thread turn into something we all don't want or need... a very heated... Flame... WAR!!! ;)

Yeah, I'm sure the price would've been corrected sooner or later; but technically speaking, the finger pointing was started by those that well... pointed the finger first and said "hey, the price is all wrong! Go fix it!" Clayface just called a Spade a Spade 'cause...

Haters Gonna Hate!!!

Dusty wrote:
Seriously though, they are just collectibles everyone... just collectibles, :)
D.

Yeah, but these figures don't seem that different from last years 3-packs; and those not only sold for $20, but they were also given away as part of the Matty Mystery Monday Sale. So yeah, they are just collectibles, but business is business; and a simple price adjustment was all it took for me to consider ordering two sets instead of one. As it stands, I'm back to buying just one set and willing to take my chances with the next "Mystery Pack" and/or Cyber Week Sale. And if those don't pan out... well, I'm still perfectly happy with owning just one Static... and one Aquagirl... and one Micron. When it comes to those characters, one is all I really need.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:19 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
red Ricky wrote:
Yeah, I'm sure the price would've been corrected sooner or later; but technically speaking, the finger pointing was started by those that well... pointed the finger first and said "hey, the price is all wrong! Go fix it!" Clayface just called a Spade a Spade 'cause...

True but the pointing of fingers from those who saw the site was more towards an "error" and not at indvidual(s). But then later it was aimed at people on message forums (instead of the error/mistake.) Again I am not trying to start something just trying to clarify what I meant about pointing fingers and such... actually thinking about it, I am babbling and just probably am going to end up making this subject get worse so... ignore this message everyone, lol. :wink:

red Ricky wrote:
Haters Gonna Hate!!!

Yeah, but these figures don't seem that different from last years 3-packs; and those not only sold for $20, but they were also given away as part of the Matty Mystery Monday Sale. So yeah, they are just collectibles, but business is business; and a simple price adjustment was all it took for me to consider ordering two sets instead of one. As it stands, I'm back to buying just one set and willing to take my chances with the next "Mystery Pack" and/or Cyber Week Sale. And if those don't pan out... well, I'm still perfectly happy with owning just one Static... and one Aquagirl... and one Micron. When it comes to those characters, one is all I really need.

The only difference here is Mattel saying "These Are The Last Packs" essentially: "don't be a chump and miss out on these packs (EVEN THOUGHT THEY ARE HORRIBLE PRICES) cause if you do you will never see them again, ha ha ha." ;)

Seriously though, I see where you guys are coming from, but again it is our choice on whether or not to buy the packs. Yeah the prices are so stupid and there is no real logical reason for them being so much more expensive than the packs last year... Actually I suppose greed would be the "real" reason for the price hike. But then again, that is more of an excuse in my eyes, not a reason for the horrible prices.
*sigh--->Mattel
(man I need to stop typing so late, I always babble and/or make no sense. I apologize in advance to any if my post's were upsetting or offensive.)

D.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:11 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Dusty wrote:
I see what you are saying, I also knew you weren't calling anyone here idiots. Only the "If people wouldn't have opened their big mouths" comment was the thing I was commenting about. Anyways even though these collectibles are way overpriced, one must realize that complaining about it is kind of "eh" because you really don't have to buy them. (I know they are awesome and what not) but again we are the ones choosing to pay for the over priced collectibles. So complaining about having to pay the expensive ridiculous price for something you want comes across a little "meh." I mean no offense to anyone, but really if the price is so ridiculously stupid or bothering you so much... just skip them, it's what i have done on several JLU/YJ figures and I feel perfectly fine with not having an absolute complete collection... just my 2 cents. ;)

D.

I know Dusty that me complaining about it is not going to change a damn thing. But sucking it up & paying Mattel's prices make me feel terrible. So at least venting about it makes me feel better. So I will probably continue to do so....lol

It is not a choice to buy this or not, I collected these from the beginning & come this far, so there's no stopping now. Besides some of these last packs are characters that I so desperately wanted instead of all the stupid repaints, super powers pack & non show related characters. I mean Mongul, The JLU Beyond, Toyman, I've wanted a Firefly figure since the 90's when I first saw him on BTAS. So does it sound like there really is a choice for me to buy these packs....lol I just really hate the over inflated prices.

