Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: So who picked up the 8" Batman today?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:45 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I know it was out of scale with, well everything, but the hidden articulation and a slightly more detailed figure sold me on it.

Anybody else bite on this?

Oh and kudos to the site store. I only had the holding pattern for maybe a minute, and I was in and out with no problem.

Post subject: Re: So who picked up the 8" Batman today?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:02 am 
Cold-cast

I broke down and bought it, though I'm not really sure why (other than my love for all things Batman). Their Dark Knight movie offerings on Mattycollector have been particularly shabby of late. Really low quality. I passed on the SDCC exclusive because that figure looked particularly terrible.

On the other hand, I'm loving what they are doing with the Movie Masters line. The overall quality of that line is great and the C+C bat signal is awesome. Why couldn't they offer a MM Nurse Joker, Talia, League of Shadows soldier, Batcave display, collector case, or Bat vehicle on Mattycollector? Why waste time and money with the new tooling and goofy "endoskeletal articulation" when you can give fans what they really want. If I remember correctly all of the previously released MM stuff that was offered on Matty sold out in a day.

Post subject: Re: So who picked up the 8" Batman today?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:30 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I figured that the 8" scale would have turned people away. But I don't have scale requirements for my collection. Plus the endoskeleton thing might catch on so getting one of the first ones might be nice.

I do think the Batsignal is a brilliant idea. I hope Mattel realizes this and continues to put out great collectivles like this.