Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 45  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Adam West/1966 Batman line thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:51 am 
User avatar
my tummy itches
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 475
Location: Michigan
Batmobile is available on Target.com right now. $49.99 and if you use your target card you get 5% off and free shipping.

_________________
Drinking the JLU Kool-Aid


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Adam West/1966 Batman line thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:01 am 
User avatar
Fugitive Dust
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:39 am
Posts: 241
Awesome news, can't wait to see what comes down the line.

Thanks for the Batmobile info.

_________________
Mighty Mouse vs Popeye at full spinach strength...you decide who will win?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Adam West/1966 Batman line thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:36 am 
5th Horseman
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 786
Eartha Kitt is already sculpted.

We were supposed to get the pink "Radio-active" cowl as a pack in (along with Batusi hands) until retailer interest waned and they had to cut costs last year.

Egghead is a Joker repaint in White/Yellow with a new Ascot piece and a new head. Unless Vincent Price's estate doesn't grant the likeness, which is slim since they've had MANY action figures based on his roles, I'd say he's an easy inclusion in the line.

Surfs Up Joker is on the horizon.

Mr. Freeze is the big gun for the next batch.

Would bet Yvonne Craig on Batgirlcycle is this years SDCC exclusive.

Gordon, Alfred, O'hara are all standard suit bucks and super easy to get out quickly.

Don't be surprised if this line goes Mattycollector in 2nd half of 14. TBA at Toy Fair. Probably not at NYCC.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Adam West/1966 Batman line thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:39 pm 
active in the community
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:02 pm
Posts: 87
Are these fact, or are you just postulating, good sir?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Adam West/1966 Batman line thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:34 pm 
User avatar
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:41 pm
Posts: 19
In addition to Yvonne Craig as Batgirl, they must have the likeness rights to (based on the fact that they are making Heroclix toys based on them):
    Vincent Price as Egghead
    Cliff Robertson as Shame
    David Wayne as The Mad Hatter
    Otto Preminger as Mister Freeze
    Victor Buono as King Tut
    Roddy McDowall as The Bookworm

And I think I've read that they have the rights to Eartha Kitt as Catwoman, although I don't have a source for that.

Hopefully we'll see figures for all of the above. After all, they've already paid for the likeness rights, they might as well use them. And if these figures really are selling surprisingly well, I don't know why Mattel wouldn't at least try to sell some of them, even if they are "second-stringers."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Adam West/1966 Batman line thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:08 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 2
AnimateTed wrote:
Eartha Kitt is already sculpted.

We were supposed to get the pink "Radio-active" cowl as a pack in (along with Batusi hands) until retailer interest waned and they had to cut costs last year.

Egghead is a Joker repaint in White/Yellow with a new Ascot piece and a new head. Unless Vincent Price's estate doesn't grant the likeness, which is slim since they've had MANY action figures based on his roles, I'd say he's an easy inclusion in the line.

Surfs Up Joker is on the horizon.

Mr. Freeze is the big gun for the next batch.

Would bet Yvonne Craig on Batgirlcycle is this years SDCC exclusive.

Gordon, Alfred, O'hara are all standard suit bucks and super easy to get out quickly.

Don't be surprised if this line goes Mattycollector in 2nd half of 14. TBA at Toy Fair. Probably not at NYCC.


I hope you are right. I still want a Riddler in dress suit too!

Maybe the Mr. Freeze figure could have a variant? This way we could get an Otto Preminger AND an Eli Wallach Mr. Freeze!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Adam West/1966 Batman line thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:34 pm 
serves the Otter
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:15 pm
Posts: 1950
Location: Earth
Would an Eartha Kitt Catwoman figure simply be a different headsculpt and skintone on the existing Catwoman body, or were there any minor costume changes that would require new tooling for the body too?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Adam West/1966 Batman line thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:45 am 
Still ahead of Mudd
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 6172
Location: Shelbyville, KY
shabbyblue wrote:
Would an Eartha Kitt Catwoman figure simply be a different headsculpt and skintone on the existing Catwoman body, or were there any minor costume changes that would require new tooling for the body too?



Wouldn't bodytype alone require new tooling... I would say Newmar and Kitt had the same body at all..

_________________
Fastest know derailer of threads in the know universe...expanded or otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Adam West/1966 Batman line thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:26 am 
User avatar
shirtless hugger
Online

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:05 am
Posts: 1263
Location: New York City
Surf's Up Joker at NYCC


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Adam West/1966 Batman line thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:42 am 
ABS
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:56 am
Posts: 260
Don't know if that's worth getting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Adam West/1966 Batman line thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:32 am 
User avatar
Brand Manager
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2092
Location: Brazil
Thanks for sharing! ;) It will be in my Movie Masters collection as soon as it get released.

:)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Adam West/1966 Batman line thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:40 am 
serves the Otter
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:15 pm
Posts: 1950
Location: Earth
I'll be passing on this silly looking variant, just as I did with Surfs Up Batman, but it's nice that it pretty much confirms more figures are coming next year. A shame one slot is wasted on this though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Adam West/1966 Batman line thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:09 am 
User avatar
Wonderdog
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 704
Location: Asbury Park, NJ
shabbyblue wrote:
I'll be passing on this silly looking variant, just as I did with Surfs Up Batman, but it's nice that it pretty much confirms more figures are coming next year. A shame one slot is wasted on this though.

Yes, we wouldn't want a silly-looking figure sullying our Batman '66 displays, would we? :lol:

As a surfer and a fan of the show, this is pure gold to me. I think the entire line looks great, but this and the Surf's Up Batman are really the only two figures I'm interested in buying.

_________________
Greetings from Broca Beach!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Adam West/1966 Batman line thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:14 am 
User avatar
Displays Backwards
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1192
Location: Alexandria, VA
shabbyblue wrote:
I'll be passing on this silly looking variant, just as I did with Surfs Up Batman, but it's nice that it pretty much confirms more figures are coming next year. A shame one slot is wasted on this though.


That's the problem with the internet. Everyone comes across as a spoiled, entitled child. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

I will get it to go with my Surf's Up Batman, but there are plenty other figures I pass on that I don't fret over. It's not like this figure's existence is preventing Egghead or Aunt Harriet or whomever from being made.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Adam West/1966 Batman line thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:34 am 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12547
Location: College Station, TX
BCYa wrote:
It's not like this figure's existence is preventing Egghead or Aunt Harriet or whomever from being made.


It is taking up time, money and a slot at retail.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 45  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bnjmnrlyr


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.048s | 11 Queries | GZIP : Off ]