Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: WSOD!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:47 am 
Displays Backwards

Just went to Matty and got the WSOD. Haven't seen that in a while. The SDCC exclusives are up today - good thing I don't want any of them - maybe the Tiny Titans but it's not big deal.

Good old WSOD, I missed ya!

Post subject: Re: WSOD!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:50 am 
We're going streaking!

YEP! I was stuck in the loop, then I got everything in my cart and when I went to the next checkout screen, I got stuck in the loop again and that's where I am now.

EDIT: Aaaaaannnnnnddd, just like that, I am done! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:54 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

What are the "big draws" that everyone is jumping on now for anyway?

Is the MOTUC Vykron figure really that big of a deal?

I would like some Tiny Titans and maybe the Polly Pocket girls but if I miss them at this point I don't really care.

I'll just wait today out and maybe check in after dinner and pick something up ... if I remember...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:58 am 
We're going streaking!

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
What are the "big draws" that everyone is jumping on now for anyway?

Is the MOTUC Vykron figure really that big of a deal?

I would like some Tiny Titans and maybe the Polly Pocket girls but if I miss them at this point I don't really care.

I'll just wait today out and maybe check in after dinner and pick something up ... if I remember...

Monster High is a big one and will probably sell out first.

Don't know about the rest. Should be interesting to see what does sell out by the end of the initial rush, if anything.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:00 am 
Displays Backwards

I got to the order page twice, but it didn't load properly. Now I'm back in the WSOD loop. I wanted to pick up Scarah Screams, but I might not be getting anything.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:01 am 
An Insider

I'm just picking up Dana and Bruce Wayne.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:05 am 
ABS

GregNYC wrote:
I got to the order page twice, but it didn't load properly. Now I'm back in the WSOD loop. I wanted to pick up Scarah Screams, but I might not be getting anything.

Sadly Scarah Screams is already sold out (the only item from the SDCC sale that is sold out at the time of this posting).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:12 am 
Displays Backwards

Yeah, I finally got to the order page and saw it was sold out. I think that was the only popular toy, because it's easy to get to the order page now.

I had to use Windows Explorer because the page would not load properly with Firefox.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:14 am 
Collector Inspector

For me, it's just zuul. i dont care about any of that other stuff. the dkmm item is kinda cool, and i know it'll make good trade fodder later, but the only thing i like about it is the bat suit in a case. musical packaging is unnecessary, it doesnt fit with the packaging from the rest of the line and the bruce wayne figure is kinda goofy, especially since he's never actually wearing a body suit like that. if it was bruce in a bussiness suit or with a robe and a cane, i'd jump on it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:16 am 
We're going streaking!

BlackCanary wrote:
GregNYC wrote:

Sadly Scarah Screams is already sold out (the only item from the SDCC sale that is sold out at the time of this posting).

And it looks like it was Monster High fans that caused the WSOD because with Scarah Screams sold out, it's a breeze getting through the site. And it had a max order of 2! Compared with 6 for everything else.

I am disappointed that the 7/16 sale stuff is still there. Usually Matty makes that stuff unavailable during non-regular sales, like the SDCC sale today, so I ordered an extra Starman and the JLU pack on the 16th. I could have saved a bit on shipping if I waited, but from past Matty history, who knew they would still be available? I hope somebody took advantage of that stuff still being there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:19 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Got the polly pockets and Tiny Titans-- it took me 4 times to submit my order from the credt card captcha screen before it finally took.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:20 am 
An Insider

TRDouble wrote:
I am disappointed that the 7/16 sale stuff is still there. Usually Matty makes that stuff unavailable during non-regular sales, like the SDCC sale today, so I ordered an extra Starman and the JLU pack on the 16th. I could have saved a bit on shipping if I waited, but from past Matty history, who knew they would still be available?

Not me. Ordered my JLU set last night and I'm cursing myself for it.

Then again, I'm also having second thoughts about Vykron and nothing else remotely appeals, so maybe it won't matter.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:26 am 
ABS

TRDouble wrote:
And it looks like it was Monster High fans that caused the WSOD because with Scarah Screams sold out, it's a breeze getting through the site. And it had a max order of 2! Compared with 6 for everything else.

It was quite uncanny. It only took a couple of minutes for the site to go from an overloaded WSOD filled mess to a fully functioning website. I guess it shows you just how many Monster High fans (or scalpers) there really are.

TRDouble wrote:
I am disappointed that the 7/16 sale stuff is still there. Usually Matty makes that stuff unavailable during non-regular sales, like the SDCC sale today, so I ordered an extra Starman and the JLU pack on the 16th. I could have saved a bit on shipping if I waited, but from past Matty history, who knew they would still be available? I hope somebody took advantage of that stuff still being there.

Given past history, it was a good bet that Matty would pull down the items from the monthly sale in time for the SDCC sale. This was the first time that Matty managed to keep items up from the monthly sale so that customers could combine shipping with another sale. Unfortunately, I am willing to bet that very few people will take them up on this offer since everyone has been conditioned that Matty will pull items down early. How many people got burned waiting to combine shipping for the JLU Parademons while waiting for the Black Friday sale back in November 2010? It was like clockwork - and I was expecting it to happen again seeing as how all of the DC product became labelled as "Almost Gone" within hours of each other. It looked like another case of Matty beginning to pull product in anticipation of another sale.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:28 am 
Displays Backwards

Mater was the next to sell out, followed quickly by Polly Pocket.

It looks like MM Batman will be next.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:39 am 
An Insider

Yep, Batman's gone. Cool packaging, but I'm at the point where I don't have funds or space for packaging.

Why is some sold-out stuff completely gone from the page and not others?