Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: SEPTEMBER 17th - JLU Vandal Savage 3-pack
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:56 am 
Cold-cast

Mattel is systematically eliminating their collector fan base. JLU, YJ, Action League...all gone. I guess moms and kids don't visit action figure collector forums very much. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:11 pm 
Cold-cast

batfink wrote:
Mattel is systematically eliminating their collector fan base. JLU, YJ, Action League...all gone. I guess moms and kids don't visit action figure collector forums very much. :wink:

+1 lol

tanglevine wrote:
As they are winding down this line, the only grand regrets that I wish they would have gotten to are Granny, Chronos and Cersi. To me, they each had a prominent story or storylines and areuch more deserving of figures than Firestorm, Cyborg or Plastic Man, none of whom ever showed up on the show.

Well Plastic Man was mentioned in one of the episodes. Pretty sure it was the Booster Gold episode. Elongated Man wanted to do something & GL was like " Plastic man is over there & we only need one stretchy guy " Or maybe he just insinuated it was PM, or something like that. So I didn't mind that they released a figure of him.

But yeah, I could have done without Cyborg, Apache Chief, Samurai, Black Lightning, Disco Braniac, etc..... Any character that was not on the show. But I'm sure many people will disagree with us on this.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:14 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

batfink wrote:
Mattel is systematically eliminating their collector fan base. JLU, YJ, Action League...all gone. I guess moms and kids don't visit action figure collector forums very much.

Nah, it's the fact that there is and never will be any more JLU news on the site. That's what the big draw of the forum seemed to be before the line ended (remember how many JLU threads we used to have?) and that's over now. It was bound to happen when the line eventually DID end and I can't fault Mattel for bowing out when they did when they managed to get the last figures to us. All action figures lines end at some point. I don't blame Mattel for that.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:11 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

We should start a goodbye party thread at some point before everyone vanishes! Just a silly place to reminisce and say our goodbyes. I feel like a number of people migrated here from Toonzone, and now with these final packs out, they're going to disperse to the wind and never be in one place again.

Quote:
But yeah, I could have done without Cyborg, Apache Chief, Samurai, Black Lightning, Disco Braniac, etc..... Any character that was not on the show.

I'm with you there. I couldn't wrap my head around those character choices at all.

Quote:
I think Future Superman is a waste of a slot. With precious few slots left, they use a new head sculpt on yet another Superman. Of course, the next man's mileage may vary.

I like that there's a new Superman face sculpt, and this guy IS terrific fodder for customs, but yeah...I agree that Superman really needed a redo in terms of his size and his sculpt (face in particular). It's sad that with so many interesting Superman designs from the various shows, only three real ones will have existed in this line - Normal Supes, JLU Beyond Supes and now this guy.

...look I still think they might make a Granny at some point. Call me crazy, but I have a feeling. Others? Probably not. But to reiterate:

A Granny/Volcana/S:TAS Aquaman three pack would be terrific :)

And obviously, I'd love to see...

....wait for it...

HIPPOLYTAAAAAA!

But I'm happy to see these last guys come out. Wow, come 2013...it'll all be over... :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:33 pm 
Cold-cast

Clayface wrote:
But yeah, I could have done without Cyborg, Apache Chief, Samurai, Black Lightning, Disco Braniac, etc..... Any character that was not on the show. But I'm sure many people will disagree with us on this.
DisneyBoy wrote:
I'm with you there. I couldn't wrap my head around those character choices at all.

I understand why they did it, Mattel was trying to be nostalgic & make the challenge of the superfriends & Super Powers characters in JLU form. Dumb idea IMO. Those were peg warmers in my area. They should have used those spots for actual JLU characters that were in the show. There are so many more that needed to be made. Not Timm style versions of old cartoon characters. Like I said, I'm sure some people will disagree with us., To me those figures were a waste of plastic.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:36 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

So Julius....when can we see those figure reviews??
:D :D :D

Post subject: Re: SEPTEMBER 17th - JLU Vandal Savage pack
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:24 pm 
Collector Inspector

Super Shaft wrote:
Thank God it's over, these figures are great and I love them, but what a hassle it has been. Farewell JLU and see you in Hell Mattel.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:28 pm 
Collector Inspector

The_Donster wrote:
I noticed that too. Where has everyone gone?

While I obviously can only speak for myself, JLU and the DCD Batman Black & Whites are the only things I have been collecting for a while now. I was hanging in with DCU until they started getting too expensive and difficult to find, so I scrapped that. Money I would have spent is being funneled into my guitars and associated equipment. Growing up? Maybe...but I hope not. In any case, come Dec, it'll be adios Mattel for me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:30 am 
Brand Manager

j1h15233 wrote:
Shellhead wrote:
Man, what are you guys gonna talk about once it's all over in a couple months?

Half the board's gonna disappear! :lol:

And I probably would have bought one if it had included Ocean Master. Still ticked Black Manta never got to appear on the show (although Devilfish was a worthy substitute).

Half the board is already gone.

The_Donster wrote:
I noticed that too. Where has everyone gone?

I guess I'm the only one who noticed the Vortex Banner Thingie, then tuned in to Watch JLU on the CW in High-Definition!!! ...And then went to Marchalls and bought the Kalibak/Destroyer-Darkseid Two-Pack for $12.99!!!

Just sayin'... the Magic was Back!!!

And Mattel is really dumb for not turning JLU into a Discount Brand and/or merging it with GLTAS so that we can get Atrocitus, Zox & Kilowog in the JLU scale. (The only catch is that they need to redo Hal Jordan in the 4.75 and scrap the one they did in the 3.5 scale.)

Again just sayin'...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:02 pm 
AFA Graded

Tomorrow people. Wake up.
You snooze, you loose.

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:31 pm 
serves the Otter

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
Tomorrow people. Wake up.
You snooze, you loose.

Not likely, since the others didn't sell out within a day. We'll probably have most of this week to take our time and buy it when we feel like it. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:51 am 
declined to be a vampire

For the first time in a long time I really want these action figures. But I just can't bring myself to pay 30 bucks + shipping for them. I just dont' feel they are worth it :(

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:00 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Bunger43 wrote:
For the first time in a long time I really want these action figures. But I just can't bring myself to pay 30 bucks + shipping for them. I just dont' feel they are worth it :(

I know what you mean, realistically they're not worth $30, the plastic is cheap and they are mostly re-used parts, but... this close to the end, if you still have the rest of your JLU collection and enjoy it, then they are a great addition before there are no more figures.

I think that collecting JLU has been a bit like when you've been following a tv show since the start... the first few seasons got you hooked, the middle ones dropped off a bit but the final season is back to form and you've been with it this long you might as well see it to the end.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:56 am 
shirtless hugger

The price is steep, yes. But I just factor in all the gas I used up visiting Targets dozens of times vainly trying to find figures. I'd much rather pay a premium and get them shipped to me without having to hunt. The fruitless searching was just miserable.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:07 am 
Wonderdog

red Ricky wrote:
...And then went to Marchalls and bought the Kalibak/Destroyer-Darkseid Two-Pack for $12.99!!!

:shock: Really? When was that? :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next