Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: GOTs the Mongul with some pics
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:32 am 
Damage Control

Just got around to check the mail today (Sunday) and there they were.

Took some pics.
I gotta say, Mongul looks cool. I like the paint apps on the metallic (looking) color on the thighs, belt pockets and the studs on the thigh/arm bands. Nice black gloss o the ear pieces and black areas to him

The Bats.. I dunno if I have this color version. Looks great. Love the dull black and the grey - no purp tint to it. But the inner part of the cape has the blue from previous color version. The outside is black but the inside does not match it.

ENJOY!!!

Post subject: Re: GOTs the Mongul with some pics
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:14 am 
5" Scale

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:03 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Mongul really does look terrific. Great sculpt, great paints...wow!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:37 pm 
Damage Control

The_Donster wrote:
Nice pictures, thanks for sharing :D

no problem. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:24 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
DisneyBoy wrote:

Actually even though you can't pick and choose a set, the paint apps on Mongul are just as good/bad as past JLU figures (or atleast mine is.) But they ARE minor, he is still awesome... I just thought I would give an FYI for y'all :wink: :)

oh and nice pics Asiatic Prince :)

D.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:34 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Mongol looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing. BTW, do these lastest JLU figs come with the customary white mailer box from matty?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:47 am 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
oehtam wrote:
Mongol looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing. BTW, do these lastest JLU figs come with the customary white mailer box from matty?

No Mattel cheaped way out, they send the figure in a blank brown box with the figure pack. Also Mongul is Sold Out now, Ebay may be the only route (unless someone on here has an extra... sorry.)

D.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:21 am 
Cold-cast

Dusty wrote:
oehtam wrote:

No Mattel cheaped way out, they send the figure in a blank brown box with the figure pack. Also Mongul is Sold Out now, Ebay may be the only route (unless someone on here has an extra... sorry.)

D.

Yeah, they cheaped out & digital river does not even add any packing material when shipping.This insures that the three pack card slides around & gets all bent up before it arrives to your house! Idiots!

You know there were some people preselling these on ebay. I wonder how they felt when they had to explain to the buyer that the card was damaged?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:09 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Dusty wrote:
D.

Clayface wrote:
Yeah, they cheaped out & digital river does not even add any packing material when shipping.This insures that the three pack card slides around & gets all bent up before it arrives to your house! Idiots!

You know there were some people preselling these on ebay. I wonder how they felt when they had to explain to the buyer that the card was damaged?

Thanks for the reply....Man, that sucks, I live in Germany and I'm a little concern with the condition of the packaging when I do order in December . I don't collect JLU (or any figures for that matter), but I'm really anxious to get my hands on Dr. Destiny's figure come December (loved his appearance on Sandman) and want to get an extra to display MOMC.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:26 am 
Brand Manager

Dusty wrote:
DisneyBoy wrote:

Actually even though you can't pick and choose a set, the paint apps on Mongul are just as good/bad as past JLU figures (or atleast mine is.) But they ARE minor, he is still awesome... I just thought I would give an FYI for y'all :wink: :)

oh and nice pics Asiatic Prince :)

D.

Yup, my Mongul had better paint apps than some of my previous Matty purchases; so there's still some "luck of the draw" involved with these figures. I figure that, in terms of quality, things are no different from years past.

BTW, Detective Batman (which looks very good) was a nice surprise. And since I didn't have this particular version... I thought of it as a nice tradeoff on my shipping expense. Had the same experience with Destroyer Darkseid in that I was buying the set for Kalibak, but ended up with these more recent Darkseid/Batman versions, as my de facto display figures for those characters. So in my mind, it doesn't feel like I paid $35 dollars for Mongul. Nope, it's more as if I paid $27.01 for him and $7.99 for the Batman figure.

(Math, it's a wonderful thing!) :P

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:47 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Clayface wrote:

Mine had plenty of the brown paper in the box, so your milage may vary.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:36 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

Yay, Mongul sold out!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:47 am 
5" Scale

jzachery wrote:
Yay, Mongul sold out!

I don't think that word means what you think it means. This is Matty after all :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:05 pm 
Cold-cast

The_Donster wrote:
jzachery wrote:
Yay, Mongul sold out!

I don't think that word means what you think it means. This is Matty after all :lol:

I think this one actually did sell out. Well except for what they kept around for exchanges.

Jim_Abell wrote:
Clayface wrote:

Mine had plenty of the brown paper in the box, so your milage may vary.

I'm a state away from you. Figure they would have thrown at least some brown packing paper in my box. :roll: Just like everything when dealing with the idiots at digital river..... Luck of the draw.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:17 pm 
serves the Otter

Luckily my Package was in MINT condition, Then again I DID pay 40.70! But still they only packed a single 2 foot sheet of brown packing paper inside... What?!?... Matty you've got some splainin to do... seriously though, I was lucky. But, lol... Ironically I don't keep all my stuff MOC, I popped Mongul and Co. right out. My Mongul's paint is pretty good, but Batman and WW... bleghh. Batman has a crooked Bat-insignia, and a badly painted cowl, boots, and trunks, WW has no eyelashes and other Paint issues all over. So yeah while I am super happy/grateful about having Mongul... Mattel totally cheaped out and it has left a very bad taste in my mouth. I am still sad JLU is ending... but at the same time I will be happy to not have to spend loads of money on poor quality and cruddy service. Sorry everyone I suppose I am just not a true Blue JLU believer/collector... :( ;)

D.