Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Matty JLU Toyman/Dr.Destiny/Firefly 3-pack, Last of the
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:00 pm 
Brand Manager

JuliusMarx wrote:
I've got them already. For me the line has already ended. :cry: :cry:

Based on the fact that 3/4ths of our DC Universe figures (DCUC, JLU & Club Figures alike) came with no accessories... maybe it's time to revisit the Weapons Pack idea. It would definitely be something to look forward to down the road.

Anyways, as my Grandma used to say... bad weed never dies. And by my count, there are still a couple of unproduced GTAS & YJ figures. Some of which happen to be in "close enough" scale to JLU.

Post subject: Re: Matty JLU Toyman/Dr.Destiny/Firefly 12/17, Last of the J
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:20 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

I'm getting them, but it's hardly the end for me. I plan to keep getting customs. I don't just want a full Timm-verse, I want a huge DC Universe!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:42 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
I haven't even received my Blue Beetle yet. The shipping is horrible.

So the line will NEVER be over for you ;) It's a positive!

Yup, the end of an era. What a looooong ride it's been! Was anyone else feeling really sad when those Hasbro Kenner four packs and repaints were all we were getting? After I saw Cyber Joker and the 50th Neon Robin, I was sure we'd never get anything else but crazy stuff...

Hard to believe that was what? Over TEN YEARS ago now? Yeesh!

:)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:54 pm 
my tummy itches

You know, endings are extremely hard. I miss alot of things, ESPECIALLY: family matters when it ended. ( steve Urkel ). That show lasted 9 years. Loved it. But I moved on. With JLU, I will always miss it. It was very fun to collect, but also a pain. Just need to move on. It may come back. Adios JLU this is my farewell. Along with the others.....

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:26 pm 
3 3/4"

I'm getting two (one for me and one for a JLU collector in Bolivia). This was the 3-pack that I've been looking forward to the most. I've been wanting Toy Man for years and I still can't believe we ended up getting Dr. Destiny and Firefly.

I'm sad to see JLU finally end. It really was a pain in the ass the last few years to track down at Target. So many great stories though like finding some rare figures at a garage sale or finally finding Ultra Humanite (which was rare at the time) while studying abroad in Costa Rica. Maybe they'll still come out and do an annual Matty exclusive.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:35 pm 
Displays Backwards

I will be buying them but am really glad this line is over. It was too much of a pain in the ass to collect. Mattel did an awful job with distribution. It really tainted what should have been a fun experience. They made a ton of cool characters, and I give them props for that. It was the best thing about the line. I love DC characters. I love little figures.

But good god was this a chore to collect.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:43 pm 
AFA Graded

Coming soon.

I need to buy or trade for one. Can anyone help me?

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:15 pm 
3 3/4"

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
Coming soon.

I need to buy or trade for one. Can anyone help me?

I'll be picking a set up that day. I can get you one if you want to pay me back. We've dealt plenty of times in the past, I trust you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:21 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

BCYa wrote:
I will be buying them but am really glad this line is over. It was too much of a pain in the ass to collect. Mattel did an awful job with distribution. It really tainted what should have been a fun experience. They made a ton of cool characters, and I give them props for that. It was the best thing about the line. I love DC characters. I love little figures.

But good god was this a chore to collect.

They should have gotten to a lot more figures considering how simple the sculpts are. They missed a big opportunity to have many simple repaints without ever having to even touch the sculpts. I'm only glad it's over because it got too expensive towards the end. I'd rather put that $ towards customs where I get to pick the characters.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:45 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Honestly I'll be glad it's over. I can focus on customs, and not worry about having to overpay. It's been a great run, and there are TONS of characters I wish they'd gotten to. But I'll take what we did get and keep building my collection my way.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:12 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
They missed a big opportunity to have many simple repaints without ever having to even touch the sculpts.

Indeed. Didn't we put together a list at some point with dozens of straight repaints Mattel could produce? It was kind of strange, the way they often produced new sculpts without really exhausting all the repaint possibilities. Don't get me wrong, I love new sculpts, I just think they could have done more with easy repaints.

That said, it leaves plenty of room for customizers to step in. So that's good.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:36 pm 
Collector Inspector

I still wouldn't be surprised if a couple of years down the line they release another matty.com or SDCC exlusive JLU themed figure or 3-pack...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:13 pm 
AFA Graded

tuning4k wrote:
I still wouldn't be surprised if a couple of years down the line they release another matty.com or SDCC exlusive JLU themed figure or 3-pack...

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:18 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

It would make sense to release some follow-up JLU figures. Volcana, certainly. STAS Aquaman, and pretty much any/all of the "lost" six-packs. Shoot, forget the packaging, just put the figures in baggies. Sell 'em one at a time. I've got them all, but lots of folks don't.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:22 pm 
Fugitive Dust

I've missed a lot of figures along the way, so my collection is far from complete. A don't live close to a Target, and there are a lot of figures I just never saw, even some that are relatively common. I expect I'll start tracking down figures I missed and will probably still be collecting this line for years to come.

Do you completists consider the Watchtower an integral part to your collection? I thought it was too pricey when it came out and then never saw it again. If anyone has one on display, I'd love to see how it's used.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next