Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: How's everyone else's JLU Beetle 3 pack...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:00 pm 
Resin

...cause I just got mine and it appears that they used two different molds for his legs as his left leg is shorter than his right so much so that he can't stand. The mold itself looks solid, the lines are sharp and the foots not deformed or anything it's just smaller like it shrank.

Post subject: Re: How's everyone else's JLU Beetle 3 pack...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:22 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

Mine is good! Return it to Matty, get another.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:17 pm 
Resin

Found this pic on ebay. My BB is pretty much the same.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-2DC-Universe- ... 9716682%26

Here's another example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-UNIVERSE-JLU ... 5898f1ab8a

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:00 am 
serves the Otter

4-L.O.T.T. wrote:
...cause I just got mine and it appears that they used two different molds for his legs as his left leg is shorter than his right so much so that he can't stand. The mold itself looks solid, the lines are sharp and the foots not deformed or anything it's just smaller like it shrank.

My Deadman was like that. One easy fix was to microwave a cup of water for 5 minutes. Dip the figure in the hot water for two. Fix the leg manually; put it on one of those clear stands (make sure it looks and stands how you want it to); and then stick it in the fridge so it sets right... right away.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:18 am 
Joint Unfreezer

4-L.O.T.T. wrote:

I bought 2 because I was so worried something like this would happen, and I'm glad I did. One of them is just as you described, a very visible difference in the length of the legs, probably almost 1/4". It's not the first time it's happened to me with JLU. The other one is fine (although I felt compelled to touch up his paint a bit). So it's not all of them. It might be worth your while to return it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:37 am 
Resin

ed case wrote:
4-L.O.T.T. wrote:

I bought 2 because I was so worried something like this would happen, and I'm glad I did. One of them is just as you described, a very visible difference in the length of the legs, probably almost 1/4". It's not the first time it's happened to me with JLU. The other one is fine (although I felt compelled to touch up his paint a bit). So it's not all of them. It might be worth your while to return it.

thanks ed. I don't want to go thru the hassle of returning it, especially since there seems to be quite a few like this out there and I wouldn't expect Matty CS to pay enough attention to ensure that the replacement pack didn't have the same probem. Besides, the paint apps are good and he stands. BTW, out of curiosity Fire seems to have a bit of neck articulation but at the same time it seems a bit wobbly (sort of like Huntress, now that I think of it) so I'm being extra careful with it. Are yours the same and do I need to be careful or is the neck actually pretty solid just rubbery.