Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Here's some interesting news for JLU fans...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:38 pm 
Daniel Pickett

http://www.superherohype.com/news/31560 ... ma-in-2015

Post subject: Re: Here's some interesting news for JLU fans...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:12 pm 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Thanks Daniel for sharing. First thing I thought of was the justice lords because they said a darker version of the league or the league from the Injustice game.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:59 pm 
Damage Control

Thanks, Daniel. I'd not have known about this otherwise.

That article would be more forthcoming if it actually explained what the hell "Machinima" is. I understand these will be "digital" episodes. But that can mean a great many things. How will these be distributed? Free? Subscription?

C.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:52 am 
Aspires to be #1

Thought it was the interviews...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:20 am 
Variant Head

So theres a rumor that they are making a sequel to JL Crisis on two earths ? Man that would be awesome I for one LOVED that movie !

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:14 am 
Daniel Pickett

Machima is a website... I think they started at a video game review website back in the day but then they converted to a pop culture/content generating website several years ago.

They kind of made a name a few years back when they secured the rights to one of the last Battlestar Galactica movies. They broke it up in to 10-12 parts and put up a new piece every other day. Then after they were done premiering all of the episodes/pieces THEN SyFy showed it in it's entirety several week later.

D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:14 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

j1h15233 wrote:
Thought it was the interviews...

This, this, 1000x THIS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:59 pm 
Brand Manager

I think the series (or is it 3 episodes?), will be based on the Movie. Don't think it's a sequel to Co2E, since it's a different cast. And they are ditching Wally & John in favor of Barry & Hal, so it's not more of the ol'e Justice League Unlimited. Here's what we know...

Justice League: Gods and Monsters

On July 2014, as part of the San Diego Comic-Con, DC Comics announced Justice League: Gods and Monsters for a 2015 release. The movie, set to feature an original plot, will be written by Alan Burnett and directed by Sam Liu. Along with the film, a three-part animated series will be released on Machinima with Bruce Timm as an executive producer. The Gods and Monsters Chronicles series will "explore a newly conceived reality in the DC Universe where Justice League members Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are much darker versions of the Super Heroes that people think they know".

Cast includes Kevin Conroy as Bruce Wayne/Batman Susan Eisenberg as Diana Prince/Wonder Women George Newbern as Clark Kent/Superman Charlie Schlatter as Barry Allen/Flash Josh Keaton as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern Carl Lumbly as J'onn J'onzz/Martian Manhunter.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:46 pm 
MINT!

Frankly, I'm sick to death of all this "Darker Take" crap that everyone seems to be going for.

It will be nice to have Charlie Schlatter back as the Flash. The Spectacular one himself coming back to do Green Lantern again doesn't suck either.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:15 am 
Collector Inspector

Quote:
Frankly, I'm sick to death of all this "Darker Take" crap that everyone seems to be going for.

You're not alone. But that seems to be all DC wants to do anymore. Bizarrely, I've gone to Marvel for anything lighthearted (movies, comics, animated series, etc.).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:40 am 
Wonderdog

Bryan Long wrote:
Quote:

You're not alone. But that seems to be all DC wants to do anymore. Bizarrely, I've gone to Marvel for anything lighthearted (movies, comics, animated series, etc.).

Agreed. They are both pretty terrible with this stuff but Marvel is marginally better. Both companies seem to be hell-bent on bringing back the worst of the 90s. Only MORE EXTREME!

...between the 'grimness' and having 1000 books (most, if not all, of them terrible) for every character or team, I've just about given up on the big 2. If you had told me at age 12 that at age 40 I'd still be reading comics, but not reading any X-Men comics, I'd have laughed at you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:13 am 
Resin

I'm with Ed Case and Thresher. I'm sick of all the "dark takes" on these iconic characters. It gets old real quick. And it does indeed feel like all the worst of the 1990's (thank you SO much, Bob Harras).

The only titles I'm reading from DC are the Green Lantern titles, and I'm not sure how much longer I'll be doing that, because they seemed to least affected by the New 52, and the only Marvel titles holding my interest for now are Nightcrawler and the forthcoming Guardians 3000.

Any other comics I'm reading are coming from other companies. At least IDW has got Larry Hama doing a G.I. Joe title, so they know how to treat their licenses.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:19 am 
Variant Head

Lol the worst of the 90s too true. I was just thinking this the other day and I BARELY read current comics just from stuff posted on sites and Facebook. Like the Futures end thing with DC sounds a lot like what Image did where they jumped ahead a bunch of issues and if I recall those issues did not count in the end. All this non sense makes me miss Batman Brave and the Bold so much cause it seems like they have 0 interest in making something that may appeal to both adults and kids.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:04 pm 
Cold-cast

Really hope DCC makes some figures out of this. In Timm we trust!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:28 am 
MINT!

PBateman wrote:
All this non sense makes me miss Batman Brave and the Bold so much cause it seems like they have 0 interest in making something that may appeal to both adults and kids.

YES!!! Exactly. I realize it wasn't for everybody, but for my money, Batman Brave and the Bold was the most valid interpretation of both Batman in particular and the DC Universe in general I have ever seen. They could skirt the lines between funny and serious, light and dark, adult and kiddie like nobody before or since. That's the kind of stuff they should be emulating.