Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Matty 10/15/12: How'd it go for you?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:29 am 
Knows his stuff

Bryan, thank you so much for volunteering to help.

Backward Galaxy, my wife ended up ordering me the Guy Gardner 3-pack from home, without incident. Bryan suggested my workplace may have some kind of security block that kept my order attempts from going through. If you're at work, you may have something like that working against you as well, so try again from home (or even a smartphone). Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:36 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Big Bad Voodoo Lou wrote:
Bryan, thank you so much for volunteering to help.

Backward Galaxy, my wife ended up ordering me the Guy Gardner 3-pack from home, without incident. Bryan suggested my workplace may have some kind of security block that kept my order attempts from going through. If you're at work, you may have something like that working against you as well, so try again from home (or even a smartphone). Good luck!

I suppose it's possible. I have ordered the other 3-packs from work, but maybe it's a new thing. I do work for a major corporation at a data center, so it wouldn't shock me if their security system is messing with something.

Thanks for the help. I will try again at home.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:10 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

I am so pissed I'm ready to just drop Mattel. All I wanted from the DC Subscription ince it was announced was the Poison Ivy. I had her in my cart at 12:02 and then for the next 20 minutes I was stuck in the high volume 5 second refresh page. Then when it finally gave me the check out page I got 4 unreadable "code" pages. Then the 5th one I was able to read and type in only to get we're sorry but Poison Ivy is now out of stock. Again she was the one DC figure I wanted when they offered the subscription only to not get her. Sad part is I knew back then this was going to happen.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:35 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

Just as I feared, getting the white screen of death as the site was processing my order resulted in duplicate orders. At over $100 each transaction, Matty would bankrupt me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:50 pm 
Displays Backwards

PJ wrote:
I am so pleepled I'm ready to just drop Mattel. All I wanted from the DC Subscription ince it was announced was the Poison Ivy. I had her in my cart at 12:02 and then for the next 20 minutes I was stuck in the high volume 5 second refresh page. Then when it finally gave me the check out page I got 4 unreadable "code" pages. Then the 5th one I was able to read and type in only to get we're sorry but Poison Ivy is now out of stock. Again she was the one DC figure I wanted when they offered the subscription only to not get her. Sad part is I knew back then this was going to happen.

I think the sadder part is that this seems to be what Mattel wants to happen. They love immediate sell-outs! Why couldn't they just have made more? It's just a huge turn off all around. I'm sorry you missed it, hopefully you can find it at a decent price if you still want it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:02 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Frosta is almost gone, but Battle Armor He-man has disappeared from the site. Weird.

I'm kinda surprised Rita's still hanging around. I guess Doom Patrol isn't that popular.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:33 pm 
5" Scale

Didn't go so great for me...it took 21 min to complete the transaction and I lost out on Poison Ivy in the process like many of you. I thought about adding a Rita instead but didn't want to prolong the agony any further (captcha passwords were giving me lots of trouble) so I just got Frosta and the JLU pack.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:37 pm 
ABS

Shellhead wrote:
I'm kinda surprised Rita's still hanging around. I guess Doom Patrol isn't that popular.

I'm shocked as well, especially considering that Mattel even lowered her price by $10 for the sale! If there was a single oversized figure from this year's DCIE that needed a $10 price break, it would have been Rocket Red not Elastigirl!

Oh well. I guess Matty will realize their error when they are still sitting on a boatload of Rocket Reds that they can't sell at the $45 price point (I doubt they would have even sold at Rita's $35 price point).

Are there any guesses as to if this is the new Day-Of-Sale DCIE oversized price? Will Lead be $35 or $45 when he's released in December?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:42 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

Wildcard wrote:
Just as I feared, getting the white screen of death as the site was processing my order resulted in duplicate orders. At over $100 each transaction, Matty would bankrupt me.

Digital River Customer "Service" is telling me they cannot cancel the duplicate orders (that was their site's own fault). All I can do is refuse shipment. Of course this means I will have to wait weeks before I get refunded the amount. There goes the entire paycheck!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:57 pm 
Resin

I hit the WSOD for about 15 minutes, got to the page for Elasti-Girl, then a bout 5 more minutes of WSOD, then clear sailing. I got one Elasti-Girl and a Guy Gardner JLU pack. I was surprised to see the WSOD again, but with variety of multiple offerings, I guess we should've expected it. I was happy, however, that "Rita" wasn't as popular as I thought she would be. I sympathize with the folks that missed out on Poison Ivy, as I was worried that the same thing would happen with me...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:47 pm 
Wonderdog

Missed out on Poison Ivy as well. Seriously, that was a character that was way too popular to be an online site exclusive, female figure or not.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:06 pm 
Cold-cast

you know i just don't get this logic. if there are people wanting to throw money at toy companies, why don't they want it? All toy companies pull this crap. Just freakin make more and let people preorder. Preorders solve so many problems. Scalpers for one and anyone who wants them gets them. I can understand if sitting product costs them money via digital river but then they can scale back the limit from 10 to 4. No one needs more than 4. TG always says this is to save european customers shipping. I say not at the cost of your US customers i.e. your bread and butter. They can make the preorders non refundable to lock in a commitment. Another thing i despise is variants. They were a cool concept a long time ago but in the ebay age they are nothing but a nightmare. They keep moaning about how there is no base, we don't buy enough, they have to produce a certain number. From these comments and several others there is demand, where's the supply?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:56 am 

Wildcard wrote:
Digital River Customer "Service" is telling me they cannot cancel the duplicate orders (that was their site's own fault). All I can do is refuse shipment. Of course this means I will have to wait weeks before I get refunded the amount. There goes the entire paycheck!

I know the feeling as this happened to me once. I called literally 1 minute after the orders were placed. The nimrod on the phone said they can't change the order & I should just refuse the shipment. Then they will credit my card back when they get the merchandise. So I told them to just cancel everything I bought because I don't want any of it after this. They couldn't do that either. Stuff was going to my PO box so it's automatically accepted. I just ended up keeping everything I bought & selling the extras on ebay when they became in demand again. Digital River is one of the worst companies that I have ever dealt with!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:11 am 
Wonderdog

Zim wrote:
I have always wondered if the WSOD prefers windows over macs.

Can't speak to that, since all I have at home and work are Macs, but I'm pretty sure that it likes Explorer and Chrome way better than it likes Safari. When I forget to boot up one of those browsers and try to make the purchase with Safari, I ALWAYS have problems. Oddly, the thing that works best for me is my iPhone. I still got the WSOD but it was only for a few seconds, and I got in and out with Ivy, Rita and Guy in a reasonable amount of time. I hated seeing that effing screen again, though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:40 am 

Clayface wrote:
Wildcard wrote:

I know the feeling as this happened to me once. I called literally 1 minute after the orders were placed. The nimrod on the phone said they can't change the order & I should just refuse the shipment. Then they will credit my card back when they get the merchandise. So I told them to just cancel everything I bought because I don't want any of it after this. They couldn't do that either. Stuff was going to my PO box so it's automatically accepted. I just ended up keeping everything I bought & selling the extras on ebay when they became in demand again. Digital River is one of the worst companies that I have ever dealt with!

What kind of company can't cancel orders? I've never even heard of such a thing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next