Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Matty 12/17/12: How'd it go for you?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:31 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

BCYa wrote:
With no more JLU or WWE figs from them, I have nothing left to buy

I don't follow WWE toys but is there a reason behind no more WWE figures on Matty? Bad sales maybe? As an old time WWF/WWE fan since the mid 80s I found most of Matty's WWE offerings pretty boring myself. All legends in their own right but most of them will never make my "A" list. Andre the Giant is the only one that I can recall that I'd call a must.

MOTU still comes in strong - Mosquitor has sold out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:27 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

whakojacko1976 wrote:
I don't follow WWE toys but is there a reason behind no more WWE figures on Matty? Bad sales maybe?

Yep,the WWEGuys on Matty said that they did not sell well enough to continue on Matty.That's why they moved Miss Elizabeth from being sold on Matty to putting her in the Elite line.They said they might try something latter on,but I would not count on it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:56 pm 
5" Scale

I had a slight bit of trouble today. Tried getting into Matty via my laptop and phone. The phone got through first but payment couldn't be completed twice so I switched to the laptop only to have to do the captcha passwords twice.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:58 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Batwasp wrote:
whakojacko1976 wrote:
I don't follow WWE toys but is there a reason behind no more WWE figures on Matty? Bad sales maybe?

Yep,the WWEGuys on Matty said that they did not sell well enough to continue on Matty.That's why they moved Miss Elizabeth from being sold on Matty to putting her in the Elite line.They said they might try something latter on,but I would not count on it.

Thanks.

...and just for the record/clarification I went over to Matty and checked their WWE offerings and I just wanted to say I forgot about the Undertaker figure they released. He's an A too. As far as Shawn Michaels he too is an A but he didn't earn that spot until well after his Rockers days. The problem with Arn and Tully is well... no Ric. And then it's hard for me to get behind any classic WWF line when certain wrestlers are unavailable to be made in the line.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:05 pm 
Wonderdog

Bryan Long wrote:
Got my JLU pack in under two minutes. Farewell, Matty, until you have more toys that interest me.

This. I had the exact same experience, and I bid Matty the same fond farewell.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:22 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

My payment won't go through either. Looks like I get to call Matty later. I've encountered this problem before while at work and another person on these boards advised me it was due to the security setup, but now I'm having the trouble at home.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:06 pm 
ABS

In and out in 2 min., Hopefully this will be my last JLU purchess. Loved the line, hated the hunting. really blown away with peoples customs, and when the they were $4 a piece a lot of funAt this time the only thing left I am collecting on Matty is the Infinite earths subs.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:56 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Mosquitor and Skeletor have sold out. Everything else is still there.

I guess a lot of people are pretty tapped out by this time of yearl.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:14 pm 
Displays Backwards

whakojacko1976 wrote:

...and just for the record/clarification I went over to Matty and checked their WWE offerings and I just wanted to say I forgot about the Undertaker figure they released. He's an A too. As far as Shawn Michaels he too is an A but he didn't earn that spot until well after his Rockers days. The problem with Arn and Tully is well... no Ric. And then it's hard for me to get behind any classic WWF line when certain wrestlers are unavailable to be made in the line.

I think that Undertaker is the coolest figure Mattel released in the entire line. These figures seem to sell pretty damn well in stores - I think it was the high prices and online only which caused the exclusives to fail. I bought them all but they were just too much, like everything Matty does. It feels like MOTU is the only line that can survive the high prices, and even that line seemed to be on the ropes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:09 pm 
5" Scale

I got a shipping notice for my JLU pack. Right now it's in Sparks, Nevada or thereabouts so I should receive it by the 25th.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:29 pm 
Collector Inspector

Same here. I expect it on my desk when I go back to work after Christmas.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:55 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Back and forth emails with customer service got me nowhere. I called them this morning. They told me they are going to work on it and hopefully send me a confirmation in 3 days that the order went through. It's so weird to me. I used to work for a single privately owned retail store and we could take orders instantly over the phone. Apparently Mattel and Digital River can't or won't in this case.