Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: More Digital River/Matty hi-Jinx....
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:56 am 
Resin

I woke up to an email that stated that my entire order was cancelled because ONE, and only ONE of the 3 items that I ordered was accidentally oversold (flight stands). When I first read the email, I thought "No big deal, so my flight stands were cancelled. No worries, I'll still get my 2 Blue Beetle 3 packs". But the email that they send is so vague and most of the type is cut-off, that you cant even read what is being cancelled, and they give no reason why your order is cancelled. Realizing that I've yet to receive a shipping notice, I re-read my cancellation email and figure out that i've got nothing on the way from Matty/DR. So I call up the Matty Collector customer service and speak to "Marie". She explains to me that, yes, they did cancel my entire order because the flight stands turned out to be "out of stock and on back order", and I get no reason why they feel that it's acceptable to cancel an entire order. I'm then told that I should order my items AGAIN, since they are still in stock. Couldn't they just send what they do have in stock, reimburse the difference, and send an email explaining the problem?

What if I had ordered a large amount of items, say 50 or so. Would they still cancel an entire order without explaining to the customer that they should place their order again? What if I collected a toyline like MOTU that tend to go faster than the JLU 3 packs, and some of the items that were in stock when I ordered them happened to sell out after they cancelled my order? Is that any way to do business?

Now mind you, I realize that in the grand scheme of things, that my complaints about "toy collecting mishaps" don't rate very high in a world where there are more important matters to be concerned with. I have a great life, great family and friends, good job, etc. A lot to be thankful for today, of all days, and a lot to celebrate. With that being said, is this any way to do business?

Post subject: Re: More Digital River/Matty hi-Jinx....
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:46 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Have you ever dealt with Digital River before? :lol: Most of their business practices do not make any sense :? The dumbest one is when you call 2 minutes after your order was placed because you want to add another item & they can't do that. You figured they would want to sell more items, right? Nope they can't do that. So out of frustration you tell them to just cancel your entire order thinking you can just reorder it after you hang up with them & they can't do that either. They tell you if you do not want the items when they arrive to just refuse them & they will be shipped back to them. Yeah, like I would trust a company with such shady business practices to actually credit my card back after that? Don't think so!

I agree these toys are not the most important things in our lives but.....

They do tend to be something that makes us happy at times. You do have a valid point. What if you did collect one of the lines that was actually popular & sells out? You probably would have been out of luck. Kind of ridiculous for them to cancel your whole order because they are out of one item? But yet they can't cancel an order if the customer were to request them to!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:51 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

I swear, someone could write a "what not to do" book about how this company does business.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:27 pm 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

I'm still fighting with them over my lost Uncle Sam & Constantine. The package was lost in the handoff between Newgistics and USPS.