Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Adam West/1966 Batman line thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:39 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

The gang is all here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:08 am 
Variant Head

At this point the only figure Mattel could make in this line that I would buy is the Mad Hatter since they did not make him in DC Universe Classics. I hope this line continues just so I can get him, though these figures are selling very well but I can not tell if it is just cause retailers are gun shy and ordering like a case every month lol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:27 am 
serves the Otter

I just want Batgirl and Batman and Robin, all in plastic capes. That is all.

Anything beyond that would be a wonderful bonus. But if we don't get the three above, then this line will never truly be complete to me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:52 pm 
MINT!

i was just using the target customer service chat to see when they would have the batmobile back in stock....Nathan said it has been discontinued.

Nathan: I have checked my resources and I am sorry to inform you that it has been discontinued.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:02 pm 
serves the Otter

gleek wrote:
i was just using the target customer service chat to see when they would have the batmobile back in stock....Nathan said it has been discontinued.

Nathan: I have checked my resources and I am sorry to inform you that it has been discontinued.

Should have ordered it online when you had the chance instead of relying too much on items to show up at retail.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:21 pm 
MINT!

shabbyblue wrote:
gleek wrote:

Should have ordered it online when you had the chance instead of relying too much on items to show up at retail.

yeah that is how i got mine but needed another so i thought i would ask their customer service people....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:30 pm 
Brand Manager

That's Mattel logic at it's best. The Batmobile is selling a lot, so they discontinue it. Probably we'll hear something like "the batmobile collectors are numerous, but not loud enough" from Toy Guru :P

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:55 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Magog wrote:
That's Mattel logic at it's best. The Batmobile is selling a lot, so they discontinue it. Probably we'll hear something like "the batmobile collectors are numerous, but not loud enough" from Toy Guru :P

LAWL... that's so lawl I love it!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:54 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Well, if the retailers aren't placing enough re-orders for it to go back into production, why wouldn't they discontinue it? Yeah, the line has been a surprise hit, but I can't imagine any retailer ordering a ton of the stuff without knowing if it would sell. Would have to image that they're a bit skittish on re-ordering anything, as well.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:54 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

Magog wrote:

There was almost zero retail support for this line, only TRU signed up at first, wich is why it was originally labled as an exclusive. The Batmobile is exclusive to TRU brick & mortar, and Target was able to secure some for online sales. Production was made to orders (which were small) over a year ago, and they manufacttured and shipped. It's not currently reorderable, as there probably aren't big enough orders to justify production.

Mattel isn't to blame here, no one who makes the important decisions thought these would sell, and they did. Mattel simply made the toys in the numbers ordered and shipped them.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:37 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I have yet to see the Batmobile at retail. While I probably would not have bought it, I would have liked to have seen one in person before I ultimately made that decision.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:44 am 
Aspires to be #1

Shellhead wrote:
I have yet to see the Batmobile at retail. While I probably would not have bought it, I would have liked to have seen one in person before I ultimately made that decision.

Same here. At this point, they've pretty much taken me out of the collecting game but it's impossible to buy things I never see (online sales excluded obviously).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:52 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

On launch day I found a few at Toys R Us & bought one. I missed out on the 2 pack, because the lone one I found was painted so badly it was unacceptable.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:35 am 
Displays Backwards

Shellhead wrote:

That sucks. But come to think of it, I only found it at TRU once and picked it up. It's not great, and was too much at $60, but my collection would have been incomplete without it. The availability at retail for this line has been horrendous.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:59 pm 
shirtless hugger

Jim_Abell wrote:
Well, if the retailers aren't placing enough re-orders for it to go back into production, why wouldn't they discontinue it? Yeah, the line has been a surprise hit, but I can't imagine any retailer ordering a ton of the stuff without knowing if it would sell. Would have to image that they're a bit skittish on re-ordering anything, as well.

Especially when there is so much other action figures clogging the pegs already.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 45  Next