Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Matty JLU GUY GARDNER 3-pack October 15th release
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:36 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Ugh didn't know that was an issue Jim. Thanks for the heads up. I just HATE that it takes nearly two weeks for USPS to get it to me. :(

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject: Re: Matty JLU GUY GARDNER 3-pack October 15th release
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:30 am 
Cold-cast

PBateman wrote:
Ok I check this thread for one sole reason to see if the pack sold out! The people going back and forth need to simply drop it lets go back to the AFI glory days of JLU talk!

No has not hit the proverbial " sold out " yet

jamiwa3 wrote:
I really prefer the BTAS look of the characters before they redesigned them later. The Scarecrow's redesign was far more interesting, but I think he was the only improvement. I would have really liked a BTAS Catwoman, and bonus points if they gave her a swappable Selina Kyle head (like STRIPE, or the Voltron Force figures).

Oh, I get what you are saying now. It's not that you thought mattel did a bad job with the sculpt or anything. You just never really cared for the look of TNBA in general. When those episodes first aired & I saw some of the villians, I was kind of like WTF are they thinking?!?!?! But as I watched them a couple of times, they grew on me. I don't really mind the new designs & some are even better, like Scarecrow as you mentioned. Bane is another that really comes to mind for me. The old Bane in BTAS looked terrible to me. I think if they would have kept his mouth covered like in the comics he would have been alright. So to me, TNBA Bane was an improvement. I thought he looked pretty good with all the spikes & new mask. Too bad mattel did a bad job on the figures of these two by making them way too short. I'm still going to try that leg swap with a Kenner Nightwing like someone had a thread about here. Just haven't got around to it yet. Wish there was a fix for Scarecrow

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10