Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Mattel's DC Super Friends 2007-2009 toy line
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:34 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I'm in the process of collecting this line of figures and vehicles. I think that I have completed it, except....I'm not sure what figures were actually produced toward the end of the line.
Mainly I am referring to the Modern Armor Aquaman that is pictured on the back of some of the cards. I have never seen this one, anywhere, but I just need comformation as to it's exsistance...
And also I've read in forums about a Joker figure from ToyFare 2009 ( I think... ). Was this ever produced??? Or is it possible that maybe only a few of each were??? :shock:
I have all the other figures, and their variants...even the Flash variant that wasn't easy to come by. But the AquaSub was by far the hardest ( and most exspensive ) to acquire. :D
If someone could please help me figure this out, it would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Need to finish so I can move on to my next collection!

Thanks in advance!!!

Post subject: Re: Mattel's DC Super Friends 2007-2009 toy line
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:20 pm 
shirtless hugger

DC Superfriends

Here is what I have, I only picked up the Batman ones, and I think the “Orange” Batman is the only one of them I don’t have.

There were two different size Bat Logos used, check out the Batman in the left rear and compare it to the others.

My First Batmobile

With the Wings and Jet Engine popped out.

I don’t think The Joker was ever made but I do recall talk about it. Maybe it would have been a Matty Exclusive like Robin was.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:28 pm 
Brand Manager

I LOVED this line ! I cant understand why they did not keep it going with simple repaints like wave 2 could have been Bizarro (new head different colors), Sinestro (New head,new paint), Riddler, (New head and paint) and maybe repacks of Supes and Bats ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:16 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

A photo of Joker was shown at SDCC or in Toy Fair images but he was never tooled. Remember people asking about him when the Robin and Hawkman were released through Matty and that was the answer given as to why we couldn't get him. There were two versions of Hawkman released, one at retail and one through Matty. I've asked about the "modern" Aquaman myself and never gotten any kind of response.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:20 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Thanks for all the replies so far!!! I was hoping that I'd be able to get them somehow...
But I didn't get my hopes too high. Who knows, maybe one day some former Mattel employee
will post one online for sale.
I guess now its on to my next project which will be taking some of my loose figures from this
line and start making some custom figures!!! I'm thinking of doing the Bat family first; Nightwing, Red Hood, Red Robin, and a Damian Robin!!! Hopefully a Batgirl too...if I can find a suitable female from the Rescue Heroes line.
I'll post some pics soon of my set, and thanks again for the replies!!!

P.S....if anyone has some nice customs of this line, let me know!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:45 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

kal_el_white wrote:
Hopefully a Batgirl too...if I can find a suitable female from the Rescue Heroes line.

From what I remember, there were only three unique female scultps in that line, all of which would require some heavy duty dremeling to get to a Batgirl from any of them. Might be better to start with Robin as a female base, would still require a good deal of work but I would think it would be far easier adding elements to the figure than trying to remove bulky boots, belts and cuffs.

Quote:
P.S....if anyone has some nice customs of this line, let me know!!!

VeeBee at the Fwoosh made a fantastic Blue Beetle and Toyfare magazine commissioned some great customs for an article, I remember Power Girl and Question off the top of my head - I'm sure the pics are out in cyberspace if you look. There was an fireman figure in Rescue Heroes with a mustache and no helmet that I always thought would be good for Commissioner Gordon and there was a Robin Hood in the short lived Adventure Heroes line which could make a nice base for Green Arrow.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:24 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

FlaBat wrote:
DC Superfriends

Here is what I have, I only picked up the Batman ones, and I think the “Orange” Batman is the only one of them I don’t have.

I have one I was going to sell if you still need him..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:54 am 
shirtless hugger

I would like him just to have them all, but I don't have the funds now. I hope to have a new job starting in a couple weeks.