Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: YJ SB/MM pre sale prediction:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:15 pm 
4" scale

Yes, I wish action figures were cheaper. I wish gas was $1.50/gallon too. Not to mention being able to go to the movies for $4/person. Those days are long gone.

This set was expensive. However, I'm sure Mattel factored for the low demand for it. Now the question is, given that the demand was much lower than they had hoped for, how many of us would still have bought this set if it was being sold in the $70-$90 range?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:18 pm 
Cold-cast

Clayface, don't even get me started on the mistakes Mattel made with JLU. I can definitely see with all of the poor distribution, missed opportunities and mistakes Mattel made would make some people more inclined to give their money to customizers rather than Mattel. I totally agree with you that Mattel has jerked the fans around somewhat and has left us all a bit bitter. I do have to give props to Toyguru for continuously pitching JLU until the execs agreed to release the last wave.

I feel bad for the YJ fans because they won't get the satisfaction of having their collections completed. The JLU runaround kept me away from committing to YJ, and I only wound up buying Batman and Robin. Thank god for that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:25 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I'm kinda shocked they got almost 75% of the goal.

I bet a year from now, we'll have some good news about Ms. Martian.

Superboy . . . not so much.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:37 pm 
Cold-cast

batfink wrote:
Clayface, don't even get me started on the mistakes Mattel made with JLU. I can definitely see with all of the poor distribution, missed opportunities and mistakes Mattel made would make some people more inclined to give their money to customizers rather than Mattel. I totally agree with you that Mattel has jerked the fans around somewhat and has left us all a bit bitter. I do have to give props to Toyguru for continuously pitching JLU until the execs agreed to release the last wave.

I feel bad for the YJ fans because they won't get the satisfaction of having their collections completed. The JLU runaround kept me away from committing to YJ, and I only wound up buying Batman and Robin. Thank god for that.

I spoke my mind on all this. I guess let's just enjoy the fact that we are getting these last JLU figures. For those of them that want them, it is exciting to get them. I don't think I have ever been as excited to get a figure as I was Mongul. I couldn't wait for the mail to arrive. Still don't exactly agree with what I paid for him....lol

As for the YJ line. I really enjoy the toon. But I guess that I am not the die hard fan of the toys either. I picked most of the 4" up at walmart. But only because they were on markdown for $1.50 each. I still need the last wave with Green lantern, Superman & Artemis. Plus I never got the Rhas Al Ghul, & Aquaman 2 pack. They are sitting at my Toys R Us by the boatload & I'm waiting for them to get marked down. I am not a die hard enough fan to buy those preorder 6" figures at any cost? If they were cheaper, it would be different. But I'm a bad example as a buyer for the YJ line, I guess. But it does sound like this is not the end of YJ characters in some form from Mattel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:39 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Shellhead wrote:
I'm kinda shocked they got almost 75% of the goal.

That was very surprizing seeing that...