Both were Hard 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 5
 Post subject: What was Easier
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:56 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

The Bat Signal

or

Parallax

Was one harder than the other? Are they both equally hard considered the difficulty and lack of figure restorck in the wild vs the amount of figures Parallax needed and lack there of?

I never bothered with Green Lantern Movie Masters so I really don't know... :?:

Post subject: Re: What was Easier
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:23 am 
Collector Inspector

I tried.

Parallax was and will probably be more difficult by a mile.
And it had as much to do with Mattel executing the C+C promotion as it was with retailers cooperating. As Mattel said themselves in a Mattycollector Q and A: " Retail usually gives something one chance and not a second chance." They gave GL MM's a chance for 4 figures and that was it. But , really did they?

They waited too long to stock the toys and the first 1.5 waves were a little over-ordered and a little too pricey all around. And then no new waves came in and collectors gave up. But Mattel, knowing that "retailers give things one chance" should have know better and not executed a massive 12 piece C+C. I say 2 waves of 4 figures each would have been better. Oh yeah, and the movie flopped (Even though I liked it and it was medium-successful).

I never saw Sinestro at retail and I really tried. I haven't even had the good luck of find the MM's at TJ Maxx for $4. I had to fill in the gaps by buying online and amazon.

I'm one piece away from finishing Parallax (I need Hector's piece). I really like the toy, but it's huge. No place to put it! I became smitten with the Movie Masters, they're nicely crafted.

Now...the Bat signal. Eargh. I went to every store around me yesterday and they're still sitting on the few Batmans and Banes they got a month ago. I see no restocks yet. I have Bane, Batman, Alfred and I found Catwoman Goggles-Up at B&N. Based on the track record, I'll be lucky to find Ras and Blake in a few weeks or even months from now. Still , 6 pieces are better than 11. I'm hoping Amazon makes them available.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:26 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Seems way too early for this poll. Figures 4-6 of the bat signal wave have barely shipped at all yet. I'll vote in 5 or 6 months. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:20 am 

funtime3 wrote:
I never saw Sinestro at retail and I really tried. I haven't even had the good luck of find the MM's at TJ Maxx for $4. I had to fill in the gaps by buying online and amazon.

There were 2 Sinestros at my local Ross but they were gone by the time I decided if I wanted them. I found Krona and some others at a TJ Maxx but nowhere close to my linking. I'm thinking of buying one (Parallax) flat out.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:51 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Van have you checked with BBTS?... That's where I finished up the line (found 6 of them at retail) and some were already on clearance before I went that route.

EDIT: Just checked some of the final ones have sold through, but there are some really good deals on others.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:00 pm 

I'm honestly not really interested in him that much to buy the figures but I would buy a complete one for the right price.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:47 pm 
serves the Otter

Surprised you didn't include the Young Justice Hall of Justice in this poll. :)

It just goes to show that Mattel needs to stop with the multi-wave build-a-sets. Keep the whole build-a-set strictly in a single wave so that every piece ships at the same time and there's no risk of stores ordering too much of the first wave and then not bothering to order/stock the later wave with the remaining pieces.

That generally worked well for DCUC waves (with the exception of the Giganta wave with Gentleman Ghost).

I'm still trying to find Blake and Ra's al Ghul to complete the Bat Signal. It annoys me that they didn't ship with the rest of the first wave figures. Clearly wave 1's case assortment was overloaded with Batman and Bane, judging by how many are now pegwarming while we look for the remaining two figures. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:47 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I didn't buy any GL movie figures, partly because I didn't like the movie styling and partly because I never saw anything beyond the first 4 at retail, and I haven't bought any of the DKR movie figures mainly because I haven't seen anything beyond Bats, Bane, and Alfred at any store.

So, since Mattel has made it inherently complicated, I stayed away from both. So Far.

I would think though, in the long run, the Bat Signal will be the easier CnC to complete as it has less pieces and a bit more fan demand than the awfully designed (not Mattel's fault I know) Parallax-cloud abomination.

If Mattel were to just put out the entire wave of figures needed to make the CnC at the same time, I would gladly buy (and then sell off) the figures to build the Bat Signal. As it is, I'm not even bothering looking in stores anymore and will just try to find a good deal on eBay.

Mattel is shooting themselves in the foot with the current setup of Movie Master CnCs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:21 pm 
shirtless hugger

Another Build-a-Line Mattel has failed on is the WWE. They heavy packed John Cena figures for some dumb reason, making the fourth and final piece that came with Bret Hart a real pain to find. And TRUs are now flooded with the Cenas.

They also messed up their other WWE build-a-line and I've never seen Mark Henry with the final piece of the basic set.

And they have another Build-A-Series on the way. I hope they get it right this time, but c'mon it's Mattel, they always screw these things up.

Personally I've always disliked the Build-A-Series, and my unfinished WWE backstage set and YJ Hall of Justice have turned my dislike almost into hate. And when I here about you other guys with your unfinished stuff, I say, great job Matty!