Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Nov. 15th JLU Blue Beetle Fire Booster Gold
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:58 am 
ABS

ed case wrote:
Maybe I'm crazy, but wasn't the Booster in this pack originally supposed to be a new variant? I'm remembering the one they showed at comic con being a semi-metallic yellow (but not straight-up gold like the original). What happened to that? Did I imagine it?

I don't think the Booster Gold shown at SDCC 2010 was semi-metallic yellow. It was just a straight repack of the cartoon acurate repaint.

I think what you may be remembering is that shortly after it was shown people were complaining that it felt cheap (considering that Booster Gold was being clearanced at Big Lots for about $2.50 at the time; and many thought it should include Skeets since some 3-packs and multipacks started getting accessories when this was premiered). Some collectors argued that there should be a paint variant for this Booster Gold to make him unique and the idea for the "Metallic Gold" Booster Gold came about. Scott's answer was that he will "look into it." That's about as far as it got.

At least this was my recollection of the events. Maybe someone else out there remembers better and can correct me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:13 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

At some point the Booster Gold in that pack was shown as a semi metalic repaint.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:28 pm 
Resin

No matter what paint he had, any release of Booster should have Skeets with him. How much could it really have cost mattel to throw Skeets in this 3 pack when it was being designed? Skeets was already tooled & molded

I do remember when I first got Booster Gold in the original 3 pack being irritated that he was first of all gold/black, but the fact he didn't come with Skeets was worse. Then they came out with him as a single with Skeets! Although he was silver. Disappointing, but a better. Finally the show accurate version was released much later with an accurate Skeets, also. Glad I only had to pay $2.50 for him at Big Lots.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:48 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Clayface wrote:
Kiyoshi wrote:
Almost Gone on Matty, wow that was fast.

Yeah if you actually believe that it is true :lol: Guy Gardner pack was marked " almost gone " just like this & they pulled it right before this pack was almost ready to come out. I don't think it was ever " almost gone "

Now that you mention it, have we ever seen Matty's birth certificate?

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.