Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Likelihood we see "Under the Red Hood" Jason Todd figure?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:42 am 
declined to be a vampire

Does he make it into the Batman Unlimited line?

He's probably my most wanted figure right now (right along side a correct size done Doomsday).

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

Post subject: Re: Likelihood we see "Under the Red Hood" Jason Todd figure
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:41 am 
Collector Inspector

Not a great chance. Maybe as good as a chance as Catman, but I feel Batman and DC Unlimited needs to sell well to make it possible. But I'd like to think we're getting more than just Batmans at retail.

The iconic Under The Red Hood (comic or movie) Jason Todd (with two swappable heads please ) is probably my most wanted figure as well. Top three personal wants at this point is Red Hood, Huntress, and Spoiler. But I don't see Spoiler getting made though, unless the sub has a long life.

I was really shocked by the DCIE Red Hood. Since characters get approved months and months ahead of time, I guess the Batman Incorporated Red Hood was the "current" costume at the time. I honestly can't decide of I'm going to even bother getting this version. It's a little goofy and flamboyant looking...okay, all costumes are flamboyant, but I'm just not digging that costume. I might get him if I can get him for super cheap.

I would be perfectly happy getting even a New52 Red Hood at retail in Batman Legacy. I don't see Mattel doing two Red Hoods in the subscription.

I'm winding down my DC 6-inch collecting, but I love the classic Red Hood costume. It's one of my last few wants. Put me down for one, Mattel!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:48 am 
declined to be a vampire

Agreed...no way we see two in the sub line. I guess I don't completely understand the reasoning of the sub. "Fan demanded" figures and that particular red hood design don't seem to go hand in hand (although there are some people who wanted him).

I don't post at many sites like this outside of this one, so maybe I'm wrong.

It just makes me sad :(

funtime3 wrote:
Not a great chance. Maybe as good as a chance as Catman, but I feel Batman and DC Unlimited needs to sell well to make it possible. But I'd like to think we're getting more than just Batmans at retail.

The iconic Under The Red Hood (comic or movie) Jason Todd (with two swappable heads please ) is probably my most wanted figure as well. Top three personal wants at this point is Red Hood, Huntress, and Spoiler. But I don't see Spoiler getting made though, unless the sub has a long life.

I was really shocked by the DCIE Red Hood. Since characters get approved months and months ahead of time, I guess the Batman Incorporated Red Hood was the "current" costume at the time. I honestly can't decide of I'm going to even bother getting this version. It's a little goofy and flamboyant looking...okay, all costumes are flamboyant, but I'm just not digging that costume. I might get him if I can get him for super cheap.

I would be perfectly happy getting even a New52 Red Hood at retail in Batman Legacy. I don't see Mattel doing two Red Hoods in the subscription.

I'm winding down my DC 6-inch collecting, but I love the classic Red Hood costume. It's one of my last few wants. Put me down for one, Mattel!

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:03 am 
Collector Inspector

That's why I said that, *after* the subscription ends, Mattel should try to take Pre-Orders for made-to-order fan-demanded figures and Higher-tooled figures (like Doomsday for example) for a higher price. And like Kickstarter, if they don't get enough Pre-Orders, it doesn't happen. A pretty harmless idea, but it didn't go over well with some people here. :?

I think the subscription is the place for fan-demanded characters but I think they've been messing up here and there and I'm afraid things like Doomsday, Granny Goodness and a real Red Hood are not going to happen.

But what do I know, maybe the majority of subscribers are really happy with what they're getting.