The Question wrote:
yes... for anyone that ordered it before they caught the error, they HAD to honor the price ;)

Anyway, I will be ordering one of these. Excited to have 3 new characters :)

red Ricky wrote:
Yes. As far as I know, Matty did honor the $11 dollar price. But the store is run by Digital River, so I'm willing to bet it was their cross to bear and not Mattel's.

My exact point had that Freddie guy on Matty not ratted out about the price. They may not have caught it until many of us already purchased our packs. As far as I'm concerned, if digital river really did have to eat the loss.....It couldn't have worked out better. There is no other company that I would rather see lose money than them!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:04 pm 
Resin

Clayface wrote:
Dusty wrote:
I see what you are saying, I also knew you weren't calling anyone here idiots. Only the "If people wouldn't have opened their big mouths" comment was the thing I was commenting about. Anyways even though these collectibles are way overpriced, one must realize that complaining about it is kind of "eh" because you really don't have to buy them. (I know they are awesome and what not) but again we are the ones choosing to pay for the over priced collectibles. So complaining about having to pay the expensive ridiculous price for something you want comes across a little "meh." I mean no offense to anyone, but really if the price is so ridiculously stupid or bothering you so much... just skip them, it's what i have done on several JLU/YJ figures and I feel perfectly fine with not having an absolute complete collection... just my 2 cents. ;)

D.

"Freddie" over there is an A1 *ssclown. That is all.
I know Dusty that me complaining about it is not going to change a damn thing. But sucking it up & paying Mattel's prices make me feel terrible. So at least venting about it makes me feel better. So I will probably continue to do so....lol

It is not a choice to buy this or not, I collected these from the beginning & come this far, so there's no stopping now. Besides some of these last packs are characters that I so desperately wanted instead of all the stupid repaints, super powers pack & non show related characters. I mean Mongul, The JLU Beyond, Toyman, I've wanted a Firefly figure since the 90's when I first saw him on BTAS. So does it sound like there really is a choice for me to buy these packs....lol I just really hate the over inflated prices.

The Question wrote:
yes... for anyone that ordered it before they caught the error, they HAD to honor the price ;)

Anyway, I will be ordering one of these. Excited to have 3 new characters :)

red Ricky wrote:

My exact point had that Freddie guy on Matty not ratted out about the price. They may not have caught it until many of us already purchased our packs. As far as I'm concerned, if digital river really did have to eat the loss.....It couldn't have worked out better. There is no other company that I would rather see lose money than them!

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:17 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Couple more days... I don't know why but I'm pretty hyped for this pack. :D :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:44 am 
shirtless hugger

I want it too, but it isn't even on the "on sale today" link on Matty's site. what gives? or am I just not looking in the right spot?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:49 am 
Loose, Missing Package

tanglevine wrote:
I want it too, but it isn't even on the "on sale today" link on Matty's site. what gives? or am I just not looking in the right spot?

Second item in the list, right after Sir Laser-Lot.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:36 am 
Tis' but a pup

10 more minutes!!! :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:49 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Revenge of the WSOD...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:55 am 
5" Scale

I just checked out with my order and had to endure more of the WSOD than I did with the Mongul orders. I thought about getting Sir Laser Lot too but ultimately decided not to.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:59 am 
Knows his stuff

Had a slight bout of WSOD, but I got in and out with the Future JLU with relatively little pain. Now to buy a few extra Future Supermen for the Starros.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:02 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

In and out, no problems.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:04 am 
Tis' but a pup

ed case wrote:
Revenge of the WSOD...

I got the same thing but finally got the figures, very excited!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:10 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Just brought my two sets, really is a shame that finally JLU looks to be getting people eager to buy from matty just as the line is ending.

I would love them to do the odd one off exclusives for JLU/Timmverse figures at conventions.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:10 am 
Resin

Got two of the Future JLU packs, and broke down and bought the DKR 8 inch figure.

Mattel should really think about releasing a Future JLU box set at some point with all the previously released figures and two new sculpts--Barda and Future GL. Would love to complete the team.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next