Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: JLU Blue Beetle ?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:05 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

But the packaging doesn't make sense either where my argument is concerned. I don't care if the package says Superman, but STAS Aquaman is there instead. And I don't see why anyone buying these packs would care either. Putting that figure in a pack would, in my humble opinion, actually increase the sales of that pack. Who cares if the wrong name is on the package if it makes them more money? I can't imagine Mattel would be upset about better sales. So, my thought is, if the figure fits in that spot and it doesn't cost them more money to physically create that figure as opposed to another Superman, then what's the difference?

BUT what I heard was that DC wouldn't want them to do it and they would have to get permission to release a deliberate error pack like that. I buy that over anything else.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:16 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

It's been said before but they could have left the Toyman/Superman/Aquaman pack alone and reworked the Guy Gardner pack to include Dr. Destiny and Firefly instead of Batman and Martian Manhunter.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:34 am 
5" Scale

whakojacko1976 wrote:
It's been said before but they could have left the Toyman/Superman/Aquaman pack alone and reworked the Guy Gardner pack to include Dr. Destiny and Firefly instead of Batman and Martian Manhunter.

It would have made MORE sense to just keep the six 3-packs as is and simply design a seventh 3 pack for Firefly/Dr. Destiny/Volcana. Since they had to create totally new packaging for the Toyman/Dr. Destiny/Firefly pack anyways it wouldn't have cost too much more. The only reason I can think of for why they didn't do it is that perhaps they thought it was too much of a financial risk. And since the last three 3 packs aren't selling as well as the first two did they may have been right.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:41 pm 
Knows his stuff

Fone Bone wrote:
whakojacko1976 wrote:

It would have made MORE sense to just keep the six 3-packs as is and simply design a seventh 3 pack for Firefly/Dr. Destiny/Volcana.

This.