Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: For those of you who did not purchase the sub for 2013
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:19 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Van Statten wrote:
I never understood censoring words... we're all adults unless you're insulting someone maliciously... but then do we care if we have under age members? Without sounding creepy.... do we have under age members? Or do some of you check the forum with your kids in tow?

MOD- Yes, we do have members that read the forum with their kids.

The discussion reminds me of this scene from Big Trouble...

Do we need to break this discussion off to it's own thread?...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:45 am 
PVC

is there a check list of what had been announced so far?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:21 am 
5" Scale

Thanks to this member for posting the pic:

Batwasp wrote:
On TNI.com they have a picture of the release dates up to September,but missing a August release.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:35 pm 
MINT!

August is Flashpoint Plastic Man :P

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:23 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Ugh, so that's the confirmation on Red Hood being in the sub as opposed to the Batman Unlimited line. Don't get me wrong, I actually like the figure, but that slot could have been used for a MUCH better character we desperately need. Put Red Hood in Batman Unlimited, Matty!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:48 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Jim_Abell wrote:
The_Donster wrote:
I know, right? What the Scooby Doo, Fraggle Rockin' Fred Flinstone is going on when you censor your boards. If you are going to do it, at least be cute about it and use Smurf or something. I was actually scratching my head on what word I used originally that turned into woggie :roll: Sorry Jim, not trying to bust your chops, but I've got to say it is amazing what slides and what is held accountable in the forum as of late. I definitely feel like there needs to be a signature left behind when a mod censors or alters a post :? I think this will cut down on some of the confusion when things like this happen.

MOD- Personally, when I manually go in and edit a post for language I normally leave behind a trail of red asterisks (*****) where the offending word or phrase has been replaced and I usually attempt to PM the poster about the changes and why. I admit that sometimes I'm lax about that as either I've made the change in a hurry and have to edit the quoted replies as well or I'm just not in the frame of mind to write a diplomatic message at that particular moment, though I think most of the time it should be more than obvious why changes were made. As to what is "sliding" and what is "held accountable", I think that has more to do with the fact that none of us has the time to read every post that's made at all times and if a post isn't reported we simply didn't see it.

And not to further derail this topic, but why is it an issue if certain words are censored? If you feel the need to use inappropriate language on here, then what does it say about your communication skills? I am certainly not thrilled about censoring anyone, but it's become clear that a few people don't understand how to control themselves. And, really, if you feel the need to drop f-bombs when talking about toys, then maybe you need to step back a bit.

As for the comment about "what slides and what is held accountable in the forum as of late", we're never going to make everyone happy with our decisions. But that's not necessarily our goal - rather, we are trying to provide a place that is fun and safe and (mostly) unburdened by the common offensive behavior that can discourage constructive discussion.

It's a fluid process, and we're doing our best to strike a fair balance. But as always, YMMV. :wink:

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews