Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: MAJOR MATTEL PRODUCT DUMP AT OLLIES
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:27 pm 
ABS

I picked up the DC Superfriends Hawkman and Robin. I debated the Christopher Reeves Superman just because it was so cool. It was pretty cool to actually have a reason to stop at a store and do some toy hunting. I've stopped since JLU died as an in store line. There's just nothing out there that interests me as a DC fan.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:42 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

I just saw a Darkseid/Kalibak JLU pack at Marshall's for $12.99. Didn't pick it up but I thought it was an interesting find.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:41 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I picked up the Green vested Joker and the Gotham Thug Joker. Thanks for the tip!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:23 pm 
MINT!

Are there still good selections in these stores? I may make the 3hr trip to one in ohio this weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:29 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Ollie's in my area has a huge stock of the figures mentioned. The only thing I didn't see was the animal man 3 pack. Everything else was there in abundance.

I went to one Marshall's today because it was at the mall 2 minutes away. I didn't see any JLU at Marshall's but they did have the 6 inch YJ figures marked down to $10. Not many in stock either.

The Ollie's store definitely has much more quantity of product than Marshall's.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:03 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Found the Cheetah variant, Martian Manhunter regular and variant, and Jemm, who is plenty in stock. Didn't see any of the Nekron wave, which makes me jealous of those of you who did.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:19 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

BobaFetish wrote:
Found the Cheetah variant, Martian Manhunter regular and variant, and Jemm, who is plenty in stock. Didn't see any of the Nekron wave, which makes me jealous of those of you who did.

Cheetah variant? Which one, modern, Super Powers or modern(nude) versions?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:42 pm 
Collector Inspector

I found a JLU Darkseid/ Kalibak 2-pack at Marshall's. Now, that was weird. I've never seen a Mattycollector item in a store before.

I was waaay out in the suburbs and I found a Tuesday Morning that had a Classic Cheetah and about 6 Jemms.

I really wish I had a Ollies around. I need some of this stuff!

I begin to faint every time I see a giant pile of YJ 6-inch Red Arrows for $10. I paid like $24 for every single on of those figures. That line is a black cloud on my collection.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:07 pm 
Fugitive Dust

funtime3 wrote:
I found a JLU Darkseid/ Kalibak 2-pack at Marshall's. Now, that was weird. I've never seen a Mattycollector item in a store before.

Definitely will check out my local Marshall's, hoping maybe if Kalibak 2-pack is there then so are Parademons 2-packs!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:58 pm 
active in the community

funtime3 wrote:

I was waaay out in the suburbs and I found a Tuesday Morning that had a Classic Cheetah and about 6 Jemms.

I really wish I had a Ollies around. I need some of this stuff!

I begin to faint every time I see a giant pile of YJ 6-inch Red Arrows for $10. I paid like $24 for every single on of those figures. That line is a black cloud on my collection.

Yeah Tuesday Morning has had DCUC for a while. Gordmans also had some. So did TJMaxx/Marshalls.
I wish I had an Ollies!
Did they have any other DCIH??? The only one I want is the Trickster/Heatwave/Flash set. TJMaxx/Marshalls had them at one point.
Their price on YJ 4.25 inch figures is a bit high. Ross has some for… I want to say $5.99 or around there.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:08 am 
Collector Inspector

The Tuesday Morning closest to my house has one Martian Manhunter. They actually also have three DCIH Alex Luthors but I think that's a fluke because they have been pretty extinct around here for awhile.

When the DCIH packs were hitting Marshalls way back in the day, I could only find one Trickster/Heatwave/Flash pack and I passed it on to a fellow collector here on the board. I found one Parallax pack, a couple Renegade packs, many Animal Man and Harbinger packs. A few of those I bought. I found one Superman/Supergirl/Wondergirl I'm now kicking myself for not buying because now I need them.

Later today , I might check out a few more Marshalls and Tuesday Mornings and see what's out there.

I'd love to find some more DCIH at discount. I wonder if the Mattel outlet store is still sitting on piles of them and they haven't released them into the wild.

I really need to remember to check Gordman's too. I have Gordman's in my area. I just don't have Meijer's and Ollie's and Big Lots so I miss out on stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:26 pm 
active in the community

funtime3 wrote:
I really need to remember to check Gordman's too. I have Gordman's in my area. I just don't have Meijer's and Ollie's and Big Lots so I miss out on stuff.

Meijer isn't a discount chain though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:18 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Has anyone seen Lobo and/or the Adam Strange 3-pack at this Ollies place? And if so how much were they? Thanks, :)

D.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:49 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Would anyone who has an Ollie's mind picking up the superfriends Robin and Hawkman for me? I'll send a MO...please

mr.mikeconner@gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:05 am 
Displays Backwards

There's a small chain of closeout stores in New York called Lot Less, but it doesn't have any of the DCUC or JLU products. However, it does have plenty of Green Lantern movie figures :lol: