Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Grayskull box art voting...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:05 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Anybody else gone to vote?... I knew going in that there were over 300 choices but I was amazed to see the movie characters that they don't (or maaaaayyyybeeee they do now) have the rights to like Karg and Lubic and to see Train-or and Mo-Larr were options as well as Songster.

Two questions for everyone...

One, what happened when you guys submitted?... It just seemed to reload the page for me, did anyone get a "thank you for voting" or some-such message when you submitted?...

Two, who did ya vote for?... Don't have to post until after the 25th when voting closes if you don't want to... I think I took a bit of a different direction with my votes. It thought it would be cool to have all of the faction leaders defending/attacking Grayskull. Went with Battle Armor He-Man, Battle Cat, She-Ra and Sorceress for the Grayskull side and Battle Armor Skeletor, Hordak, Flogg, King Hssss, Count Marzo and Mo-Larr as the attackers. I fully expect to see 5 each of the main heroes and villains, though, but I'm really hoping for some odd-ball choices to make the cut.

Post subject: Re: Grayskull box art voting...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:36 am 
An Insider

Yeah I had the same happen when I voted.
I voted for:

1. He-Man
2. Battlecat
3. King Grayskull
4. Battle Lion
5. Man-At-Arms
6. Skeletor
7. Panthor
8. King Hsss
9. Hordak
10. Beast Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:29 am 
ABS

Jim_Abell wrote:
...I was amazed to see the movie characters that they don't (or maaaaayyyybeeee they do now) have the rights to like Karg and Lubic.

Jim, Scott just answered the question about the Movie figures on the Matty forums today. Here was his reply:
ToyGuru wrote:
We can put them on the box as art but we can't make figures of them at at this time.
So therefore we still need to wait for the likes of Karg and Lubic in MOTUC. At least they can currently make Blade, Saurod, and Gwildor.

When I voted, I had to input my code about 6 times before it was accepted. I didn't get a "Thank you" screen or a "Your vote has been submitted screen." Instead, it just reset. The only way I knew my vote was accepted was that it would no longer accept my voting code after this attempt.

With my voting, I pretty much accepted that most people will pick He-Man and Skeletor, so I purposely left them off so that some of my other favorites could have a shot. I went for 5 heroes and 5 villains.

Heroes
1) Sorceress
2) She-Ra (I thought having the Twins of Power protecting Greyskull would be an awesome image)
3) Teela
4) Ram Man
5) Man-At-Arms

Villains
6) Evil-Lyn
7) Hordak
8 ) Beastman
9) Whiplash
10) TrapJaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:55 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Wow... that seems so odd that they can put them in the art without having rights...

EDIT: went back and tried again since I didn't get any sort of "finish" notice and got this message on a new page...

Quote:
Thanks for Voting. May the best characters win!