Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Seeking Mattycollector advice
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:57 pm 
shirtless hugger

My wife is intent on paying off and canceling the credit card that I have used to subscribe to the Infinite Earths club with. I've heard the horror stories of dealing with Digital River, and I don't want my subscription cancelled. Any advice on how to transfer my subscription to a different credit card?

Post subject: Re: Seeking Mattycollector advice
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:18 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

tanglevine wrote:
My wife is intent on paying off and canceling the credit card that I have used to subscribe to the Infinite Earths club with. I've heard the horror stories of dealing with Digital River, and I don't want my subscription cancelled. Any advice on how to transfer my subscription to a different credit card?

Scott keeps saying that the "My Subscription" page will be up (and working properly) by the end of the year (time *is* running out...). Hang on for a bit and see if that happens before dealing with the CS people. (I hope it does, too, because the card I subscribed with expires in March)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:45 pm 
ABS

tanglevine wrote:

Most people have had success changing the credit card their subscription is on by doing the following:

1) Login to your MattyCollector account.
2) Find the order number in your order history that contains your subscription (it will likely be an order that says "Order Unsubmitted")
3) Go into that order and change the credit card FOR THAT SPECIFIC order.
4) Log out.

Simply changing the credit card that your account is under does not work for most people- You have to actually change the credit card in the actual order from your order history that you used to buy your subscription. I would also follow up by calling the U.S.-based customer service team (the other "outsourced" team won't really be able to help you).

However, if you can wait until January, Jim Abel is right. Scott promised us that the My Subscription page will be up and running by the time the January sale comes around.

If you need to change your credit card info for the December sale, use the method I outlined above. Otherwise, listen to JimAbel and wait for the My Subscription page in January. Good Luck!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:25 pm 
shirtless hugger

Thanks guys! I'll try to hold off until January!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:43 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

The other thing I noticed is that it is kinda all about timing.

If you try to change the card a few days before they are supposed to renew your sub and charge you, all hell breaks loose. If you try and do it just afterwards so that they have the majority of a month to get their system updated (why it isn't an instantaneous change I don't understand), it seems to go a bit more smoothly.

Personally, my card expires in March and I hope that I'll be able to just use the "My Subscription" page that keeps getting touted to manage that without having to deal with the awful customer service center.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:36 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Yeah, even with "My Subscription" I'm going to wait until after that month's order is in my hands to change that card... Even if something screws up, they'll send you a notice that they couldn't charge your card and you can call or e-mail and attempt to fix it that way before they'll completely drop you (though I did lose Poison Ivy that particular month...).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:22 am 
5" Scale

BlackCanary wrote:
tanglevine wrote:

Most people have had success changing the credit card their subscription is on by doing the following:

1) Login to your MattyCollector account.
2) Find the order number in your order history that contains your subscription (it will likely be an order that says "Order Unsubmitted")
3) Go into that order and change the credit card FOR THAT SPECIFIC order.
4) Log out.

Simply changing the credit card that your account is under does not work for most people- You have to actually change the credit card in the actual order from your order history that you used to buy your subscription. I would also follow up by calling the U.S.-based customer service team (the other "outsourced" team won't really be able to help you).

However, if you can wait until January, Jim Abel is right. Scott promised us that the My Subscription page will be up and running by the time the January sale comes around.

If you need to change your credit card info for the December sale, use the method I outlined above. Otherwise, listen to JimAbel and wait for the My Subscription page in January. Good Luck!

I basically did the same thing, but went a different route. Here's what I did when I was having issues with one of my credit cards and bank. I'd follow everyone's advice and wait until your sub goes through to make these changes.

Click on ->Order History
-> My Payment Information
-> Create New Card, submit and make default credit card
-> Delete old credit card
-> Follow up with DR and confirm credit card change in a week.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:33 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I had an issue a few months back when my card expired, and got a completely new card. I simply called the 800 number, and got a new card added to my sub account and had no issues.

I know a lot of people have bad stories with Digital River's customer service, but I have had no issues with them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:08 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

Do it by phone a little over a month in advance. Keep the card open and test it the first month to make sure it goes through. But definitely do it by phone!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:50 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Mine expired last April and I couldn't get it updated in time (about a week). I lost Artocitus because of it.

So, to echo those before, DON'T wait until the last minute and expect them to be able to change it.

Give them at least the better part of a month.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:11 am 
declined to be a vampire

Maybe I'll just cancel my credit card and not give them the new one, that way I can quit paying for this stuff.

I should've done this 5 months ago tho.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:57 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Canceling a credit card can effect your credit score. It's usually not more than 10 points though, just depends on a lot of factors. Something to keep in mind.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson