Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Adam West/1966 Batman line thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:45 pm 
serves the Otter

FlaBat wrote:
Especially when there is so much other action figures clogging the pegs already.

As usual, the retailers backed the wrong horse with those stupid movie lines. Iron Man 3, GI Joe 2, Man of Steel, etc. None of that crap is selling.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:00 pm 
Aspires to be #1

movie lines never do well and/or are always over ordered.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:01 pm 
serves the Otter

j1h15233 wrote:
movie lines never do well and/or are always over ordered.

Right. Retailers never learn. It's stupid to assume any potentially big box office hit will result in massive toy sales. Just look at how well those Avatar figures sold. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:15 pm 
MINT!

the 'discontinued' batmobile is back in stock on the target site.

i got a couple last night for 49.99 each. added a 98 cent toothbrush to each for free shipping to two different locations. this morning the price went up to 59.99 and the 98 cent toothbrush is no longer eligible to be combined towards the free shipping minimum.

my items shipped this morning and i have four tracking numbers for two orders. batmobiles shipped from a different location than the toothbrushes. perhaps they were paying too much to ship all the items to orders where people added crap like socks and toothbrushes that shipped from a different warehouse? kinda blows they raised it to the toys r us price. they also had some in stock last night but are sold out now.

....anyway...if you still need/want one they are available on the target site...$59.99 with free shipping

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:13 pm 
Brand Manager

Thanks for the heads up. BTW, do you know what their return policy is like? I bought one already but it came with scratches & dings. I blame Robin!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:54 pm 
MINT!

red Ricky wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. BTW, do you know what their return policy is like? I bought one already but it came with scratches & dings. I blame Robin!

i think you can either go through their online return process or take it into a target store. you probably need to print out the order info/invoice. i'd wait till you have the one that cost 59.99 and return the scratched one with that invoice to save $10.

i would take it into a store. i tried to return a shirt with the batman 66 logo that i ordered with a batmobile because it was printed way off center. printed their return label and mailed it in. received an email that they would issue my return as a gift card since i payed with paypal. a few days later i received another email that said they canceled my order for a gift card because they are not available in the dollar amount requested.....i didn't request it...they issued it...or almost did.

i had to open a claim through paypal. provided the tracking number for the returned t shirt. target never responded to paypal's requests in the case. something like 36 days later paypal issued a refund for the full amount of the order(batmobile + t shirt). nice outcome i guess but i'd take it into the store to avoid the hassle...if you used paypal.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:40 pm 
Brand Manager

Thanks for the heads up. I saw their return policy on their website, but I wanted to double check the fact that you can do an "in store" return. You know how it is. I mean... It's one thing when you read you can do something, and another to actually be able to pull it off. Plus, there's some fine print in there that says that you have to check your invoice when it comes to "certain items". Which means that by the time you find out you can't return something, it's too late.

Still man, the quality control on these products is so annoying! It honestly doesn't matter if you're buying a $50 dollar Batmobile or a $5 Big Lots Batman figure... it seems that now-a-days, both are made with the same crappy care.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:30 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Picked up the Batmobile finally at Target.com....Thanks for the heads up!

Regarding this line...I'm in LOVE!! I never missed this show as a kid and to finally have figures is just AWESOME!! However...I think it is a HUGE oversight to not add Batgirl to the line up! My next wave faves would be Batgirl, Egghead, Mad Hatter,Mr Freeze and King Tut!!

I am hoping beyond hope that this line continues!

Last edited by grtwhitecustoms on Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:04 am 
Daniel Pickett

Yes. Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking for this thing in stores since July and have never seen it. Mine from Target.com showed up yesterday. Now I'm all caught up on the line until Surfer Joker.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:08 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Found the Barbies at Target today.

$34.99 each if I read the shelf tag right.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:28 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

grtwhitecustoms wrote:
Picked up the Batmobile finally at Target.com....Thanks for the heads up!

Regarding this line...I'm in LOVE!! I never missed this show as a kid and to finally have figures is just AWESOME!! However...I think it is a HUGE oversight to not add Batgirl to the line up! My next wave faves would be Batgirl, Egghead, Mad Hatter and King Tut!!

I am hoping beyond hope that this line continues!

It wasn't an oversight, the actress who played Batgirl didn't allow her likeness to be used until very recently.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:27 pm 
ABS

Just an FYI, if you have a Target Red Card, then there's no minimum purchase required & always free shipping (+ a 5% discount on all purchases).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:00 am 
Collector Inspector

I picked up Catwoman, Joker and the Batman/Robin set from Amazon, which was selling them for a few bucks less than TRU (Target hasn't had them in stock in a while). Plus, Amazon offered free shipping.

They arrived yesterday, and they look great! I'm very happy with these figures. I'm not sure I want to plunk down the money for the Batmobile, however, because I have nowhere to display it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:27 am 
Ferret Farmer

Finally found the Batmobile at TRU. It was 59.99, had a coupon for 5 off. Plus got a $10 giftcard for checking in. So it really cost me 44 plus tax, that's a deal!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:43 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Still haven't seen a Batmobile.

Or the Batman/Robin 2-pack, for that matter.

On the fence with this line, so I'm not willing to order online. I need to see it in person. Guess I am out of luck.

Ah, well. More money for SH Monsterarts!

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 48  Next